Sign in to follow this  
LunaBlue

Pet Loss Grief Support

joykey

I'm so sorry, Sally. It's a cruel loss. R.I.P to your precious pooch

• Like 1

Apageintime

My 17 year old car jazzy passed last night. She got caught under the garage door, it was too late my the time we found her 10 minutes later. It was horrific.

She'd been with me trough my share housing days, done an interstate move, put up with 2 other cats and a toddler.

I'm sorry jazzy

• Sad 1

Sally1983

I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

aluminium

I just want to say thank you to whomever has contributed to this topic. I have been grieving the death of my dog this week. She was 13.5y/o and  so very loved. She got sick last weekend - some kind of infection ravaged her body, and we said goodbye on Monday. I'm utterly heartbroken. I still have her brother, and he seems fine, but it is a gut-wrenching loss and I sobbed my guts out at the vet-clinic. I have felt so isolated in my grief, so it has been a comfort to read that other people are as impacted by the loss of their furry family members.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

FiveAus
2 hours ago, aluminium said:

I just want to say thank you to whomever has contributed to this topic. I have been grieving the death of my dog this week. She was 13.5y/o and  so very loved. She got sick last weekend - some kind of infection ravaged her body, and we said goodbye on Monday. I'm utterly heartbroken. I still have her brother, and he seems fine, but it is a gut-wrenching loss and I sobbed my guts out at the vet-clinic. I have felt so isolated in my grief, so it has been a comfort to read that other people are as impacted by the loss of their furry family members.  

I'm so sorry. My dogs are my whole world and to lose one is exactly the same as losing a very close and very treasured family member. My oldest dog is nearly 13, this year has been rough on her, she had surgery earlier in the year to remove a mast cell tumour, and she has visibly aged and slowed down since then. The thought of not having her makes my blood run cold.
They are never "just a dog".

• Like 2

aluminium
35 minutes ago, FiveAus said:

I'm so sorry. My dogs are my whole world and to lose one is exactly the same as losing a very close and very treasured family member. My oldest dog is nearly 13, this year has been rough on her, she had surgery earlier in the year to remove a mast cell tumour, and she has visibly aged and slowed down since then. The thought of not having her makes my blood run cold.
They are never "just a dog".

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it. Definitely not "just a dog". Furry family members, for sure. Surgery is rough on them. My girl had surgery a couple of years ago (ligament replacement) and slowed down after that. My boy, he was from the same litter, he has some weird lumps now, that we're investigating but he is still quite spritely - which makes the loss of my girl even harder to take - but I'm hopeful for a couple more years with him. 

• Like 1