Grubb

**** MUMS after INFERTILITY PROBS #37 ****

Grubb

ooooohhhhhhhooo I have won GOLD!!!

I haven't strted a new thread for ages and I am stoked that I have beaten Megs ....hehehehe.....she is driving back to brissie after spending the day with us - and a great day it was and I will be honest and say I am having difficulty posting as one eye is wandering/crossing (yep had a few champers today)...would love to tell you all about it but will come back in tomorrow!

Hello to you use all (how bad a slang is that)......

Airedale

~Chrissie~

Hello Lovelies!

SNAP!!!! Kate! Friday night Ella went to bed at 6.30 and was wide awake and in our bed at 11pm! She woke us up screaming (and I do mean *screaming*!!!!! :o ) "MAMAMAMA!!!!!!!!!", so I raced up the stairs and she was crying, sobbing, tears all over the place, her heart was racing and she was shaking like a leaf! Must have been some nightmare! So i brought her into our bed, where she happily sat for a while bestowing kisses on DH and I!!!! Then she decided to flop all over DH, lie on top of me, pull my hair, headbutt DH......and wasn't asleep again until 1.30am!!!!!! All totally gorgeous things, but just not at that hour!!!!!!!!

Well it's been a pretty quiet weekend here, I've actually gotten things done that I've been meaning to do for weeks, so productive too I guess. I've almost finished Xmas shopping but was totally peeved yesterday when I discovered that the great huge big surprise best-present-ever I had planned for DH is not available anymore.....not happy! Now I can't think of anything else for him, and I'm having trouble thinking of something that I want!!!!!! At least *Santa* has done all of his shopping now!

Just a short post from me, DH has taken himself downstairs (I think he got sick of my "I'll just be a couple of minutes" so he went, and now I'd better go supervise the kids - Ella has discovered Jarrod's old toy kitchen and is "cooking". Should be interesting!

Have a great week everyone,

Love and hugs

Chrissie

xxx

kaboo

Hi all - hope you have been enjoying the weekend and staying out of the heat.

We went to Princess SILs yesterday and it went okay. Apart from dh discovering that they had left their upstairs balcony doors open and their balconies don't have rails at the moment. Thank god Xav didn't escape upstairs. They have the most child unfriendly house so I spend the whole time worrying. I suspect they all think I am a scrooge for not letting my kids open their presents until Xmas. Liam is in a "gimmee" mood at the moment and wants everything all the time so I put my foot down and said nothing until Xmas. I wasn't expecting them to have the presents there because we are going to Canberra after Xmas and then I was the party pooper saying that we would have to wait. But then we had to get everything home - both my SILs asked what to get Xav and we said Lego or teaset type stuff and so what did SIL buy? A big horse that you sit on :wacko:

Today we went out looking at things for Liam to put on his Santa list. We ended up going to lunch at Hogs Breath as it was at the shopping centre and we bought an Entertainment Book (or rather, I forgot to return it and they charged me for it) so we had a coupon. I cannot remember the last time that we all went out for a meal - it has been sooo long (it's been even longer since just dh and I went to dinner by ourselves - about 3 years!!). Xav was really enjoying himself and was really well behaved. Dh and I said that we should do it more often.

Otherwise I haven't been doing much. The m/s (or should I say all afternoon and evening sickness) has started and it has put me out of action. I don't remember it being so bad but I'm kind of glad in a way because the only time I didn't get it was when I had my m/c so hopefully this is a sign that all is well. It just seems like an awful long time from now until 22nd when I go on Xmas holidays!

Well ladies, I had better go and think about dinner. Sorry that this has all been about me, will try and get in again this week for proper post.

emmando

arghh just lost a post so will start again

I had the worst shocker of a weekend and i just cant seem to stop crying over what might of been. DH left the front door wide open on sat morning. I had just realised the door was open and i screamed at DH RUN when we heard the squeal of brakes. This poor guy had just missed her by inches and he managed to get out and stop any other cars hitting her. Sharley Marley was running around the road giggling and saying hello to everyone. My blood just runs cold at how close we came to losing her. Its knocked me for six and im feeling very fragile right now.

Airedale - yep it was Carols in the Park and i think Sharley Marley was trying to go over to the stage to see the balloons. OK your next clue will be the biggest meanest gate being built on our porch this week, luckily its not a hearse taking our precious daughter away.

Andy - so glad that Liam didnt make it upstairs. Its just too horrible to contemplate isnt it? We just have to be so careful when places arent kid friendly. When i get to someone elses house i always go round and check what the dangers are and i will be even more paranoid after this weekend. Many congrats on you pg how far are you along? sorry ive missed so much.

Grubb - Where did you go? hope more champers was involved ;) Remember tis the season to be merry and hung over!

Chrissie - Come on tell us what you were going to give DH - im intrigued!!! Gotta hate those sleepless nights although ist great you can appreciate the cute side of things.

Em

Megs71

Gawd Em, how scary. A very similar thing happened to my little man Oscar not so long ago and my stomach turns at the thought of what might have been :(

I'm waiting for Mrs Grubb & Boothy to pop in for a cuppa after having been at the Wiggles concert, so will come back later for a proper catch up and possibly post some really cute piccies of all our munchkins!!

~Chrissie~

OMG Emm!!!!!! How scary for you!!!! My blood is running cold just thinking about it!!!!! I hope you've settled down and your precious angel is safe and sound!

My present for DH was the something-anniversary CD set of Pink Floyd (can you tell I'm not a huge fan? I know what the cover looked like - wouldn't have a clue what it was called!! :blush: ) but can't seem to find it anywhere now. So I'm interrogating him every chance for something else he might like. At the moment I'm thinking a bike for each of us might be good (my parents have gotten Jarrod a new bike) so the four of us can go riding on weekends.......we'll see!

Megs - How was your arvo? Hope you all had a great time....was Mrs Grubb still wiggling??????? LOL ;)

Andy - How non-relaxing is visiting at non-child-proof homes????? I am also either on the edge of my seat, or just standing, because it's easier to chase Ella that way!!! Sorry to hear the m/s (sorry all day/s) is still haunting you - just try to think of it as a positive - it sort of got me through about 10 weeks!!!!!

Well just a quick post with a big huge gi-normous hello to you all.

Lots of love and hugs

Chrissie

xxx

PS!!! We took the kids to see Santa on Sunday morning and Ella absolutely screamed her (.)(.) off!!!!!!! She loves Santa - as long as he's not real!!!! Took about 5 minutes to calm her down and another 10 minutes of waving stuffed toys / feather dusters / mobile phones / bells in front of her to get a half smile - but the pic turned out pretty well so i'll scan it when I get it back! xxx

~*Cherie*~

Hi girls :ph34r: i know i've been so slack! I'm finally seeing the end of my morning (allday) sickness so hopefully things wil get back to normal.I feel like i haven't had much of a life for the last 3 months,even the computer was making me sick!

I'll be 19 weeks on thursday and have my big scan on friday so that will be pretty exciting, just hoping i see a healthy bub!

Jaxon is doing great,he's getting very cheeky and loves to entertain his mummy and daddy, we had our mothers group xmas party yesterday and he had a ball,even cried when he had to get out of the water which he usually hates.

Andy- A huge belated congratulations to you,what a wonderful surprise!!Hope you have a healthy pregnancy and that the sickness doesn't hang around too long!

Grubb- A very belated Happy Birthday to you! I did see the photo of you and DH and you look lovely!!

Sounds like you have been having somelovely times with megs-how far apart do you live??

Em-OMG my heart was racing as i read your post,how scary! Thank god she is ok and that gate is sounding like a very good idea!

Kate- I was really sorry to hear about your last cycle,i hope you can enjoy xmas and get back into it in the new yr.

Chrissie-I too am interested in hearing about this pressie for your DH!Bummer that you couldn't get it,i hate it when that happens.

Hi Megs-hope you enjoyed your cuppa ith the girls!

I'm off to bed now,struggling to keep my eyes open and i feel like some cuddles ;)

anzacgirl

Hello lovelies! Wow - so much happening in here, I can barely keep up!

Need to be quick. Not much to report from me, last IVF cycle was a bust, have two left in the freezer, will think about transferring next year. Was devastated, still am, but am pushing through and enjoying my life with my darling boy(s).

Andy, what wonderful news! Well done - I hope the MS settles down for you - do have any thoughts as to gender????

Emmando - welcome back slacker :) My heart raced too reading about your experience with little Charlotte.

Grubb - you finally beat our Megsy to the post with a new thread - hooray!

Wendy - I cannot believe that you are nearly 20 weeks already! Can you post a tummy pic?

Chrissie - your posts are always so gorgeous to read - :)

Megsy - love the straight hair piccie, very glam darling. Not so glam the next day no doubt??? Are you watching Australian Princess? I keep forgetting, but the shorts look hilarious.

Airedale - I have an appointment this week to discuss my last cycle and to look towards a frostie transfer in the New Year. We could be close to going through it again together? I need to see a pic of Anna with her 'exploding' blonde curls, and I think Mish needs to post one of Hugo with his new do as well. Poor little Spencer will never need a haircut at the rate he is going.....

Rach - how are things going with your girls? Such an intense time for you this year, new job, endless rounds of tests for Sophie, moved house etc. How are you feeling - any chance of a rest over Christmas?

Yvette - sorry if I have missed your posts, but how is the job hunting going? And of course, how glorious a time coming up with your household of boys for Christmas.

Chaletgirl, so sorry to have missed seeing you both the other week. I was so excited at the prospect, but I know how easily things can go pear shaped ( my body included in that ! ) hope we can catch up soon.

I saw the new photos of Tanias little girl Nadia in the other thread - OMG!!!! She has to be one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen, she has such a knowing light shining out from her.

I know I have forgotten LOTS of us, sorry. Must try harder ( a comment on my report card every year )

Love and kisses to you all.

emmando

grrr lost a big post so ill try and remember what i wrote.

Im feeling a bit better re the Charlotte escape incident. Ive booked a guy to build a gate across the front of our porch.

Anzacgirl - so sorry your last cycle was a bust. Lets hope you get pg early in the new year that would be awesome with the medicare safety net. Sorry not tying to sound trite just wanting to look for a positive.

Wenjax - good luck with the scan. Are you going to find out the sex?

Chrissie - LOL re Ella and Santa. Im taking my 2 tommorrow but i have a feeling Toby will be more scarred then Sharley Marley.

Megs and Grubb - ooooh what happened over the cuppa, both of you have not posted since!!!!

Airedale - Duh i wasnt thinking straight the pie and a can is the blue shop, so im guessing next door to it.

Anyway i better go before i lose another post

Em

anzacgirl

Just a quick question from me: in my local paper today I noticed quite a large colour picture of a little boy with a Santa Hat, and a message from his parents saying how proud they were of him, and Happy Birthday. I think it was his first birthday. My first thought was of how sweet it was, my second was of how expensive it must have been, and on closer inspection of the photo, my third thought was of why the picture included showed him with his mouth around the top of a bottle of beer. :glare: :sad:

So my question, and I know I could post this in the WDYT section and get a million people telling me to lighten up, but I would rather do it here and have my mates tell me their opinions, is:

Do you let your little ones 'pretend' to drink from bottles/glasses containing alcohol? Or do you let them take a sip?

My stand point is not one of making alcohol something they fear or crave by being all anal about it, but I just cannot see why little children need to have alcohol in their bodies?

Please feel free to shoot me down. Like I said, happy to be roasted in here :)

Airedale

I thought I was receiving e-mail notices of a new post but obviously not !! What a wave of activity.

Do you let your little ones 'pretend' to drink from bottles/glasses containing alcohol? Or do you let them take a sip?

No way. No pretending, no cute photos of an asleep baby with a bottle next to it (prentending it's passed out from the partying) no go area. I feel bad when Anna screws my diet coke lid on and off. I don't think it's ok until early teens.

Anzacgirl, here is the most recent photo of Anna. All the action is at the back. Did I tell you that a Woolies shop assistant asked me if I knew that there are products to get out matted curls - WT ?? I like the craziness of her hair.

anna

I agree. Nadia is just so beautiful.

Em, OMG. I held my breath while reading that. I even hate to think of what could (but didn't) happen. Another clue. One of the greatest classical composers.

Chrissie, great to hear from you. MMhh not very good in the pressie buying stakes so no cool suggestions for DH.

Wenjax, 19 weeks :) That has gone by so quickly.

I almost had a heart attack and started crying when I saw my ticker.... 1 year, 5 months & 3 weeks old :( That means she is almost 18 months :o

Gotta go. Anna is rolling all over the dog who doesn't sound too happy. All I can hear is " Allie lo lo lo lo lo " followed by a giggle and pitter patter of a little one running... I think after the poor dog.

DH away for next 3 days so will probably be back later. Santa is coming to our library tomorrow so will take Anna down to 'meet' him in the lead up to photos on Monday.

Edited by Airedale

kaboo

Hi there - I am sitting here in front of my new toy - a new computer. We have been talking about upgrading our Mac for months now because our old one was bought in 2000 and was no longer up to the job. So I came home from work yesterday to find that dh had been to the Mac store and brought home a new iMac to replace our old one. It is divine - nice and shiny and fast. Here's a pic:

100_0673.jpg

It has movie editing software so I'm going to try to edit our home movies of the kids to send to the grandparents for xmas.

Em - OMG what a scare for you! I'm always afraid of Xav escaping as he would run straight out on the road. I am 7 wks today - a natural fluke, we'd been trying for a year with the view to return to IVF in Jan so it was a complete shock to find that I am pg.

Kate - sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle - what a bummer that you can't start till the new year. Anna looks so gorgeous in that photo! She looks so much like you too.

Anzacgirl - I'm also sorry to hear about your failed cycle.It sucks no matter what.

Re the beer bottle. No I don't think it's funny either - although there are people in my family who would think it is and try to offer Xav a sip :mad: and then treat me like I have a stick up my bum for going off on them.

I don't really have any thoughts about gender. I am assuming it will be a boy, just because I have two already and I read somewhere that people with IF problems are more likely to have boys because only the fast sperm right near ovulation make it - or something along those lines.

Wenjax - wow, 19 weeks! Good luck for the big scan tomorrow. are you going to find out the sex? Jaxon sounds adorable - I'm sure he will just love Xmas this year.

Chrissie - LOL re Santa photos. I have a classic one of Liam where he is bawling his eyes out. My dh has that Pink Floyd album but I can't find it to tell you what it is called. :wacko:

Well today Liam had his speech day for school marking the end of the year. It was at a convention centre and I ended up sitting outside for nearly 2 hours with Xav because he freaked out in the first 5 mins. :glare: I couldn't go anywhere because it's not near shops so it was annoying.

We gave Liam's teacher a movie gift card as a present and she was really impressed with it - she said it's better than the usual chocolates etc that teachers normally get. I've also got one for Xav's daycare teacher. So if you are looking for a good pressie for a teacher it seems that a movie voucher is a winner.

Tomorrow night we have our work xmas party. I don't know how I'm going to get through it as I've been feeling awful the past few days. But I have to go for at least the first bit. Luckily I am driving so I can use that excuse for not drinking.

Anyway, I'd better get to bed.

Grubb

Before I repsond to some personals I have to say......

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR MISS MEGS...

it was yesterday and I am a slack friend and totally forgot! I woke at 4am and remembered (been awake since).........Megs I am so sorry...............I sure hope you had a fun day and treated yourself somehow while the kids were at daycare!

Ancazgirl.......mmmmm I don't really know if I should answer your question only cause I am in fear that it will be me who gets hammered by you all! I am not saying that its right for kids to skull a stubby of beer however I am guilty of allowing Hugo to have a sip of my champs - when I say a sip I mean the tiniest tad of some...........I am sure all kids especially boys are known to have a fascination with their dads can of beer............Hugo has to have a stubby cooler around his drink bottle sometimes just so he looks like he is as grown up as DH!

Kate.....I see you agree with Anzacgirl re the grog episode ......oooppps I hope my thoughts don't make you think any less of Miss Anna's boyfriend.....hhehehehe - I promise he isn't an alcoholic......hhehehehe! The photo of Anna is just divine...........she is so beautiful! I hope you cope without DH for a few days.........only 10 sleeps till santa comes :laugh:

Emmando.....Yes, I did call in and see Miss Megs on Monday but unfortunately it was a very short visit as we had to get back to the coast due to Boothy having visitors lobbing on her door step! We had been to the Wiggles concert so Hugo and Mitchell were in fine form.....thank god they had a power nap on the way home! Great to hear from you bye the way - you were MIA for so long! LOL at your game your playing with Kate - are either of you even warm to where you both live?

Kaboo....Holy crap 7 weeks already! Love the new computer! Bit flash!

Chrissie and Wenjax.....Waves to you both too.....about time Wenjax came in...heheheheheh - stunned too by how far you are into your pregnancy....pls pls pls tell us if you find out the sex of your bub! Chrissie I would love to see the photo of Ella screaming in front of Santa! I am thinking young Hugo will do that for sure! Stay tuned!

I planned on writing alot more but Hugo has woken so better go attend to him.....he is yelling out..."Hi", "Hi".......he is so funny - he talks NON STOP!

Megs71

Thanks Mrs Grubb for the b'day wishes, although, as per my text msg & email, you are off my friends list.

It feels nice to be 28yrs old that's for sure. :wink:

Not staying long....have so much to do, it's making me nauseous.

I am not one to get into personal posts such as the drinking one, but I have to say, I am like Grubb in that, both my kids have had a sip of their dads beer. DH doesn't tip it into their mouths, but rather they taste what is around the rim. On another board I go to, these discussions always end in someone being upset or hurt, so will bow out now if that's ok.

Back later for personals.

Megs71

just wanted to share photo taken last night. kids helping me blow out my candles

2ndbirthdayonwards538.jpg

emmando

Megs- Happy 4th birthday!!!!!

As for the beer thing, not particularly my thing. Buuut when both of my children have wanted to try mummys drink (red wine) ive said sure try it. Can guarantee as their little noses get near they are "ewwww me no want yucky drink mumma". Odd considering Sharley Marley thinks snails and Christmas beetles taste just fine. Ive always worked off of the theory that tell them they cant have something then they want it more. Mind you i havent tried this with my Cosmo Slushies as they dont taste that alcoholic and am a bit worried that they may actually take me up on my offer.

Grubb - yep MIA since July, not really sure why just been really busy and over the puter (back in a big way noe though)

Hmmmnn re the me and Kate thing. Theres only a maximum of 25 houses between us so theres not too much to narrow down. Kate must have it down to about 5 ish houses and i think i might be near too! We have passed each other in the street once - yep the dog gave it away!

Kaboo - ooooh love the new puter can you see im green with envy!

Had the Santa photos done yesterday. Sharley Marley hi fived him and tried to rip off his beard but refused to smile for the camera - a bit odd really as normally she sees a camera and poses and smiles heaps. Mind you pretty happy with it. DH has unplugged the scanner so will try and post it this weekend.

Yeay have finally finished my Christmas shopping!!! Im really looking forward to Chrissy this year as i suspect it may be the last one that Toby believes in Santa and Sharley actually sort of knows whats going on. Oh i bought Toby's teacher a victorinex card. Its like a swiss army knife but the shape and size of a credit card. A bit expensive at $50 but he has helped no end with Toby this year and deserves it.

Arghh being prised out of my seat so beter go

Em

~*Cherie*~

Hi girls,

Am back from my second weekend in Sydney in a row, it does get tiring but i love seeing everyone.

We had our scan on friday and are happy to announce that we are having a gorgeous little BOY, bubs is healthy and all the bits are there, now the search for names starts so throw throw them at me pls!!

Heres a pic of bubs

19WKS_44resise.jpg

Cute hey!!

Happy belated birthday to you Megs !! Love the photo of you and Jazzy & Oscar , it's beautiful!!

Grubb- As if you would get 'hammered' here!!Well i bloody hope not anyway! I like to think that we can say anything in our small group because we are all friends after all :biggrin:

Em- Nice to see you back !! I've been mia for awhile too thanks to the MS monster!

Kaboo- Luurve your new pc!!! I think you may be right on the boy theory , our sperm were hand picked (ICSI) so i dunno but it's pretty intersting stuff,i think they were doind a poll on IVF/ICSI babies somewhere on the AC boards.

Kate- I just love seeing photos of Anna ,she is just stunning!! I will have another boy in the running for her!! He'll just be a little bit younger!

Anzacgirl- I think theres a big difference between a child putting their lips on a bottle and one actually drinking alcohol,we are not alcohol drinkers in our house,DH rarely has beer.I do know of one family hatlettheir young child have the ends of beer bottles and i think it's disgusting!But this was quite regularly too !Will post a tummy pic soon!

Well my boy is awake from a short nap :sad: so i'd better go and sort him out!

Megs71

Great to hear everything with bubby is going well Wenjax. Seeings I have finally decided that we're not having any more children, you can steal the ones that have been on my list if you want. It's very short, so here it is.

Dexter :smile: my fave

Elliott :happy: DH's fave

Seth

Sebastian

Xanda

Not the run of the mill names, but our last name is soooo boring our first names had to be a little interesting. Do we get a prize if you choose one of our names :laugh:

Gotta go to the bank before closing time. Back later to read up some more.

kaboo

Happy belated birthday wishes Megs!!!! Love the photo - your kids are very cute :)

teejay

Hi Girls,

Thought it was time for a post.

Megs: Belated Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good day.

Wenjax: Congrats on finding out you're having a healthy baby boy. Love the picture.

Em: Pleased to hear that your Santa photo went well. See below for mine.

Grubb: When do you go away for Christmas? Can't be long now.

Andy: Love the new computer.

Kate: Very cute picture of Anna.

Well only 3 more sleeps until we go to NZ. I am so excited. I have started packing and I'm finding it hard to fit it all in, with Xmas presents and then having to take winter and summer clothes because there weather is so unpredictable.

The kids had a mini Xmas last Saturday, with the inlaws. They got spoilt as usual.

I took them to see Santa today and all was going well until Mitchell had to sit on Santa's knee for the photo.

100_0406.jpg

I wasn't going to buy the photo but it was a nice one of Deahna. I also wasn't to happy with santa's helpers. Normally they would of tried to calm him down and maybe have sat him on DD lap instead but they were like a big production line and just hurried us though. Santa didn't even ask the kids what they wanted. My friend works at customer service in this shopping centre so I went and told her how useless santa was.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great Christmas and all the best for 2007. I'll be back in mid Jan to catch up on everyone.

Take care,

Teejay

Some how when I resized the photo, I have cut DD out and I can't seem to get it right. Never mind, you get the picture of how happy Mitchell was.

Edited by teejay

Megs71

Thought you were going to bed Mrs Grubb. Just sent you an email. Go have a look.

Hoping this link works...really funny...go & have some fun being an elf

www.elfyourself.com

Here's me.....

making an elf of myself !!!

Edited by Megs71

anzacgirl
:tongue: Megsy, you are one gorgeous, naughty, dancing elf!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Airedale

Wenjax - CONGRATULATIONS on finding out that your wee little one will be a boy !!! 2 boys. I love the idea of 2 little rough and tumble boys wrestling in the lounge room and the banter that boys have. Please run through some ideas with names. You're from Belgium aren't you (does that mean you are Flemmish ? ) BTW. Absolutely love the names that Megs came up with. Elliott & Seth are two of my faves.

I find boys names much harder to chose from. If Anna was a boy she probably would have been a Joseph Johannes (nice Dutch middle name :tongue: ).

Megs So sorry, I totally forgot to actually type HAPPY BIRTHDAY was thinking it though !! What prezzies did you receive ? Your ticker of the kids is fantastic and the photo of them with your cake - too cute. In regards to beer the choice is yours and it made me laugh as I was thinking of Joy's mother ("My name is Earl' the one who was in the wheelchair) "Don't you judge me" about this and other heated topics especially found on WDYT sites.

Andy How are you feeling ? Did you have your OB appointment last week ?

Mish, you've been quiet. How are preparations going for Chritmas? Are you going to a restaurant again for Christmas Day ?

Teejay, great to hear from you. that photo is a scream !!! In more ways than one. Em, Anna too high 5'd Santa (DJ's) but refused to sit on his knee so DH is in the photo with him. She does look cute in it the photo with DH sitting on Santa's knee :laugh:

Well, the tree is up and presents wrapped and underneath. House is a complete mess with wet smelly dog included. Wish I washed her yesterday :angry:

Going to make use of Anna's early return to bed and get the house into some order.

Kate x

Edited by Airedale

YvetteE

Hi Everyone,

Life with three kids can be a little bit hectic at times! It's all good though! It has been so busy lately with Christmas almost here and all that goes with it and also trying to organise the move. Why is it that as soon as you get on the phone the kids go mental? Never could understand that! The electricity company must think I am completely bonkers! Still I think we are pretty much on track, just need to do the packing now! Move day is the 11th of January so still a few weeks away. I'm excited about it though!

I also have a job! It was offered to me today and I have accepted. It is close to home, full time, and an administration role which is what I was looking for. I am very excited about it but sad too. Don't really want to leave the boys. I know I have to though so at least it is a job that I'm looking forward to starting. Makes it much easier. I start on Jan 22nd.

We have met with our new family day carer and she is lovely. I think Cohen and Jasper will adore her. She seems very gentle and calm. She is also an ex-teacher (in India) and structures her day really well. I think we will be happy with her.

Finn is super excited about starting school. In the last couple of months, his attention span has increased immensely so I think he is well and truly ready for it. My new job also means that I will be able to drop him off every morning which is really good.

OK, that's enough about me. Onto some personals:

Kate - Don't do too much housework - you'll make me feel guilty!

Megsy - I had to laugh at your elf! How fantastic. Sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday earlier! Hope you got spoilt rotten.

Teejay - What a classic photo! That will be something to treasure forever!

Wendy - Congrats on the boy! Having two boys is so lovely (having three is lovelier still!). Mine are great mates and it is so nice to see them wrestle and laugh together! Names, hmmm, well the ones that were on our list but we didn't use were Spencer (thanks Anzacgirl!), Addison and I love Rafferty too but DH didn't.

Em - Oh my, that was so scary about Charlotte! It has me so worried now about Cohen as he has absolutely no road sense. Will have to make sure that the front door is locked!

Anzacgirl - I'm so sorry that your last cycle was a bust. That really sux. I hope you enjoy a few drinks over Christmas and that the next cycle works for you.

Andy - That's a great present for a teacher. Mind you, I haven't given anything to Finn's preschool teachers. I did send some home baked cookies today. Both Finn and Cohen helped me make them so I hope the kids and teacher liked them!

Chrissie - Still waiting to see your Santa photo! I should try and scan mine too but I don't know where the scanner is!

Mish - You have been quiet lately - I miss reading about yours and Hugo's escapades! Come back!

Chaletgirl - Once again, thank you so much for those divine cupcakes. We really enjoyed them! You clever girl!

Sorry to those that I missed. Have a great Christmas everyone!