kaboo

**Mums after Fertility Problems #30!**

Grubb

Morning ladies!!!!

Here is the link to our mega get together (I posted it on the last thread but it got closed last night, only a few hours after posting it!)

http://www.wizkid.com.au/eb2006/

Master Hugo is a real handful but I am thinking its his teeth (he has 4 trying to come thru) - hes very whingy which of course becomes very grating after a FULL day of it. Yesterday I got called into work - I was so happy to be going as I was at my wits end with Hugo............so mum had him all day and when she brought him home she said she was going home for a drink as she was shattered......heheheheheheh! He is climbing onto everything - he had his first real fall on the weekend - he got on top of the coffee table - when I saw him he stood up and fell backwards onto the ground - thank god he was in the lounge room that has carpet and not in the family room which is tiled - OMG did he scream!

DH is home sick from work today so I am hoping that I get called into work so that I don't have to stay home and hear him whinging too..............I do feel sorry for him though!

I will come back after I have done a few loads of washing and answer the quiz......I am trying to find another one that I have that asks a few more intimate questions......!

Kaboo - the photos of the Xav with the wallabies are great - certainly ones to treasure!

Edited by Grubb

Megs71

YAY, good to see you back Grubb & Kaboo. Boy it's been quiet in here. Photos of Xav were gorgeous. Sounds like you had a better time than you thought you would.

Grubb, there's nothing worse than a sick husband. Mine carries on like he's dying or something. Lucky he's escaped this flue I've had otherwise I would have had it from all corners.

Seeings no one is "talking" much at the moment....cos everyone but me has a life obviously....and seeings we all love the quizzes so much, and seeings we're all getting so good at posting piccies, how about we post....

YOUR FAVOURITE WEDDING PHOTO !!!! or,

if you're not married,

YOUR FAVOURITE COUPLE PHOTO.Understand if you don't want your face all over EB, but for those who are keen - how about we see you all in your sunday best!!!

Here's mine

wedding-mg1.png

Edited by Megs71

ratbag

Great pics - looks like everyone had a fab time :D

Cheers,

Grubb

Hey Megs......

I am here to play! I ended up going out for brunch and then took myself off to Pacific Fair.......no bargains to report!

DH is feeling a tad better so is relaxing on the lounge watching a DVD..........

Here are two wedding photos!!!! We were married on the 8th June 2002!

MischaandChris3.jpg

Groupjump.jpg

I am not a real flowery person hence the plain bouquets.......I also gave the girls a handmade bracelet each that matched my tiara!!!!!

Flowers-Dresses.jpg

Megs71

ooooooo this is fun!!! Grubb, you look gorgeous! Here's another one from me...

ja21001.jpg

Just adding that I was married 30 May, 1998.

Anyone else?

Grubb

Megs

i love how they print the photos in that brown tinge........I also LOVE black and white!

Who is the blonde bridesmaid with short hair? She is really familiar! I loooovveeee their dresses

I have to gloat and say that our photos were used in the Gold Coast wedding magazine that comes out monthly.......we thought we were pretty special!

I see their are a few EB chicks on line viewing us Miss Megs..........Tania and Rach - I see you!!

Edited by Grubb

JuSoJaRa

Oh Wow! You girls look fabulous!! Come on everyone - I want to see more!

Unfortunately mine are not scanned into the 'puter cos I was a child bride and got married in the days before digital photography! I was married on April 8, 1995. I was 21 and DH was 23. And after being told we were too young and it wouldn't last here we are some 11 years later, mostly happy (except for my occassional annoyances at him :p ). I will get DH to scan a couple for you.

We also just bought a package of photo's of the girls that are out of this world - I am soooooo happy with them! We were in Westfield and we got cornered by one of those stands, you know the "A free photo of your child!" things? And I thought 'What the hell? I've got a spare 30 mins'. At the time I didn't think the pics would be much chop cos Sophie squirmed and Julia had silly smiles but the package is gorgeous. There is one pic in particular of Sophie that is just devine. I will post them too.

Here's some more quiz questions but there's only a few cos the other's were the same as we have already answered...

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER?

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEAL?

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

DESCRIBE YOUR HOME IN ONE WORD.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BREAKFAST?

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE?

WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?

SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO DO THAT YOU'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE

Ok - start answering....I'll do a seperate post with my answers.

:) Rach

ETA - there is something weird happening here and my seperate post has joined my previous post......

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER? Sweet Peas

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEAL? Mmmm - do I have to pick just one???

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? 25th of July

DESCRIBE YOUR HOME IN ONE WORD. Well the old house it would have been 'sh*tfight' but the new house (so far) is 'ordered'

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BREAKFAST? Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms, Tomato, Sausages - the whole deal!

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION? Public Servant (HRM)

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? Stay at home Mum

WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE? When I have enough money - probably never!

WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? In a blackberry bush (long story.......)

SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO DO THAT YOU'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE Go for a ride in a Hot Air Balloon

That's me - Next!!

Edited by JuSoJaRa

Grubb

I really should be going and getting Hugo from daycare but I am having too much fun on my new computer........

Rach......Your forgiven for not having photos to post but you must get your hubby to scan them.........I see you like sweet peas - these were in my bouquets - they were my grandmothers favourite and she has since died! So a bit sentimental.....

I do like gerberas but they never last

Any food.......but do love a lamb roast with the works.....takeaway I am a bit of a Pizza fan and also Thai or Indian

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

29th November 1971

I asked DH this one and his reponse was "Clean"

if we go out for breakie then its eggs benedict but at home I love vegemite on toast or honey crumpets

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

Customer Service Chick for the Government

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

General Manager of a hotel

When the bank balance allows me to..........many many years away

1997.....married 2002 ...happy to say we have passed the 7 year itch......heheheheh

Oh crap - can't think.......DH says that he would like to ride Troy Corser's GSXR1000 motorbike around Phillip Island...........WTF you are probably thinking - he is a bike freak!!!!!! He sold his flash bike (his boy toy) just before Hugo was born - he now keeps nagging to get another one!

Edited by Grubb

emmando

Yeay - i am alive and am sooo dissappointed i missed the get together :(

We have a new laptop as our PC went kaput and i didnt know my password and it was my old work address yadah yadah yadah!!! Anyway i have been popping in so have some idea of where you are all at but now i hav the laptop in the house it makes it so much easier with Sharlie charging about.

Hmnn will have to work out how to post piccies but again am thwarted by passwords etc. What is wrong with me huh?

Anyway what i have been up to ermmm just busy doiong nothing IYKWIM. Sharlie is full on growing up and talking and running etc. She is pretty sweet natured and a lot more compliant than Toby was but this may change in time.

Oh some of you may may remember that i gave up smoking (again) well i fell off the wagon and have been on/off smoking for ages now. So i went to see a hypnotherapist yesterday and have made the decision to be a non smoker for the rest of my life. Will let you know how i go.

Wow cant believe Audrey is coming home - Alison you must be so proud :)

Anyway sweet natured Sharlie is climbng all over me and not being so sweet so i better go, will check in later with some piccies hmmmn must find of us as a couple, pretty hard really

love Em

Edited by emmando

Megs71

Ok, Rach, so forget the wedding pics, how about just a nice piccie of you & DH? Anyone else? This is great!!!

emmando

Sunflowers

Beef and Rocket carpaccio with a roquefort dressing, Moules mariniere, Thai ckicken salad - yep anything savoury really

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

8th April 1972

Chilled

Eggs benedict with smoked salmon or ham i really not fussed.

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

Domestic Goddess and Supermum

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

Domestic Goddess and Supermum and Supernan

Why retire when you are doing what you love

Friend of a friend at uni (i thought he was a dag) he ended up moving into a shared house in London with me a few years later. Within 3 weeks we were engaged within 4 months we moved to Australia and just under a year we were married!!!

Hmmn the City to Surf and the Sutherland to surf. Oh im also thinking of doing some volunteer work of some kind.

WOW 2 posts in one day!!!!!

love em

Megs71

lily

grilled fish, rice & veg (yep, dieting at the moment!)

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

December

big!

none

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

book-keeper, mum, wife

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

no job!

when the kids leave home!

dating agency!!!!!

nothing really..if there's something i wanna do, i do it!

~*Cherie*~

Hi girls ,

Well we're finally getting on top of our colds here , am feeling much better.I hate being sick , DH did his best looking after us and the house but it needed a major clean this week.

Tania & Grubb- Thank you so much for the photos , they're great , wish i had of brought my camera but forgot it in the rush.

Got a wedding pic to post but i had to take a photo of a photo on the wall so excuse the glare & the dust!!Hehe!!

We were married on the 26.10.01

thIMG_3219.jpg

Em- Yay on the new laptop , i got a laptop for mothers day and i haven't even used my desktop since , it's just so easy .Hope it goes well at the hypnotherapist , it must be hard giving up but i hope it goes well for you.

Megs & Grubb- Your wedding pics are gorgeous!! I love weddings , my sister is getting married next yr to my DH's best friend! I can't wait!

Rach- Thanks for posting the quizes , they're great for getting to know little details about everyone.

Lily of the valley

:blush: Frogs legs :blush:

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

13 of july ( last week)

home

Dad's homemade waffles or pancakes

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

Mummy & wife

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

Mummy & wife & later...photographer

I think i already have :D

At school , he was 16 & i was 17 , we've been together 10 yrs

I'd love to do a castle tour in GB & Europe

OK i'm off to watch footballers wives new series.... , big hello to everyone!!

kaboo

Love the pics! I was married in Dec 1996 (10 years this year!) and so none of my pics are scanned except this one - which is cut out:

weddingbw.jpg

Grubb, the photos of the meet are cute. Although all the pics of Xav are with his harness on LOL. He loves that thing and insists on wearing it around the house.

I would do the quiz except that then I have to own up to being a librarian - not the most glamorous of jobs.And my dh first asked me out while I was working in the library (I already knew him to say hello to as he was sitting in on my French class at uni). Now I sound like a real nerd LOL.

Xav had a shocking night last night - cried on and off until midnight and then we put him in our bed except he kept sitting up and saying "where's mummy" or "where's daddy" until dh put him back in his cot. But he came back again at around 4am. I had to go to work so I was pretty tired and had a lot of coffee! Tonight he was grumpy when I got home but after a bit of a scream he is sleeping.

Liam had the day off yesterday but probably could have gone to school. He is fine now. We still don't know why this happens.

Edited by kaboo

Grubb

Morning my friends!

How are we all today? mmmmmmmmmm I know Miss Megs, Kaboo, Rach and Wenjax might answer me................Where the hell is everyone else?

I am starting to feel now that a few of us have met that you don't like me.........bugger - nah I am hoping this isn't the case - you all just have a bit of a life and EB is not high up on your priorities - I hope that you all are having a nice time doing whatever.......looking after kids is a bloody hard job....!

Anwyay I just wanted to say that I am loving seeing everyones photos.........All wedding photos are glamorous.........Last week I went a friends to view her new wedding album - WOW I was in awe.......mind you she spent $4000! So you would hope they are bloody fantastic!

Emmando - You have been MIA for such a long time - shame you didn't make it to the get together.....Airedale was asking about you too when we met her on the Sunday at Fox Studios! I too went to a hypnotist to give up smoking when we started IVF - it worked right up until I got home with a screaming child....I regret having that ciggie - I blame DH as he never gave up BUT I have convinced him to try to do it now......so we have started by rashioning the numbers daily........Good Luck!

Here is another quiz for the day!

Things you may not have known about me.....

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. Assistant Manager of a 5 star Hotel

2. National Operations Manager of a Finance Company

3. Hospitality Trainer

4. McDonalds Trainee

B) Four movies you would watch over and over:

1. Grease 1 & 2

2. Love Actually

3. The Notebook

4. The other Sister

C) Four places you have lived:

1. Gold Coast - Surfers Paradise

2. Tasmania - Sandy Bay

3. Bramley - UK

4. Airlie Beach - Whitsundays

D) Four TV shows you love to watch:

1. Greys Anatomy

2. All Saints

3. Home and Away

4. Kath & Kim

E) Four places you have been on vacation:

1. Fiji

2. Paris

3. Thailand

4. Mt Hotham

F) Websites you visit daily: (or semi-weekly)

1. Essential Baby

2. Nine MSN

3. Real Estate.com

4. Seek.com

G) Four of my favourite foods:

1. Thai

2. Indian

3. Italian

4. Fish & Chips

H) Four places I would rather be right now:

1. In bed asleep

2. In bed watching TV

3. In bed reading

4. In bed

Edited by Grubb

Airedale

Morning Gals,

An early morning start this morning. Anna woke at 6am so I decided to go to Target for the toy sale. WOW what an eye opener :o Some awful, awful, awful women out there. I was interested in the Villa playhouse http://www.target.com.au/html/catalogue1476T/1476Tp08.htm it is really tiny and I don't think she could stand in 1 or 2 years time. Shame, becuase I was getting excited at all of the tea parties we could have. Only bought Little People Barnyard Fun and got out of there quick smart !

Mish, your bridesmaid dresses are just BEAUTIFUL did you have them made or did you buy them? They suit the girls and the colours are really lovely. Your dress is just lovely too. The photo's are great. I got married in 2000 so will have to work out how to scan. You've certainly lived in a few different places too.

Emmando, so good to hear that you are well. Was a little worried about you :blush:

Have just put Anna to bed so going to have a cup of tea and try to wake. My sister is coming for lunch today so I have to go out and buy something for her to eat... she is 12 weeks pregnant and going through a ham sandwich, fuji apple and lemon drink phase :smile:

BBL to do the quizes.

Kate x

Grubb

Only me again........work hasn't called so here I am still on the computer. Just got off the phone to Anzacgirl and poor Spence hasn't been well but he is on the mend now...........she gave me a tip for the day - Going to try to give Hugo those Yakult (?) things - apparently they are good for the immune system........will head off and do a huge grocery shop this avo!

Kate......I designed the bridesmaids dresses myself and found a great seamstress who made them from my sketches.........they aren't bad huh! My dress was made by a designer called Leonard Derecourt...........I loved it but it was way tooooooo heavy as it was just covered in huge pearls! The tiaras and bracelets were made by Victoria Secret!

Hugo beat Anna this morning and was up at 5am..........not impressed but knew it would happen as he is going thru a stage of not eating (all up yesterday he would have had 1/2 weetbix, 1/2 sandwich and no joke 1/8 jar of jelly - approx 300mls of milk)......needless to say by 5am he is hungry........He went off to daycare so lets hope he eats a little more today!

I went to the Kmart toy sale yesterday and bought Hugo a Wiggles car costume (its a real cack) and also a Wiggles guitar............My dad and brother have about 10 guitars each so thought Hugo needed one too!

Enjoy your lunch with your sister today!

Off to write another job application - I am really missing working in hotels (yes, I know I am stupid) - but there is a Assistant Manager's position at the new Holiday Inn - the job won't be mine as don't want full time but you never know they may offer job share.......

anzacgirl

1. Production Manager

2. Account Manager

3. Marketing Assistant

4. Spruiker at Target Sales

1. Sound of Music

2. Love Actually

3. Gladiator

4. Best In Show

1. Central Coast NSW

2. Cairns FNQ

3. Maroubra NSW

4. Toronta NSW

1. Law and Order

2. Spicks and Specks

3. Eastenders

4. Australian Story

1. Malaysia

2. New Zealand

3. Greece

4. Hawaii

1. Essential Baby

2. SMH

3. Ebay ( help! )

4. Google

1. Italian

2. Vietnamese

3. Indian

4. Baked Cheesecake

1. Upstairs

2. In the bath reading

3. In the shower....

4. Having a coffee looking out at the water, anywhere

I am not married. But am engaged. When I first joined EB I thought that DH stood for Darling Heart!! So put DH on my sig for ages......I will try and find a pic of Anzacboy and I looking reasonable. We will get married, but first we want to do IVF again and try for another baby. And I will not marry him until I am 20 kilos lighter and have gone on Extreme Makeover.

Hope you are all well, will be back for personals after a shower and a furtive listen at Spencers door to make sure he is OK.

xx

Airedale

Have made a fresh cup of tea and am waiting for Anna to wake up so will do these while the house is quiet (well.... the dog is barking at the cats next door which is driving me crazy )

1. Travel Agent

2. Temping at Real Estate

(during IVF's 3& 4)

1. When Harry met Sally ETA: Anzacgirl... how funny is

Best in Show?? have you seen

2. Groundhog Day A Mighty Wind???

3. Amelie

4. Green Card

1. Tamworth

2. Coffs Harbour

3. Sutherland Shire

1. Amazing Race

2. Spicks and Specks (snap Anzacgirl)

3. Without a Trace

4. Australian Story (snap again!)

1. France

2. Peru

3. Nepal

4. Vietnam

1. Essential Baby

2. SMH

3. OLN or www.letour.fr ( any these type of websites at the moment.... LOVE the Tour de France)

4. Google

1. Desert

2. Breakfast

3. Anything my Mum cooks

4. Ice cream

1. Mallorca, Spain

2. Tahiti

3. see above

4. see above

next .......

kate x

Edited by Airedale

kaboo

Just about to go and do the groceries, dh just rang to say that we have been invited to dinner with some French people he has over for work. Could be fun but will be tiring with two kids plus having to speak French (they don't speak a lot of English).

1. Librarian

2. Catering supervisor at the SCG (where we had our reception)

3. Nanny in Sweden

4. Ran the commissary (like a shop for diplomats) at the British Embassy in Sweden for a summer

5. Checkout chick at Coles

1. Chicago

2. Yellowbeard

3. Rebecca

4. Grease

1. Sydney

2. Stockholm, Sweden

3. Newton Ferrers, UK

4. Lee-on-Solent, UK

1. Survivor

2. Amazing Race

3. Next Top Model (Oz and US)

4. Tru Calling

1. New York

2. Paris & Normandy

3. London & Europe

4. LA

1. Essential Baby

2. Cafepress

3. revolving door.net

4. yahoo

1. Thai

2. Hot chips

3. Creme Brulee

4. Proper hamburger from a milk bar (with beetroot)

1. In bed asleep

2. on holiday

3. in France somewhere

4. in a nice clean house!

Megs71

These quizzes are great and the photos are fabulous. These quizzes are a great way to get to know everyone just that little bit better!!!

1. paralegal

2. nanny

3. accounts administrator

4. office administrator at a juvenile detention centre!!!

1. Pretty Woman

2. The Patriot

3. Click (the new one with Adam Sandler - soooo funny)

4. Muriels Wedding

1. Cairns

2. Brisbane

3. Brisbane

4. Brisbane

1. Big Brother

2. House

3. Aussie Idol

4. Survivor

1. Paris

2. Switzerland

3. Venice

4. USA

1. Essential Baby

2. Jaded Vision

3. I-Do.com

4. Google

1. Chinese

2. Thai

3. Fish & chips

4. Vietnamese

1. In bed (still sick!!!)

2. out to lunch

3. in the bath with the kids at kindy

4. away from my in-laws who have made a surprise visit to us today :angry:

JuSoJaRa

LOL!!! Miss Grubb - I was about to post the same quiz!!! Oh and Sophie beat both Hugo and Anna - we got a 4.30am wake up call!! Poor little bugger had 2 bad croup/asthma attacks last night. At 11pm we were in the steamy bathroom and giving her ventolin and again at 4.30 she was coughing her left lung up and it must really hurt cos she'd cough then cry straight away then you'd get quiet for a minute then it'd all start again. Off to the Dr this afternoon for 18 month immunisations so we'll ask then about the coughing attacks......

I am loving these quizzes - so many little known facts about each other!

1. Public Servant (HR specialist)

2. Cafeteria Manager

3. Crew Chief @ Macca's

4. Baby sitter (does that count????)

1. Black Hawk Down (that's about it cos I don't really like to watch movies over and over)

1. Canberra

2. Melbourne

3. Yugoslavia

4. Canberra

1. All Saints

2. Survivor

3. The House of Tiny Tearaways (on Foxtel)

4. Law & Order: SVU

1. Byron Bay

2. Malaysia

3. Blue Mountains

4. Adelaide

1. Essential Baby

2. Weight Watchers

3. Babyzone

4. Google

1. Satay Chicken

2. Chocolate

3. A real steak on the bbq

4. Ice Cream with Choc Mint Ice Magic on it

1. Travelling somewhere over seas (I'd love to see Moscow)

2. At home asleep

3. Having a coffee and a good gossip with some friends

4. Anywhere with my family

Well that's me - pretty boring huh? I will endeavour to post pics tonight. For now I better get some work done, I'm leaving early to get Sophie weighed and measured and the off to the quack for some needles!!

P.S. Sob, Sob - our carer has told us she's leaving Canberra! I am so upset. Doing the rounds of centres now cos I don't think we'll get a carer that good again.....

Edited by JuSoJaRa

teejay

Hi Girls,

I thought I'd pop in and do the quiz

Things you may not have known about me.....

1 Payroll clerk

2 Office Manager

3 Service Supervisor

4 Fruit Picker (spent a summer doing this)

1. Grease

2. Pretty woman

3. Forest Gump

1. Brisbane

2. Wagga Wagga NSW

3. Dunedin NZ

4. Lake Tekapo NZ

1. Mcleods Daughters

2. All Saints

3. Home and Away

4. Lost

1. Canberra

2. New Zealand

3. NQ

4. Sydney

1. Essential Baby

2. Bank

3. google

4. Nine msn

1. Chocolate

2. Ice cream

3. Chips

4. Fish & Chips

1. Sleeping

2. Sleeping

3. Sleeping

4. Sleeping

And the other questions

Rose

BBQ

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

April

Home

Bacon, eggs, sausages, the works

WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?

SAHM

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

SAHM with sick leave

When children leave home

10 years ago in a nightclub!!!

Skydive

Teejay

JuSoJaRa

Hey Teejay! I love that sig - it's awesome!

Anyhoo - here's some of my pics but they are photo's of photo's so please excuse the quality.....

Sophie - Face

Sophie1.jpg

Sophie - 'The Model'

Sophie3.jpg

My Beuatiful Girls

JuliaSophie2.jpg

Our Wedding

Wedding.jpg

I hope they suffice for you Misses Grubb and Megs!!

BTW - Sophie passed her development assesment with flying colours and has jumped right back up on the charts. Her height is still down but maybe she'll just be a shorty bum! But she's put on 700gr in 5 weeks - Yay!! Sadly she didn't get given her shots cos she's struggling with her croup/asthma and the Dr didn't want to load her up. So back again in a week or so.

Gotta fly - Lost is on!!

Edited by JuSoJaRa