Sign in to follow this  
Bel

Feb 06 Parents # 11

7earthlings4angels

:D me first??? :D yaay

lol.. lisa.. ill settle for second :tongue:

partyof4

Lucky third!

Grrrrr I just lost my post..all my fault.. dont have time to rewrite..lillian slept for 6 hrs straight woohoo

7earthlings4angels

HI ladies hope you are all well.

jen: i wouldnt put bubs in lights or noise as it will overstimulate them, i settle destinee beside her cradle in the dark or with ensuite light on. dont talk to them or play music i find with destinee this wakes her up more and she opens her eyes.

I rang the hospital last night to see how much formula destinee would take at her age (as i only bought 2 saches of formula for emergencies, it told me 1 sachet to 200mls water, and i knew she wouldnt be drinking 200mls yet!) she should be drinking 550mls a day or 90 mls a feed. she told me to go to the health food shop and get 'MILK THISTLE' tablets to increase my milk supply, (i dont need to increase supply, just quality of milk) SHE TOLD ME TO EAT ALMONDS!

:mellow:

ALMONDS INCREASES YOUR 'QUALITY OF MILK' i didnt even know that so today i will go and buy some.

mat payment: got out of hospital monday, put it in tues morn, was in friday morn, they were pretty quick, last time with DD#6 took the full month.I guess it depends on how busy their processing office is.

Destinee was unsettled last night around 9.30pm gave her both breasts, still unsettled at 11 so made formula up, she drank 20mls and flaked it! slept till 3.30am. :smile:

Well off to have a shower while she is sleeping and girls are watching ABC Kids. B4now.

Wanderoo GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest toppy

Sorry I haven't got through all personals but just put Caleb down so want to get morning happening.

Suzy K They must know when to test you, my first day alone I managed to have all 3 crying at one

Elly's Belly Did you get a photo with the moulds or just do the moulds?

Mum2Lachlan Hope the photo turns out well.

AngpositiveHope MercyMay's better soon

DragonflyMy BC came within 2 weeks

JenRen If I'm trying to settle to sleep I leave them in a dark room, if I know they won't sleep I'll bring them out feed them, have some awake time and try and put them down again.

Morts I had trouble with DS#1's daysleeps until I watched the video so to sleep (from the library) I was mistaking tired signs for hunger.

Buby2u2 I found cabbage a shocker and chocolate and caffeine also have an effect.

Bananapeel Hope Lauren's cold clears soon

Better sleep last night. DS just came in to tell me it's breakfast time and DD's just woken so BBL

4forme

thought i would say a quick hello as every time i try to after reading heaps of posts lately my computer decides to play funny buggers.

well Daisy is being whoa full today, thinks she wants to be attached to my boobs permenately. Has her 4week check today so shall be interesting, as since yesterday she has gone from being a 10min max feeder on both boobs to a full half hour plus on each.

bugger gonna half to go as she is full on wailing, so unlike her.

take care all

Delbo

Hi gals!

Sarzy - I do laugh when I read your posts. We are leading parallel Lives. I too was by myself last night with the kids as DH had to work. Very proud of myself that I got them fed and into bed by 8pm with an unsettled baby. Flopped on the couch afterwards though. And then like you my 3 year old DD had me up twice during the night. I tried Feeding Emma laying down as I did this very successfully with the other 2 kids. But she can't attach as well as when I sit up with her and this results in bad wind. So this might be the problem with Max too. Bugger tho as at least you can rest when you feed them lying down.

Jen - I'm with the others on settling bub in a dim lit quiet room. I went to sleep school with both of my older kids and they strongly recommended feeding in a darkened quiet room overnight and settling them in their cot too. Otherwise they get overstimulated and think it is play time.

Ang - great to hear things are all good with you and DH. Sorry to hear Mersey is unwell. Hopefully she will get better soon. Sounds like even tho you were apart that your relationship with your 9 year old DD has got closer. Lovely!

Mumof7 - I have never heard about the almond thing. Weird. I have never topped up with formula as I am worried it will mess with my supply. Emma has managed to do a few 5 hour sleeps overnight so I think she is getting enough form me. Make sure that Destinee drains the breast as it is the hind milk that fills up their bellies as it is thicker. The foremilk is watery and quenches their thirst but doesn't fill them up.

Morts - sorry to hear that Laura isn't sleeping well during the day. Hopefully she is still giving you great night sleeps though.

Lisa - love the new ticker. Your girls are very pretty little things.

party - cute pic!!

Sounds like some of the babies are atarting to sleep a bit longer between feeds. yay!!

Emma seems to settle so much better if I give her a nice warm bath during her unsettled period. I bath her around 9.30-10pm then giver her a top up. She seems much more relaxed afterwards. She has donea few 5 hour sleep for me overnight which is lovely, however my 3 year old DD has had me up during the night when I should be sleeping. The joy of 3 kids. This morning Emma let out a huge cry and when I went in she had scratched herself 3 times down her face and over her nose. She looks like she has been attacked by a cat.

I am going to try and express today and see if she will take a bottle. Wish me luck. Might get DH to try in case she just wants the boob from me.

Still haven't received her birth cert yet and I posted in a month ago. MMMM hope its not lost.

Better go and have a shower while the little miss is asleep. I hope some of you are having a nice sleepin at the moment!

BBL

Georgina xx

2FairyGirls

JenRen : re the settling in the dark or outside question. If we have tried for one hour to settle and it is just not working we all have a bit of a break. Hang out in the living room, watch TV, cool down (Amelia gets all sweaty and hot crying while wrapped up and being patted constantly!)

Then we have a little feed (if appropriate for the time) and try again. Often the try again is MUCH MUCH shorter and tends to work.

This settling gig seems to be my full time job at the moment. It breaks my heart to see my lovely little girl so sad.

Ang : Thanks for the comments on routine! I think I agree with you - just get baby happy and used to sleeping etc and then deal with a routine after we have figured out how to sleep and eat properly. YOur post came at just the right time for me. :D

Windy Babies : Amelia is v. windy too and sometimes has a reflux chuck but not very often. Also when babies cry for a long time they also swallow air and that makes them burp! The calmer she is the less likely for wind. I have heard that about dairy too so I will be stearing clear. I do need my cereal and milk in the morning though! I am now making Amelia hold of for a feed for at least three hours. It is also making her less tummy achy too.

Will definately try a shower with DD and DH on the weekend! Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Chantz

I'm back after 3 days of MIA, I know that isn't really long but it is in EB terms. I've missed so many posts.

Ang - huge welcome back. I really missed your posts and I find you just can't say everything you want to through SMS. Hope we can catch up soon. Sorry to hear about Mersey, hope she gets better soon.

Mat Payment - I still haven't even filled in the paperwork. Wanted to do it yesterday but Tiahni was a real piece of work yesterday. Hoping she is better today.

Mumof7 - Think I might try the Almonds, thanks for passing that on hope it works. My milk seems to be a bit different. Actually this might sound gross but I tasted it a couple of weeks ago and it was sweet, but now the sweetness has changed to more artificial sweetener.

Delbo - Good luck with the EBM. I did hear it is better to get someone else to give a bottle so they get the idea that from you they'll only get the boob so less chance of confusion. Although Tiahni doesn't seem too worried. She doesn't care where it comes from as long as it is food LOL.

We have added more photos of Tiahni.

http://tiahni.jbean.info

Pickle81

Last night poor Sienna got such a bad pain in the tummy (was curling herself up, then arching her back and screaming in agony :( ). I was worried it might be reflux as she did it more when I was burping her, or laying her down after burping her, but once I'd put her back on the boob, she'd be right, and was fine through the night (woke at 1.30am then 5am, then 8.30am but didn't feed until 9am), and has been fine since. Any ideas girls??

This morning I noticed that Sienna's got a bit of sticky eye in her right eye, so been wiping that with cooled boiled water/breast milk. Hopefully it will clear up today.

Great news, jumped on the scales this morning and I am back to 88kg (pre pg weight)!! Not bad considering I was 95kg not quite 2 weeks before Sienna was born! Am working at losing a bit more though before I have to be matron of honour at a gf's wedding at Easter.

Mum of 7, will have to give the almonds a try, as quality is why I had to stop b/f Stef.

Buby2u2, I was told that whatever you plan to eat while b/f, eat while your pg as that is what the amniotic fluid tastes like, so less chance of it upsetting bub. I remember with Stef I ate heaps of really hot salami while I was pg, and now he can eat food that's quite hot! Going by that Sienna should love watermelon, banana's, and salads!

JMC, wow what a great routine Reaghan has at night! I do the same with Sienna, through the day she's asleep in the loungeroom where it is bright and noisy (she prefers to sleep here), and of a night I just use the lamp in the bedroom.

Anyway girls, off to enjoy the peace and quiet for while! Vic ended up taking Stef with him to Melbourne ahhhhh the quiet lol!

2FairyGirls
JMC Can you come over to my place for an evening and let me know how it is done!!! :blush: Or another idea - maybe we can swap babies. :tongue:

Morts!

Well whatever was bothering Laura for the last 2 days is obviously out of her system now because today she is a different baby. She slept from 10.30pm until 5.00am, had a feed, went back to sleep until 9.30am, then had a feed and a bath, then a top up feed and is now asleep again. I am so relieved, I was starting to think I'd never get her to sleep during the day again. It all must be related to what I've eaten so from now on I'm going to concentrate on only eating healthy stuff.

I spent half the night awake with a temperature. One minute I was freezing and had to get up and get a blanket, then I was boiling and DH had to get me a cold wet flannel to put on my forehead and put the aircon on. My throat is still very sore and I'm living on Panadol. I just hope Laura doesn't catch whatever I've got.

nessandstef - Poor Sienna. Could be wind or reflux. Laura curls herself up in pain quite a lot while she's actually feeding. I think that's from wind coz she's a VERY windy baby (both ends) but she also cries when I lay her on her back from the reflux. I think it's because the acid comes back up the oesophagus and burns. Generally the reflux doesn't worry Laura if she's upright. Have you tried raising the head end of her bed up slightly? That helps with reflux.

JMC - Sounds like Reaghan is doing really well! And smiling already! We're not quite sure if Laura has smiled properly yet. We've had a couple of what we think are smiles because they looked different to her 'wind smiles' but they are few and far between.

Chantz - Had a look at Tiahni's photos. She's so cute. I love her website!

Birth certificate - Mine took less than a week to arrive after I sent it off.

Maternity payment - I've got the form filled in but haven't got around to dropping it in to Medicare. Slack I know but every time I plan on going there something happens and I never end up getting there and it's just so hard to do anything now with a baby - no more quick dashes to the shops or nice long shopping expeditions!

2FairyGirls
Jen : DH did that too in about week 2. Amelia screamed the house down and DH was in tears too. DOn't stress - accidents happen. Think of it as the first of many to come over the next 21 years!!!

Morts!

Don't worry Jen. I was changing Laura's nappy last week and dropped the container of nappy rash paste on her head. She screamed and I felt like the worst mum in the world.

So much for earlier post saying Laura is much more settled today. She slept for about an hour and has been awake ever since. Every time I try to put her down to sleep she screams. I just don't know what to do. Have just been in tears on the phone to DH and he is coming home early. I don't know what's wrong with her.

Morts!
Jen - I've tried everything - tried settling her in her bassinet by patting/shushing and even tried getting her to go to sleep on my chest and then putting her down (I know it's better to get her to settle in her own bed but I'm desperate). At the moment I've had to put her in her bed and walk away for a few minutes coz she is just crying continuously and I need a break.

Kygee

Hey there Karen you sound like you are having the same day as me with Abbi :(

Since we got back from being out she has been so unsettled, nothing is working :(

It is now 7 in Melbourne and she has been playig up since 2.30pm :wacko:

I just dont know what to do, i have her in my arms at the moment sleeping but if i put her down she wakes and starts screaming.

I have tried her swing, patting her in her bassinett, but nothing seems to work and also she keeps thinking she is hungry all the time.

Her dummy keeps falling out she screams, i am in tears in the study at the moment with her in my arms :wacko:

While the other two are outside playing with dad, i feel so sad for them as today they have missed out on playing with mum :(

I dont know what to do i was thinking maybe it is her formula , maybe it isnt filling her up????

Sorry to come in here and winge just i needed to talk to someone and i know you girls would understand what i am going through ;)

Jen: I remember when i hit Nathan's head on the bath for the first time, i started boiling my eyes out i felt that bad so it is normal to feel bad but dont we all do it once in a while!

Well girls sorry i havent done any personals, i am going to try and get her into the bassinet as hubby has just made dinner for me

;)

Wish me luck girls!!!!!!

Kylie

2FairyGirls

Re Settling ; I read the book recommended by the hospital. It is Australian it is called Sleep Tight Sleep Right and it is Australian written by Australian doctors. Very simple to read and understand. I understand it is the same method as Tresillian Recommends. Anyway it basically says you HAVE to settle them in the cot/basinette. When they are quiet and awake WALK away. When they cry come back and repeat. This has KILLED me for the past 3 days. Night times were the worst. Felt like I was muardering my baby. It can take two weeks to get sorted apartently. BUT tonight I patted and shushed for about 1 minute (patting on back while on her side works well for me) and she was out. I am HOPING this will work for me. Found that the Baby Whisper method of STAYING in the room for 20 minutes too exhausting and the baby knew I was there, the minute I walked out there were tears. Oh - another sign they are tired and NOT hungry is that they are quite in your ARMS but in the cot they scream. Fingers crossed I have broken a barrier.....

Morts : Hope that reflux is not playing up again with Laura and she settles for you very soon.

BTW : Amelia settles to Anthony Callea! Weird I know, but I did play the CD a lot in my last month of pregnancy. Something about "The Prayer" got me going!!! :D

MegsyMoo

Jen: Oh poor sweet, dont worry too much, i know it's hard not to. *hugs* to you and Thom

Karen: Same as what Jen said. I find it hard toput Lachlan to bed when he is still awake, but we just did it and has only stired once and is now asleep. We put him to bed as soon as he started yawning.

The bed is elevated is it???

Kylie1979: SOme have said that patting can stimulate too much also, just firm pressure on tummy, if they do have tummy pain the firm pressure on their abdo apparently helps too, or a warm compress there too.

7earthlings4angels

WHAT THE ?

WAS SENT THIS, THIS AFTERNOON.. WHAT HAVE i DONE WRONG?

Hello,

I am the mod of signatures and have noticed your signature is outside the guidelines set by EB.

Flash signatures are not allowed.

If you could change this within 48 hours I would be very grateful otherwise this matter will be passed on to admin.

Should you require any help with reducing the size of your signature please feel free to PM me.

Shellby

Just hearing from wanderoo..will keep you ladies posted :happy: whoohooo go BEC!! :D

message from Wanderoo (Bec)

'STILL AT HOME BOUT TO LEAVE 4 HOSP GET INDUCED ROUND 9 WITH GEL'

whoohoo GO bec!!

Kimxxx

JessieW

Another unsettled bub here! Frances has just gone off to sleep after being awake from 4.30

Catherine - I found what you said interesting - that if baby stops crying in your arms, it's not hunger. When F gets wound up. I give her a few minutes on the boob, then pat back and sweet whispers in her ear for a minute or two, then back in the cot. I was thinking I could be setting her up to expect boob for every settle, but it does seem to work very well.

I think I'll continue this until she's a few weeks older then I'll stop.

hmmmmm

By the way girls, I have noticed that I have lost ALL fashion sense. I seem to be wearing the MOST rediculous things these days! Stripy pants, with mismatched singlets and a weird ribbon in my hair (cause I could find a band)

Bizarre socks and shoes with Billabong shorts....my God.

Is it sleep deprivation? must be!

Jess XX

Chantz

oh oh oh i'm so excited

we have decided that we might (probably) will go to melbourne with the baby bonus money.

Lisa - If we do get to Melb we should meet up and show our bubs off to eachother :)

Jen - DH keeps knocking Tiahni on the car seat, and I got her legs a good one today - got them caught on the feeding pillow when I was turning her for the other side.

Karen - Thanks for the comments on Tiahni's website. Hope Laura settles for you soon. DH says if you want a website it is around $150.00 hahaha

~TCBF~

Hi Girls,

Just want to quickly tell JEN about dummys...

Yes, as they get older they get better at holding them in but they will be eight months or more before they are fully self sufficient with a dummy.

What we do with Will (to help prevent the inevitable dummy fall out) is to use the dummy to settle him initially (you know, when they are red in the face from screaming) and then when he is calm and getting sleepy, we take it out of his mouth and continue to settle him without it. That way there is no chance of it falling out and waking him.

Its working for us so far and will help us from falling into the trap we did with DS#1 which had him hooked on it for sleeping all the time and woe betide if it fell out!!

Thats it for now, thinking of you all xxx

3cheekykids

Oh, I am so jealous of the mums that have bubs who sleep through long periods. Braden is still doing his 2 hour cycle during the nights, at the most 3 hours in the day. Plus last night, DD (2 1/2) was really unsettled and was up at least 3 times. So between the two of them, I hardly had any sleep. Just when I had to go out for morning tea with some school mums who were really sweet to have a after birth baby shower for me. All I can say is thank goodness for makeup. :D

Mumof7 - very interesting with regards to the almond. Haven't heard of that one before and might give it a go.

Jen - Braden got knocked on the head by the capsule buckle on Monday when I was getting him out of the car. Broke my heart to hear him scream.

Settling techniques - I use whichever works for me at that time. Usually it is wrapping, then feeding, then burping, then into bed. If Braden is restless (I usually let him fuss a bit before picking him up as sometimes he settles himself after a while), then it is burping, feeding, burping again if necessary, then bed. And if that doesn't work, then I walk around with him and pat him before putting him down again, sometimes awake, sometimes asleep. I haven't had much success with trying to settle him in the cot, or maybe I am just not patient enough.

Anyhow, I hope that you will all have a restful night tonight. Still holding out for my miracle that Braden will only wake up once through the night. :rolleyes: A girl can dream can't she?

cheers,

joan

~Dragonfly~

On the subject of feeling like the worst mother in the world -

I took Lexie into the bathtub tonight and we have a little seat in the corner of the tub (its a big half moon seat built in).. the water was covering it by about half an inch so i rested her head and upper body on it and held her under her bum so she could kick her legs... the poor little bugger turned her face right around and sucked a heap of water into her nose and mouth. She got such a terrible fright and it took ages for it to clear. I nearly cried, because i could see she was frightened. She must have sucked it right into her lungs because i could hear her breathing raspy for a little while afterwards.

I'm off to go and check her now...

7earthlings4angels

TEXT FROM BEC...

'JUST HAD GELS AND BUBBA MONITERED ALL GOOD NOTHIN MUCH HAPPENIN YET THOUGH'

WONT BE LONG THOUGH BEC

KimXXX