Bel

Jan 06 Parents # 14

Girlintheredshoes

y8weeks027.jpg

hello lovely mummies - remember me?

this is my beautiful boy Lachie who is now two months old!

I have been mostly keeping up with everyone's posts.

i have just been discharged from hospital as i have been diagnosed with PND which is why i haven't posted really since the birth. but i have got enough courage to post tonight.

i will do my best to continue to keep up with you all whilst on my journey of recovery.

xo

~Butterfly~

So good to see you happiness. Your little man is so cute.

Jenks

Welcome back Happiness :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Lachie is SO cute!!

Hope that everything is getting back on track for you, take care.

Jenks

attersee

happiness> great to have you back. What did they tell you at the hospital? Are you on medication? I am not well myself. Just very frustrated and often quite down. Not the usual me. I hope you will be better soon.

I cannot believe I missed 2 threads, I better go back and catch up

attersee

emmabug

Hi Happiness, great to hear from you. It's good that you are on the way to getting some of that Happiness back. Keep posting if you can :D

Butterfly, that must have been so scary. I know I have poked Georgia a couple of times when she's been "too" quiet, after staring at her chest so hard to see if she's breathing and not being able to see anything. Always such a relief when she squirms in annoyance. How can something so small create such stress!?

I am another one that is a very light sleeper. We put Georgia in her own room from day one as I knew I'd never sleep with her next to me, jumping at every snuffle and listening each time she slowed breathing. She's a grunter too - which throws me in the middle of the night when I can't remember if she's due for another feed or just moving between sleep cycles. I keep getting up at 2am thinking she wants a feed but by the time I've gone to the loo and gotten ready, she's asleep again for another hour.

4forme

Hi girls, been a few days since I was on here last so i think I need to do what I did when we were first preg and start noting which thread I post in last so I know where I left off.

Not much happening here, Daisy is good, Bailey is a pain in the butt when it's her feed time and dh goes back to work next week, but he has been taking advantage of the last bit of his holidays and going fishing every 2nd day.

Ps - My first little girl turns 6 tomorrow. Where do the years fly to?

Happiness- So sorry to hear about what you have been going through. You just need to remember that we are always here to offer you whatever support we can.

Dimples81- Good luck with your feeding troubles. My dh would be happy for me to bottle feed too. Every day he has made a comment about going out to buy formula. He is a pain in the butt in that respect.

Attersee- hugs to you. i hope you start to pick up soon.

mystic gal

Afternoon mummies & Beautiful babies

Well i have had a busy day, lets get some personals done while belle is sleeping

~Happiness~ glad to hear that higns are getting abck on track with you, take it easy and post when you can.. Your little on is so gorgeous :)

~Dimples~ yeh she setteld abit, have been doing self settling with her so today is going better.. cross fingers. Thats not good to hear, it's a pity , but at least she is doing it herself, which makes it a little easier for you :)

~Butterfly~ my heart literally stop when i read that, and i had tears in my eye's i could not imagine what you went through, that would have been enough to scare anyone.. i hope that the doctors give him a proper look over and that everything is fine ((((huge hugs))) i bet your scared to leave him alone in his cot now.. let us know how he is going

~ME~

Well i have been bust going here there and everywhere, jsut got back from doing the shopping and Isabelle was wide awake looking at all the light in the shops... She has a little bit of a cough so i'm hoping she isnt getting sick could not handle it.. We went to a settling class today and ISabelle was ready for a sleep so they used her, and she screamed i almost cried, but i persisted that they keep going she finally put her self to sleep and settled herself YAY...

I have a friend that lives in the states, she works with a lady who has a grand daughter in kindergarten, she emailed me to ask if i could send a postcard to this little girls school, as they want to get lots of post cards from around the world.. So of course i will be sending one, so what i was wondering was would anyone be interested in sending a postcard of where they live??? just thought i could help them get lots from Australia, if you can please PM me and i will give you the address.. Cheers

Well i better go Isabelle wants a bottle,and i need to goto bed,lol

Take care talk soon

*hugs*

emmabug

Mystic Gal, that must have been hard listening to your little one go, breaks your heart to listen to it doesn't it! My MIL was teaching me about settling and crying, and she kept saying "wait, wait, leave her" until I wanted to hit her I was so upset!

I just had some help from a friend to update my signature to include a picture of Georgia, testing to see if it works...

--binda--

Afternoon Mummies and Bubbies!

Happiness - Welcome back!! I honestly have missed you! OMG, Lachie is soooo big, its hard to believe that Jade and Lachie were born on the same day!! Hope you are now on the road to recovery. PND sucks!

I can't remember who asked about the washable breast pads, I don't think they are countoured (sp), but I find them alot more comfortable, and a hell of a lot cheaper than 'sposies! I'm going to be switching over to modern cloth nappies when my funds increase a bit too, so sick of disposable nappies.

Jade has a sligh ear infection. And I've noticed she's got the trush back in her mouth :( Ohhh and she has conjunctivitis! (She caught it off Warren grrrrrrrrr!) Poor lil chicken, but she's coping quite well..

Sydney Girls...

Meet up Thursday 9th March, 2006 Westfield Parra 11am

Confirmed

Me

Mystic

Amy (if its the right date iwth everyone)

Anyone else? Mel? Nat? You up for meeting up?\

I'm off to cook dinner before narky hour hits!!

Gagsmissus

Hi Everyone,

Happiness-Good to see you back!! Your little boy is adorable!! Sending you love and Happiness and hoping you are on the road to recovery...

MummyBinda-I'm up for the meetup! see you there...

Jellybean-Are you coming?

Love and Happiness to All

Nat

~4LittleDucks~

hi there,

Sydney meet..I'll be there :D

Cmon jel,you coming?

one handed atm,b/f ing Cooper...

bye for now..

Girlintheredshoes

binda- i have been keeping up with your posts and Jade's progress. Lachie is now, as of today, in Huggies Crawler Nappies!( 8-11kg) He is huge - a big lump lol. it is good to be back. who would have thought it was so hard to post in here???

Rinnie78

hi :D

im a very happy mummy, Chloe slept from 10pm to 5am last night, i had the best sleep ever!

She has been pretty good today and didnt seem bothered by the reflux. I hope this is a good sign, maybe its getting better? I can only hope :D

Happiness-welcome back! Sorry to hear what you are going through, love the pic of Lachie, love his shoes.Take care of yourself and i hope you feel better soon. Depresson of any kind is awful.

Dimples- glad you had a talk to Dh about the breast feeding,do it as long as you can and as long as you enjoy it. If she is refusing the breast it could be coz she is getting confused between the nipple of the bottle and yours,as of course they feel different LOL, this seemed to happen to me with Chloe when i was doing both.They also have to work harder at to get the milk when b/f so bottle is easier for them.Do what you can your doing a great job and dont feel guilty if you decide to go for bottle only. Happy mum, happy baby :smile:

Eddies mum- Stomach flu eek! Hope you are feeling better soon

Butterfly- {{hugs}} How scary for you, im glad all is well.

Mummybinda- poor jade is certainly going thru the wars lately, hope she gets better soon.

have a good night, sleep vibes to all :D

mandy

Jellybean

Evening girls,

Wow, these threads are moving quickly. I feel so slack :blush:

I've been quite depressed of late (shhh, don't tell DH) so haven't been online near as much. I am trying desperatley to lose weight & I despise myself for getting so fat AGAIN!

Emmersyn is doing really well. She's just over 5kgs now, really filling out. I still cannot believe I have a girl, LOL.

Did I tell you all that she has the same birthmark on her forhead as DS1? How weird is that? Her's is about 1/4 the size but it's the same shape etc.

happiness

So glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, hope to see you popping in here occasionally.. Your little man is a cutie.

Amy, Nat & Binda

I'm gonna try to make it to the meet up.. I'm going to see if the In-Laws will look after Ayden for a couple of hours so I can come (in peace).. Will keep you posted.

Not much else happening here. Sorry for lack of personals. Hope you're all well.. have a great weekend.

Mel

~Rose~

Hi lovely ladies,

I haven't been around much this week. I've been flat out with orders! I'm in the latest edition of Woman & Child magazine here in Brisbane so if anyone read that mag tell me what you think of my ad ;) Anyhoo, I have had heaps of enquiries & orders over the last week that has keep me fairly busy.

Joshua

He is an absolute angel. He had his needles yesterday & was very brave. After the initial screaming he settle down straight away - thank goodness for boobie bottles ;) He is a lot more awake now & very smiley. Jordyn get the majority of smiles around here. He just adores her, I think because she pays the most amount of attention to him. Natasha just walks past & says hey baby boy & keeps going. Jordyn is always playing with him. He lays on the floor of the lounge & she dresses him up in her dolls clothes & surrounds him with toys! He is 12lb 10oz (5700gm) now, he is doing super well. He loves to eat - it must be a boy thing. I can't believe he is 8 weeks old = where the heck has that gone!!!!

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0024WinCE.jpg

ME

All is pretty good. I'm tired but that's to be expected I guess. I had a great birthday & weekend away. We took the kids to Seaworld & they loved it. I did have a little scare a few days ago. I woke up feeling very ill, DH started freaking out that I might be pregnant ;) It only lasted a few days so I think it must have been a bug ;) I would dearly love to have another baby but not quite yet hehehe!

Happiness

Lovely to see you around again. Sorry to hear about the PND - it sucks doesn't it. Are you on medication? I was on something (cant remember the name) after Jordyn was born - IT WAS SO GOOD!@!! I felt awful, I could barely get out of bed, all I wanted to do was curl up in bed & not do anything. Thankfully with the medication I got over it pretty quickly. Lachie is gorgeous!!! He had grown so much. Would you be interested in a meet? or prefer to wait a little while ? I'm so glad you are back :)

Luchresa

How are you going!!??!! Sorry to hear about Sam having relux. It's it shocking. It must be so painful for them. I hope he grows out of it quickly :)

JellyBean

I hear ya on the getting fat again - I'm so overbeing fat but yet I crave shocking food. I seem to be eating worse now than ever. i think it's because I have no time & seem to eat on the run but I have joined a gym so that's a start. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Ryn

Wow that's a fantastic sleep - well done Chloe!!!! It sounds like she is doing very well :)

~Nic~

How fantastic you can take Ashlynn with you to uni - that's awesome. It's great you have your mum to help you out on Tuesday. It's much better to leave them with someone you trust & feel comfortable with hey! I haven't left Josh yet, he's sticking to me like glue. Hope you go well at Uni this year :)

MummyBinda

Sorry to hear about Jades ear infection. poor little thing is havinga rough time of it at the moment. Hope she is feeling better soon

Gosh, look at the time. I have to get some sleep!!! Hello to everyone I have missed!

mystic gal

mummies & Gorgeous babies *KISSES*

~Emmabug~ Yes it's very heart breaking all the other girls were jsut looking at me, and i was very surprised that i didnt cry... if it was family i would have told them were to go, but we have been doing the same thing and she knows when she gets wrapped it's sleep time :) cross fingers it works

~Mummybinda~ Fantastic that we have a few girls wanting to met up i feel like a little kid counting down the sleeps..lol Are majority driving or catching the train??

Poor Jade she is in the wars isnt she!! hope she gets better quickly and that you dont get anything.. Kick Waren's butt for giving her yukky eyes.. (((hugs))) to jade

~Nic~ thats great that your back at uni, even better that you can Ashylnn with you, and good to see your mum will watch her on tuesdays.WOW she is growing fantastically.. Interesting to see what the click is and what the ultrasound shows.. keep us informed i'm very curious

~RYN~ Congrats on the big sleep :) you have to love those, hopefully the relux is going fingers crossed

~Jellybean~ ((hugs)) hope you start feeling better soon,Emmersyn is growing well good work.. It would be good if you tried to come and but just see how you go :)

~Luchresa ~ lol isnt it funny what they like, Isabelle stays awake at the shops yet falls asleep as soon as the car gets going.lol, typical he could jsut stay asleep.. but thats just wishful thinking

~rose~

Great to hear that you ahd a good birthday weekend away.I bet hubby was crossing his fingers that you werent preggers.. Joshua is growing nicely he is soooo Cute and chubby love when thay are like that. What is it that you do???

~ME~

Well i'm totally exhausted Isabelle was awake every 3 hours last night as she is sick, am about to goto the doctor, she has a stuffy nose and a yukky cough.. all i need is a sick baby, just when i got her in a good routine.lol

Gotta run will come back later

Girlintheredshoes

Hi Rose

I am on medication - i finally have had a good morning this morning ( up out of bed and feeling ok at 8.30!) my mum has been staying with me and helping me a lot.i have slowed down and am trying not to be superwoman.

Joshie is soooooooo cute! i would still love to catch up but i think i need a few weeks. i'm without a car for a little while until it gets fixed anyway - i crashed it twice in less than 24 hours. yep my life was out of control - i couldn't drive a car! i was a nervous wreck and constantly crying so i don't think that helped.

so i will give you a holler when i am feeling better. i have been keeping up to date with Lisajn too.

xoxo

rose - i have just realised how much i have dribbled on :wacko:

cjpj

hi girls, dont know what happened, i did and sent a big replyto the start of this thread, came back today and it wasnt there??????

HAPPINESS so glad you are back with us. We have really missed you. soo sorry to hear youve been having such a hard time. We are here for you poss, on your good days AND bad days, together we shall all battle thru.

Yday, dh, lily and i went to melb, to get the car seviced, and spend some time with family. DH family were stoked to see Lily, and gave her lots of cuddles. She was a little charmer, smiling and gurling away, making us all laugh.

TMI i know some of you have mentioned AF returning, i was hopiong for a year.. not sure WHAT is happening to me now?? had some bleeding, but am fully bf??? i also had the implanon put in 10 days ago, so not sure if bleeding, is a/f, side affect of implant, OR if it is post birth stuff, cuz my medical record said docs were not sure iff all membrane was intact at delivery. midwife said weeks ago, i could get bleeding on and off for ages, if uterus couldnt clamp down fully, if any membrane still there. Spose i should see doc on monday. Sure dont want AF back, when on cotraception AND bf!

Tonight i have a girls night out! kinda a work thing, for all the officer wives on base. DH will give lily some of my spare ebm :) Ive made a neckace, with matching earings, to wear tonight :) only took me 3 weeks to do the simple necklace, lol.

took large bottle of ebm out last night, 12 hours later, with a bit of prodding, its now a slushy, ;) should be right to go for tonight, even if we have to pop in on the bench for a bit.

Well off to oexpress a bit more, havent done it today, and im looking like madonna or wonderwoman... see boobs b4 you see me, coming a round the corner

Jenks

Hi Girls

Happiness Greta to hear things are getting better for you, just take it one day at a time and remember we are always here for you :smile:

Rose Joshie is such a little cutie!! I bet you just wanna squeeze those chubby cheeks all day long :tongue:

cjpj I hope it is not the dreaded AF rearing its ugly head, hopefully it is just a bit of left over blood from birth finally making its way out.

That was a pretty slack try at personalls but I must dash as Abbey has a party soon, I am sure my kids have a better social life than me :wacko:

Have a great weekend

Jenks

Rinnie78

Hi girls,

Went shopping for new clothes today, since nothing i have fits me :( Left Chloe with DH and off i went. It was nice to go out and have some me time without bubs, although i missed her :blush: and couldnt wait to get home. Good little girl gave her daddy a hard time. When i left she was sleeping, i was gone all of five minutes and she started! HE HE :D

Came home a few hours later and Dh said she had been a monster and had just gone to sleep. She looked like nothing had happened at all :tongue:

Its Chloes name day tomorrow, looking forward to it, but not the early morning as we have to drive two hours as we are having it at the inlaws church, service starts at 9am :( Should be a good day.

personals-

Jellybean- weird about the birth mark. Are you feeling any better? Sorry to hear your a bit down, i soooo know what it feels like.

Mystic gal-Poor Belle, sending get well vibes her way :)

Chris- had to laugh about the madonna/wonderwomen statement :D Thats the part i loved the most about my boobs was when they were full of milk, wish they could have stayed that size as im normally a small B cup and went to a D!

sorry thats all for personals, im a bit slack in remembering whos said and done what.

Hope you're all having a good day

mandy

Tildababy

Hi All,

Grace & I had our 8 week follow up with the Dr on Thursday and all is well. My gorgeous girl had her first needles and has been pretty good since. We had a day out today and she was an angel.

cjpj - I had a light AF just before 7 weeks and I am fully breastfeeding. Grace has slept well of a night time since she was 10 days old so that may be why. I have only had to get up to her once a night so my boobs usually wake me up before she does. I had the Implanon implant put in on Thursday...I thought it was worth trying..beats trying to take the minipill at the same time each day and a lot cheaper too. I hope it doesn't upset me too much.

Well, gotta go my little girl wants her bedtime boobie!

Kylie

~4LittleDucks~

Evening all,

Been mia for whole thread things are bit hectic here atm...

Have to be quick as im just feeding Cooper and we have visitors.

Saw ob on thurs for 6wks check.All is good,he has given me script for mini pill,but im not fussed bout taking it..Can somone give me some info on this Implanon thingy??What is it,how it works poss side effects etc.Any info would be great..

I am having really bad cramping also.Its like just b4 af arrives.I really dont want to be getting it back already..

:( Be glad to never get af again..lol.Cooper is sleeping most nites 9 hours so is a huge possability,,

Anyway please excuse typos..lol.one handed again

Hope all is well, will catch up asap... :D

--binda--

How slack is it that AF has come to visit a few of us that are B/F'ing already :(

Jade is fully breastfed, every 2 hours, and I got it SIX weeks after she was born.. NOT happy!

mystic gal

Evening Mummies & Babies *hugs N Kisses*

Well i hope you all have a good nights sleep..

~cjpj ~ Well i hope you enjoy your night out with the girls.. hope things go well with AF

~Luchresa ~ Hope you get more pics of Sam, cant wait to see what he looks like now :)

~Ryn~ Thanks hope it works she has the cold, and her little nose is soo stuffy, we are giving her drops but she had a total of 4 hours all day hope she sleep well tonight.. Last night she was up every 3 hours ARGH.. Fantastic that you got out by yourself that would have been good, our girls know how to muck up for daddy... Good luck with the naming day hope to see a pic :)

~jayamyc ~ Fantastic that Cooper is sleeping 9 hours :) Great that your checkup went well

~jayamyc ,Tildababy,cjpj ~

I had the Implanon rod put in about about 3 years ago, but it didnt go all that well Firstly i had AF for a month and then i spotted for 5 months and i decided to get it taken out, when he took it out the tissue had grown around and it hurt lots even though he gave a local... cjpj this could be why you are getting AF so just be careful and keep an eye on it.. I would think twice about it, because the last thing you want is to have AF for as long as i did.. so good luck

~me~

Am exhausted Isabelle has the cold and has had 4 hours sleep all day hopefully she sleeps well or i'll go crazy!!!! apart form that things are going well have done 3 pages in my scrapbook now, just have to wiat for alot of stuff to come via post ( I love EBAY) lol.. Better get to bed hope you have a good sleep

Sending Sleepy Vibes your way

Cheers

Annette