LittleBT

Best come backs

whatsonemore

All right girls i need a good come back for the line

i always get "Don't you know what causing it." any ideas of a come back.

~Sine~

I would try

"yeah dont you?"

and

"Yes,and as you only have two kids obviously you dont do it much. "

(edited too add I read these off a website so I dont mean too offend those with 2 kids) :)

and

"Yes! So don't get too close to me! "

He he

K~and~A~plus~7

sine, trust me i bite my tongue around her. Just not sure what to say sometimes simply because she is DH's sister. I know he wouldnt care if i said it but it seems wrong to do it!!

4lildarlins

I was just reading this to dh and he said to someone once this comment.

Rude person who loves to comment "gee they all look alike don't they?"

Dh " yes well we have had the same milkman now for the last 5 years"

We have had a good laugh .. I am sure you "LARGE" families get a lot more comment than me, mine are usually related to the age gap more than anything else. I do hear people whisper at my OB's office though when I have to take all the kids and the other day his secretary made all these comments about how I was just a baby incubator and truly I should just stop now.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!

DenimAngel

Actually I even got it from Santa this year lol but he was being nice.

Santa~ "Don't you know what causes it?"

Me~"No?" lol

Santa~ "Well I better not tell you or he (dh was standing with the rest of the kids) won't be too happy with me" ROFLOL

Edited to add, we couldn't get away and even though there was not much in the line when we arrived I could see it building up but Santa and the photographer wanted to keep chatting lol. We caused a bit of a Santa traffic jam ooops.

KristyMum-

Well it was all clear when we went into the appointment this morning but on the way out we passed the three drunks under the tree... (and no, not 'the' stereotype that gets bandied about so often either)

(add drunken slur of your choice)

'how many are ya gonna have!?'

'whatarya having a whole tribe?!'

'I'll buy ya a tv for Chrisshmas love!' (ooh you'd put me before alcohol, I'm flattered?)

'don't you know what condoms are!?'

We just kept walking and I laughed them off w is hard because drunks, in my experience, have not been fun and it makes my skin crawl. DD said something about why/what, and I said well sometimes even adults say silly things and when adults have had too much to drink then they can say some really silly things.

And you know what the silly thing is? We 'only' have three children... :rolleyes:

Mummy6Boyz like Santa's sense of humour and the one about the priest. Although if he was game enough to make his comment then yours could be considered by some, a fair response! :D

Rainbow.Nomad

"Don't you know what's causing it?"

"Yes, but it's so much FUN!"

I said that to a guy at safeway the other day, his jaw nearly hit the floor!

CafeCat

Wish I was there to see that one Chickabol!!! cheering!!!! :D:D:D:tongue:

7earthlings4angels

I always get comments too, 'you going to have anymore??'

'don't you know what causes it?' now i have some come backs. thanks ladies. :D

KimXXX

Eternlslady

We get told regularly "Betcha you're hoping for a girl this time"

(Like they are so clever - we've never heard that before!!!)

Hubby caught me by surprise the other day when he responded in a very shocked voice

"Do you KNOW how many girls we threw back before we caught 3 keepers???"

It was an old lady who asked and she looked absolutely MORTIFIED! I had to bite my lip until I could hide in the toilets for a laugh!!!

crazyM&D

I have a new one for you ladies to come up with a come back for, I had my 4 under 5 at the shopping centre yesterday and am 30 weeks pregnant aswell. I was expecting the usual comments of you must be busy etc. and was ready with the usual nod and smile thing. I would never be game to use some of the come backs that you have thought of here, but I think them in my head and it makes me smile.

But I was absolutely floored by an old guy when he said, "It looks like you have your hands full, and your insides too." I have to say I was speechless. I guess my insides are full but I have never quite looked at it that way before. :blink:

I am sure you could all come up with some good come backs but what are the chances I would ever be able to use them?

Sarah

looly

My best reaction was when I was out with my four and asked if they were all mine.....I replied...'Yes and the other four are home with their dad!" The poor woman's face nearly dropped off!!!!

Have fun!!!

Looly

7earthlings4angels

hi ladies, can I please join the large family forum?

I am a wonderful mum of 7 beautiful children(all birthed by me) LOL. Um im a wife/housekeeper/cook etc you know the deal. :tongue:

We do want number 8, and you should see the looks we get! We dont ask for anyone to look after our kids, we hardly go out, we love it the way we are, so whats it to them! and when we do go out, we go out as a 'family'. We don't have a van, we take 2 cars..lol

I love the comebacks, i've actually LOL at most of them.

Hope i'm ok to post in here with you busy mums. :smile:

Kim XXX

P.S. Ive used the comeback 'nah these arent all mine, we have 2 at primary and 2 at high school at the moment' you should see their faces. :o

And ive used 'yes, but what would YOU rather be doing, or ' yes we have a tv in every room, hmmm musta been the night of the blackout!'

Edited by mumof7

4-little-becs

Well i am pregnant with my 4th and just told my work, i have 2 bosses one was very happy and said what a great job i did lol the other asked if i was trying to populate the country and i said of course someone has too. everyone at work is happy for me they just like teasing me because i am only 23 and the youngest at work and have the most kids. i got more negative comments from my family. when i first told my parents i wanted a 4th 2 years ago my father told me not to make the mistake they did (they have 4) anyway i have went ahead with it anyway and we have the money and my husband has a good job to support us not like my parents were.

my5boyz

lol...great replies there :)

When i was in hospital after having our 4th son, a worker at the hospital asked me if i had a boy or girl. I told her it was our 4th son. She said "oh you didn't get the recipe right for a girl" and i told her "oh no we got the recipe right we just didn't change the ingredients" She smiled and left the room quickly. lol

Another time the family doc asked what number we were up to now...and when i said 5 he said "don't you know what causes it" and i told him "yes and i kinda like it" he blushed...and said "i deserved that didn't i..." and i agreed with him. lol.

skkelby

had to put my ten centys worth in. you guys crack me up.

do you know whats causing it

sure and i've been writing to the council for years about the water and they have done nothing...think i can sue???? lol

last preganancy actually thought about having a t shirt printed with

its my sixth child, its due in may and yes i know what causes it...think they'd sell. amybe we should just keep them guessing.. lol kim :tongue:

me_ruggie

I just got to add my 2 cents lol. Oh to start off with we only have 4 kids and we have all girls. I love the ones like "oh dont you know what causes it" or " Have you got the boy yet" I always come back with:

Yeah ita in the water so becareful you dont catch it, Nah did you want to inform in what causes it, Oh damm how did that happen, or one of my favs from DD 9 nah she hasn't nor has dad but mum can you tell the milkman we dont need anymore milk.

As for the boy one - Nah we havn't do you know how ?, Have you got your boy, Our dogs a boy does that count, I think hubs got the wrong hole again and my all time fav is nah no one in his family has ever had a boy so we thought we'd jsut carry on teh traidtion :).

I love some of the comebacks from you guys i might just have to steal a couple to use for us :D.

BreesMum

Hi guys,

I dont post often a little bit of a lurker, always to busy to get too involved :ph34r: , Just thought I would share these little beauties, My kiddies go to a big catholic school FULL of BIG catholic families with surprisingly quick witted mums so here goes:

"Why would you keep going?"

"With your intelligence why would you keep breathing?"

"Have you heard of the pill?"

"Have you heard the word, Nosey??"

"When will you stop??"

"When I want not when is socially acceptable"

(mums a doctor!)

"Havent you got a TV"

"Nothing much on sorry"

(double meanings there)

"Are you going back for a boy/girl?"

"Does it look like thats what we want?"

"Wow they all look alike"

"Thats because we bake them ourselves"

"You must have a big house!"

"Do you think we store them all??"

"You must get out much?"

smile and say "hubby and I get busy, LOTS!!!"

watch the uncomfortable looks on faces.

And if all else fails:

"Do we ask you to babysit?"

I only have 3 at the moment but trying for no.4 we are vocal that its our choice and to rack off if our family offends you. People get the drift LOL

Lindie

Mumtotrampolinists

I got all prepared to say this one to the Antenatal nurses if they said anything...but they never did.

"If it wasnt for people like us large families you would be out of a job."

Edited by Mavericks Mummy

Katim

Oh, I love these .... !

I used this one the other day:

him "so ... don't you know what causes it?!" (hahaha, thinks he's so funny)

Me: "hahhahha (very scarcastic) That just gets FUNNIER every time I hear it!" ....

I loved the uncomfortable laugh then! :laugh:

And surprisingly enough, the bloke was father of 3!

starz4lisa

Im only new to EB but im loving all the comebacks.

Im lisa from Perth sahm to 5 kids.

Princesinders

I wandered in here after looking for news of becca99 and got hooked on this thread. Some of these comebacks are just fantastic! Good on you!

And for those who are worried about giving such comebacks or apologising for thinking of such comebacks, DON"T! If someone is rude enough to say some of the truly rude things I'm hearing here that have been said to you, you are entitled to a comeback. Go for it! :D

tina-6

:) hello people

stanger...how many children do you have

me...i have 6

stranger...that many my god hope you have stopped now

me...no we are trying for one that we like

stranger...walked away so fast lol

me...pi##ed my self laughting

CountryBumpkin

Im sorry to butt in here girls (i only have 3!) but i get the same comments!! Im 22 and have a 3.5yo, 2yo and 9mo. The one i get most of all is "You finally got your little girl" as i have 2 bouys and a little girl, what should i say to that? Its really annoying me... my parents used to get all of these, they had 6 in 10 years (plus 2 in heaven) and mum used the milkman one alot!! # used to be the norm, now its a large family! When people ask why i went for a 3rd, i say "Peter costello told me to" (one for mum, one for dad and one for the country) they dont know what to say for that!

Sorry to hijack your thread :ph34r:

Sunny003

Just wanted to pop in and say that cannot believe what some people say to you! How rude! :o

If you ever catch me staring, its cos Im so insanely jealous!

I told DH last night I want #3, and I think he nearly died...I told him Id wait a little while :tongue:

Oh and FWIW, its not only large families that get rude and insensative comments :(

My mum told me 'youbetter not have another one, Im not looking after them' -like she looks after the 2 we have now!!! gggrrr

I love all your families, thanks for sharing them with us!!

Paulette