Sign in to follow this  
diva

The Tough Nuts BG #2

diva
Welcome to the Veteran's thread - the Tough Nuts BG.

An IVF Veteran shall be defined as someone who has had multiple failed IVF/infertility cycles and/or losses and no longer finds the positive thoughts of the other IVF boards helpful.

Empathy is very much appreciated, but frank and fearless feedback is requested from those contributing to this BG. Members are respectfully asked to refrain from sprinkling baby dust on this thread.

Useful resources for TN's:

Is it time to call it quits?
http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/concepti...vf-when-to-stop
http://www.drmalpani.com/book/chapter29.html
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/preconcep...blems/6083.html

Membership

Rachael1970 34 ICSI #3 Waiting with 2 frozen

diva 36 ICSI #3 Downregulating

Salval 34 ICSI #3 FET 2WW BT 21/6

Ratbag 38 ICSI #4 IUI & FET: original.gif (HcG 41 - awaiting confirmation)

67492 32 ICSI #3 Starting flare cycle 13/6

Stilltrying 36 IUI #6 Waiting

Stef 28 ICSI#4 Waiting

Capricorn70 34 ICSI#2 Waiting

LJV 42 ICSI#2 Waiting

BelindaJ 37 IVF#7 Waiting

Beep 33 IUI Waiting

White2Sugars ICSI#5/6 Waiting

Firniby

Daisysparkle 32 2 x FET IVF#2 Start stims 11/6

Rhondi 33 IVF #6 Waiting

Mergie 42 IVF #2 FET June

DinkyDi 39 IVF #4 Waiting with 8 frozen

Sushee 35 IVF#5 Downregulating

Suzimou 36 IVF#3

Alichris 35 ICSI#2

Kathryn69 36 ICSI#5

Skippy 39 FET #3 Waiting

TaniaB-W 35 ICSI#6 ET 11/6 2WW

Debs1912

BiffLloyd

Steph 39 ICSI#2 sad.gif

Jackie7 31 Transfer#7 FET #4 2WW BT 25/6

ShereeW 34 Cycle #14 (IVF#6 FET#6 2 Cancelled) EPU 21/6

TaniaD 38 IVF#8 Waiting

Terrie
Me: 36
DH: 34 (MF)
TTC#1 April '04
ICSI #1 Chem Pg
FET #1 BFN
ICSI #2 BFN

This message was edited by diva on Saturday, 18 June 2005 @ 6:43 AM

squirt70
Terrie, thanks once again for co-ordinating this BG. Would you mind please updating me - I had an FET on Sat... BT is 21 June.

Many thanks
Karen

Little~Oggy
Yep wack me in there I'm 31 ...and yep u have it
right TF no.7.....TF (FET 4) this Thursday.

Oh! Roz now I know where to park ....LOL!
I can even tell the girls at Monash in Richomnd
where the longest free hour parking is. there is 2
hrs and 4 hrs! LOL!

Oh Karen I mean't crap not carp!!!!! Who needs fish
during this......LOL!

Stef I'm alright with the fact that he will need to
catch up during the waiting process I guess the
good thing about my man is that he lets me go
ahead and make future plans....the registeration
fee is only $100. With inter-country adoption you
actually pay the fee's out over a gradual period of
time. It's not all in one go.....so it does give you time
to save for the next step.
I know he will catch up to the point where I am
now....but most likely I will then be again ahead of
him. MMM! looks like we could spend our whole
lives this way....LOL! But I accept it as part of his
personality and he of me. We work within it . What I
have learn't is to trust my intution and I know he will
right with it.
It funny because thinking about it because I think
this adoption thing for us ties in a little with normal
non A/C conception because often the female is
ready to have the child before the male anyway.
BIZZARE!

Steph you've done 2 ICSI with a chem pg.....only
fresh TF's or FET's as well??? I would say to try a
few more times *without* doing donor stuff yet. I
am assuming your refering to DS when you say
donor?

jacinta

This girl is doing
IVF with ED

6 neg transfers
(using 10 embies...some 1
some 2 embie transfers)
4 different donors.
FET no.4 here we
come....transfer no.7

squirt70
" Stage 4: Ok, first day of jabbing for new cycle. Note to self: Make appointment to discuss next step with Doctor when this cycle fails. :| "

(clearly I have all the faith in the world in IVF)

Jacinta, cracking up at your fish comment. I knew what you meant lovely. original.gif

Karen

Me 34 PCOS/ENDO
DH 33
DDog Roxy
TTC since Jan 02
2003 - 3 x 100mg Clomid, IUI
2004 - Lap, 2 x ICSI, 2 x FET, 1 x M/C
2005 - Lap, 1 x ICSI, FET - June

This message was edited by Salval on Monday, 13 June 2005 @ 11:26 AM

skippy
Hi Terrie
Just so you can update me on the list had 2nd lot of hcg & prog test levels are dropping so doctor said is not going to be an ongoing pregnancy waiting for it to happen now.
Deb
3 x IVF
3 x FET
6 x m/c

Magic
There are my details:
Name Age Cycle Status
Sheree 34 IVF#14 EPU around 23/6

Sheree

DH 38 DD 3
14th IVF attempt underway

ratbag
OMG this last part of the TWW is just so hard. I feel like vomiting because the worst thing has happened - I'm starting to feel the most dreadful emotion of all 'hope' aaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh - beat it out of me girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still getting feint 2nd line on HPT - last pregynl shot was wednesday. No spotting and I am 17 DPO.

Ratty
MF and a tardy endometrium
TTC#1 - 4xICSI, 2xFET and 1xIUI
Happening now - IUI 27/5 and Blast FET 6/6
BT 17/6

dinkydi
Oh Ratty, if only I had an answer for that one. That's what I was trying to explain to DH the other day; that even though there has been zero success naturally and only one pg with IVF I still harbour the hope that one day our miracle will occur. Every month I think this. Even now AF is due in the next couple of days and I keep hoping that this might be the one. I think I'll think that way until the horrid menopause comes along, I can't help it.

Hang on Ratty, we'll get you there. The only thing I can suggest is try and find some pre-occupation for the next few days. Yeah, right, I hear you say. I know that's next to impossible, but the worst part is sitting around because it's the only thing you think about.

Di x

Rachael1970
Ratty - you must be in absolute torture right now with those encouraging signs. I agree with Di, try and not let your hopes up (easily said) and keep yourself busy until the blood test. the 17th is a long time to wait if you are already 16dpo. It might be an idea to bring it forward for your own sanity.

Jackie - I really enjoyed reading about the start of your adoption process. Please continue to keep us informed about every stage. It is a very frustrating process but visiting the picnics with all those cute kiddies was an absolute fix for me.

Stef - Actually it is extremely common for the wife to want to adopt and the the DH to have cold feet about it all. It's usually because they doubt they can love a child that is not biologically related to them. I've seen it so many times. The tried and true tactic of winning them over though is to take them to an adoption picnic to see the children for themselves. They can see the parents in action and their children running around looking happy. When men can visualise something they seem to be more in favour of it.

As for me I'm making some holiday plans before next doctor's appt on 19th July. Will be going to Brisbane to see the out laws. I am undecided as to whether to go for a FET or another medicated cycle. We have two 6 day blasts in the freezer but I have no confidence in their quality.

We've just got some pregnyl and FSH for DH to take to get his hormone production started again and for him to produce sperm. Last time he got to a low/borderline count but with poor forms. Couple that with my one blocked tube and one dodgy tube we aren't expecting much but it seems crazy not to use the spare months we have in between cycles.

Will also start making inquiries with DoCs to see if there are any countries that will take us healthwise for adoption. I have a hearing loss and DH has a history of epilepsy, although he hasn't had a seizure since 1993 and lives a totally normal life.

Rachael

Hi Girls,

Dh took me away for the weekend - was very nice! Got a call Saturday that FSH is 10 - borderline - Dr wants to try flare cycle starting today (D4) so I start my Gonal-f (450) and syneral tonight (went straight to MIVF from airport!) If all goes well epu in about 10 days and another 2ww! Back on the rollercoaster. I am excited.

Jacinta - I went to the natropath and was underwhelmed by her knowledge of IVF - she prescibed all of these herbs and things but it just didn't feel right so I didn't buy them. I am taking zinc with my elevit now and going to try some accupuncture. Interesting that it lowered your numbers though, who did you go to? Thanks also for the adoption information, I'm interested in knowing about it. Good luck with your transfer on Thursday!

Ratty and Karen, how you gals doin'? Hope is good R - without it we have nothing. Only three more sleeps! K - glad to hear your embie thawed so beautifully! Hope the 2ww is going quickly for you both. Back to work tomorrow and it will fly.

Deb - sorry to hear about your hcg levels, hang in there.

Back to unpacking and laundry!!
XG

ratbag
Diva - can you update my status please as "seriously freaking" ta kiss kiss moo moo

Karen - in the tww...eek not much fun at this end... original.gif

J7 -ohhhhhhhhhhh a scoopy.......who's all spoilt then Tounge1.gif

Skippy - that's just terrible news sad.gif

sheree - I hope this cycle is the one mate

di - thank you beautiful for your words

Rachael - why no confidence in your frosties...

L&L - you can join us if you like???

g - good girl. here you go again!

Ratty
BT 17/6

diva

Little~Oggy
Ratty .....Must now just stop riding on scoopy
.....because should get my lience first LOL!
I'm thinking of you and trying my best to make time
move a little faster for you. *where's that bloody
magic wand*

LL I think maybe your post would be more helpful
to those doing about TF no.3......I'm just being
honest......I just think this kinda of stuff is for those
that might just be starting to feel it's more
challenging than they thought. (I'm a melb girl and
yes I knew of this ...plus Monash did a relaxation
program at end of last year). Where as I would
think alot of us TN's would be way past the stage of
feeling it might be challenging......where all to
aware it's completely ball breaking.....or should that
be ovary breaking????? What I am saying is that
something like this might be of help to them so
they don't have to fumble with it like some of us
maybe have. I'm not offend by your posting I just
wanted to give my perspective on your info. Babe
read your post in the *????????* thread gosh
you've been through alot .....sure you may not have
done alot of cycles but the stuff you've gone
through I think that makes you pretty darn tough!

Sheree darling you know you've developed a spec
place in my heart......I so want your jounery to end
with a BFP that lasts 40 wks.

Rachael thanks for the info about the pinic's
.....LOL! this will more than win MH (male half) over.
Good luck with DH's sperm this time around. Also
let me know how you get on with the health issues
of DocS. You might do okay, I am not sure but I
always thought it was more in terms of serious
illness like cancer, etc.......but I know nothing of the
health side of it. I will be very interested in what you
know and what DocS current guidelines are in
regards to health stuff.

Gx I have seen Sandra Viellia (sp?) at melbourne
holistic Health in Fairfeild. She is Ruth Trickey's
offsider and she also works at the Jenne Hallis
foundation out at Clayton. I actually had a cycle that
involved AF.....YES and I'm a POF girl. Only prob
was we never really dicussed if this happened
what I should do.....so didn't end up havin FSH BT
until day 5 .....mean't to have it on day3. It was at
9.2! Not completely accurate on day 5 but for a girl
with POF well pretty darn good anyway. Gx good
luck with this cycle honey!

Adoption registration in enenvople (Sp?) and all
filled out....Here we go!
(Sort of nice....I feel refreshed to look into this
option)

edited to say: Skippy honey I am sorry to hear your
news......okay if hug not allowed.....how about
holding you close to my heart!

Jacinta

This girl is doing
IVF with ED

6 neg transfers
(using 10 embies...some 1
some 2 embie transfers)
4 different donors.
FET no.4 here we
come....transfer no.7

This message was edited by jackie7 on Monday, 13 June 2005 @ 6:19 PM

Magic
6749- SNAP, I'm on CD4 today and doing a flare cycle with gonalF at 450 - but I'm on lucrin.......woohoo to lots of mature./good eggs in around 10 days time..

Jacinta- thanks darling for your kind words..."here's looking at you kid"....IYKWIM..

To my fellow tough nuts, let's hope we crack a few and we can bl##dy well get off this rollercoaster...

Sheree

DH 38 DD 3

squirt70
Oh gosh, I'm only 3 days into 2WW & I'm already going mad. After so many cycles, shouldn't I be used to this & be a bit more nonchalant?!...

And after all this time, I'm still obsessing about all the things I'm doing wrong. My dog was pulling on her lead so much on Sunday that I'm paranoid I've "stretched" & f*cked things up.. Plus I've had really hot showers, totally forgetting that my clinic says not to.. I'm this crazed, paranoid, obsessed, neurotic person... and all the while totally disbelieving that there's any possible way it could work anyway.

The only upside is that we're going to Sydney next w/end for DH's SCSA test - yey, I love visiting Sydney.. Oh gosh, is it ok to fly!?!?!?!

Someone shoot me.

Skippy - I'm very sorry to hear your news. I hope you're doing ok.

Jacinta, you spoiled thing!! What a great DH you have.. but hmmnn.. might be an idea to get a license first :|

Karen

Magic
Ali- yep my first cycle with concept and Graeme. But I find him to be really good. Do you see him too?

Sheree

DH 38
DD 3 (BFP IVF attempt#4)
Ectopic Pg April 2005 (IVF attempt#13)

skippy
Hi girls & thanks for you kind words trying to just think ahead & plan next fetat least it means coming to the city & being able to go shopping. One thing that feels good at the moment is being off all that progestrone DP is glad not to be yelled at for a while.
Just wanted to added that never give up hope of it happening naturally because you never know. After 15 years of trying off & on ivf included I did fall naturally back in Feb this year following a D&C for a blighted ovum. The pregnancy did not last I miscarried at 6 weeks but still it was a miricle it happened I did it by myself without doctors (with dp's help ). Just wanted to pass that on & hope that it gives you all a little bit of hope that just maybe between cycles it could happen for any of us.Take care all Deb

ratbag
hello friends - one serious nutbag here - absolutely freaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratty
BT 17/6

diva
Morning girls,

AliChris: My Dr is a big proponent of the long downreg cycle. A flare cycle has never been offered. Given that I have produced about a dozen eggs on both previous cycles (quality ok), I'll probably continue until advised otherwise.

Ratty: Were you brave enough to HPT again this morning? It's a pity you can't go on a bender during the 2ww - THAT would make it go quicker!!

Karen: It's crazy how you become obsesssive about the smallest thing, isn't it?? I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know - but you haven't scre*ed your chances by the dog pulling on the lead, hot showers (would probably avoid hot baths - but showers?), or by flying. Just think - women in the RW do the most horrific things to their bodies in early pg - and they continue just fine. To quote another EB'er (I think Rachael) "you can't shake the good apple from the tree"

Hope everyone else is travelling ok.

squirt70
Oh Terrie, thank you... yes, yes my logical mind knows all that.. but thank you for reassuring me blush.gif

Can't wait till Friday.. dinner in Darling Harbour, Saturday at Bondi and Fish Markets on Sunday. Hope the weather's good.

Ali, give me the carp & I'll give Ratty a good belting with it too. Can't have "hope" intruding into our cynical, bitter & twisted thread ;p

(Jacinta, you've started something with this "carp".. it's gonna' stick)

Karen

This message was edited by Salval on Tuesday, 14 June 2005 @ 11:47 AM

ratbag
Being repeatedly beaten by a fish....hmmmm aren't you gals just the sweetest things ever.

No HPT this morning Terrie!

Ratty
BT 17/6

Romeo Void
Hiya all,
Can I sidle up to your campfire for a mo, maybe share in a little of that delicious smelling carp ya'all are cook'n on that there fire?

Jacinta, I'm so glad to hear you've sent your forms away. How exciting!! Don't worry about DH, they ALWAYS drag their heals. They don't like change, poor buggers LOL.

Ratty, go on, you know you want too, do the pee test LOL (just kidding!!).

Me, I saw my RE on Friday and discussed the type of cycle and the level of stims. I asked him about lowering my dose form 600+ to maybe 400 to see if we get better quality eggs. I've been hearing lately that anything over 400 is pretty pointless, have any of you encountered the same info? I'm trying to avoid the 'ugly brown eggs' scenario I had last EPU.

Am also considering a flare, my RE mentioned an Antagon cycle, have any of you done one of these? Everything on the www seems to point towards Antagon as being less successful so I'm not sure why he'd suggest it to me.

Always so many questions. Oh, and what does the BG in the title mean?? More questions!!

xxx

TaniaD

Me 38, DP 39
TTC#1 almost 5 years
11 IUI's (with clomid)
5 IVF cycles, my eggs
1 IVF, DE
3 FET's

1 IVF, DS BFP MC at 9wks 4/05.

BelindaJ
Hi everyone
Just caught up with everyone's posts o/w.
Ratty go get a blood test, why do you have to wait so long?
Sheree, have you really done 14 stimulated cycles? You've hit the jack pot once, that must help but wow - you are an inspiration. You give me some hope as I start IVF#7.
I'm day 4 so looks like we'll be going through it together!
6749 I also see Ruth Trickey. At this point I'll try anything
Tania I have done flare, but on 600iu puregon which I think stuffed it. 11 eggs but only one fertilised. With the antagonist & 450iu puregon(cetrotide given as one injection about 4-5 days prior to EPU & $300+ ) we got 6 eggs and 5 fertilised (4 grade 1&2, one grade3 - none stuck). All other cycles were down reg and between 8-12 eggs and 40-75% fert. I like the short cycles. I'm not coping well at all with the IVF thing anymore so the shorter the better.
L&L, maybe I should go to the 'When to stop and life after IVF' ....." when is it on?
I'm very interested in all the adoption discussion, please keep the info coming.
Thanks for keeping us going Terrie - you can make me IVF#7.
Hope the girls on 2ww are keeping sane!!
Belinda

Romeo Void
Belinda, thanks for your reply. The 3 reports I've read about Antagon v Flare have basically said there was no *statistical* difference but all 3 were consistently slightly skewed towards Flare having better fert rates. So you're happy with the Antagonist cycle? Hmm, must do some more thinking then.

I think Sheree has done 6 or 7 stim cycles and the rest are FET's. Is that right Sheree?

Hope lady luck is on your side with this one Belinda. Come in, lucky number 7!

xxx
Tania

diva
Welcome aboard Tania. Thanks for the heads-up - I thought IVF#14 was a bit insane for ShereeW (but didn't like to ask). Rachael is actually the originator of this wonderful idea, I'm just keeping the books for the time being.

BG is buddy group. Maybe we should change our name next time around to "Cut the Carp BG" LOL!