Sign in to follow this  
The_old_me

June 2WW #3

ratbag

I've been told by my doc that blasts implant pretty much day of transfer.

hmmmm don't know mate wish I did!!! Agggggggh we can obsess together as my BT is next friday.

Ratty

MF and a tardy endometrium

TTC#1 - 4xICSI, 1xFET and 1xIUI

Happening now - IUI 27/5 and Blast FET 6/6

BT 17/6

alisona

Ratty - do join me on the obsessing bandwagon, there is plenty of room. Anyone else want to join us???

The_old_me

Ratty/Alison, our emby is a day 5 blast too (actually... a compacting embryo they said - is that a blast or not??). Anyway, our embryologist said today that by the looks of it, it could implant today (day of transfer) but more likely it'd be sometime tomorrow. Something about whether it was already breaking out of its "shell", as apparently ours hadn't yet so was expected to by tomorrow.

HTH - but I think it depends how much division has gone on by day 5. Just a thought. :) (I just read that back and it sounds like a whole lot of babble)

blanky

"Compacting morula" is the stage immediately before blastocyst. It's when the cells just start to differentiate into the different lots that will make baby v placenta. The blastocyst grows for about 24h before hatching, then looks for somewhere to implant.

The embryologist at our clinic once showed DH and I a photo of a hatching blastocyst which was just amazing - looked like it was forming twins but it wasn't. He said they transferred it like that and it resulted in a BFP.

Steph IVF/ICSI#2 (TTC#2) 8dp5dt

LadyBump66

Hi everyone,

lots of good news in the last few posts I am happy to hear.

I had my first US today (day 7 puregon) and only 4 follies

developing to report... one side had a 8, 9, and 12 mm and

the other just a 13. Endometrium is 5mm. My E2 levels are up

I think around 400 and something which is improvement on

2 days before of only 173. Anyway, no OHSS for me!

Looks like my ovaries are very lazy. I know i gave a couple of

you girls encouragement for your lucky batches of 6 but I

guess I will be lucky to even get 4. There are still a couple of

"recruits" but the nurse said these are unlikely to get to

mature stage by the time the others are ready so four would

be the max i coudl hope for.

PLLEEEEEEASE let me get 4 great quality eggs. And I just

hope at least a couple make fertilisation and then blast.

Would be so disappointing not to get at least one blast on my

first cycle. Anyone who has been in similar situation have

any words of encouragement? Nurse said that just cos I only

get a few this cycle doesnt mean I wont get lots more in

another - maybe the dose of puregon was just too low for

me...?

Anyway, prob only 4-5 days to EPU.

Sorry no personals today but thinking of you all and very

happy for all the good news . likewise hope those with

unhappy news of recent days are all coping ok. Hopefully

time for personals tomorrow

tracy xx

Lifesgood

Hi all, I can't believe this, I have to go back for ANOTHER B/T tomorrow, that will be CD16 by my Drs count, CD18 by mine! This will be my longest ever cycle, I guess things are still a bit crazy after my m/c. Anyway, the clinic said things are moving in the right direction (assume that means signs are there that I am going to O) and not to worry. Hopefully tomorrow's B/T will be the O one and then my FET can go ahead 5 days later. Actually I finally noticed some EWCM (sorry for TMI) today so I think the clinic are telling me the truth.

That's it for me ATM, got to go and help DH with dinner so no personals this time, but I am lurking and trying to keep up with where you are all at.

Cheers

LifesGood

3bubs

Hi girls, I have been reading your posts everyday but have not written anything because I am pretty sure I won't make the 2WW. Still on OCP (46 days now) and don't know when I'll start Lucrin. SH*#T!!

Kirril: Can you please remove me from this thread when you have a sec. Thanks.

3bubs

The_old_me

3bubs - Will do that now for you. Darn clinic, I hope you're onto them as much as your energy levels will allow. It just doesn't seem right that they would keep you waiting with no explanation?? Good luck finding out.

LifesGood - well that sounds promising for you. Good luck with your upcoming FET.

Steph - thanks for that very clear description! I guess ours was a blastocyst (and that's what they keep calling it) but when they biopsied and removed two cells they made the poor thing have to catch up! No wonder my confusion.

Tracy - I hope they are four of your best. And yes, you might get a much higher follie count on the next cycle (but you might not even need one!). Good luck for EPU.

*mish*

Hi everyone..Well our EPU went ok yesterday..Jane was a trooper as usual(this is the third time she has donated to us) and we got 5 eggs! So its exciting but all I am feeling at the moment is scared..Scared that its not going to work. It feels like lotto you can dream about it but unlikely to happen..I hate feeling so cynical..Not negative..because I feel good about everything that we have done but still can't let myself get to hopeful..Does any of that make any sense?

Sorry Ive found it hard to keep up with personals that can be my 2ww job! but Kirril just wanted to say yay for normal embie!!!!

Shel

PS transfer tomorrow

Sue68

Hey there,

Ratbag - Hey there stranger, how are you! I read that you have a little embie on Board, good luck, will be keeping everything crossed for you (except my legs.....lol)

Mum to Lara - Hi, Sharron has been keeping me up to date with your progress, I hope EPU went OK. I had OHSS with my last(& first)cycle. As everyone has said, lots of water, rest, but keep moving a little bit as it puts you at a high risk of clots.

M & C - thanks for the welcolme. I will also keep it all crossed for you.

Alison - I can not imagine being in the 2WW, it must be so hard but god I hope I get that far this time.

Tracey - Look at Kirril, it only takes 1! grow follies, grow!

Shel - are you using a Donor egg? Did you advertise or is it someone you already know? Just wondering as I am exploring this option.

Well, better go, my office was broken into in the early hours of this morning and I now have the fingerprinters here.

Cheers

Sue

Me - 36, DH- 31

DS-19 DS-12 DD-8

M/C - x 5 11/03, 5/04, 7/04, 10/04, 5/05

IVF PGD #1 02/05 6 abnorm emb.

IVF PGD #2 06/05

*mish*

Yep Sue we are using DE..Have been lucky enough that my best friend Jane volunteered to donate for us..We are in Vic so she flys over from Perth for each stim cycle..Shes a gem

Shel

squirt70

I don't think I can keep up with this thread anymore.. :gasp:

Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your office. Very annoying, I hope nothing important or expensive was taken. Good luck with the jabbing on Sat.

Shel, great news about your EPU. Your friend sounds wonderful. That's friendship huh! All the best for ET tomorrow. Yes, it is definitely like lotto! - only sometimes I feel like the odds are even less :(

3bubs, this is crap news. I'm sorry. I hope there's some resolution for you soon.

Lifesgood, hmmnn I know about the bloody BT's. My last natural FET was like that.. BT's every day for what seemed like forever. I took ages to O. I hope today's BT is it.

Tracy, hope those follicles continue to grow!!

Ratty & Alison - hang in there lovelies!!! Nice long w/end for you to "reelllaaxxx" :)

m&c & Helen, good to hear embies on board - you can now join Ratty & Alison in their obsessing!

Holy toledo Flick, 31 embryos! That's incredible! I hope they continue to grow well - and I hope all goes well with tomorrow's blood work.. ooh bring on ET.

Kirril!!! Such great news love. This little embryo sounds strong & healthy. Lovely that the nurse was emotional :) Am laughing at imagining your little embryo with a flashlight & map :p

Mel & Steph, how are you both holding up? Hope those HPT's bring some good news - Steph your testing today aren't you???

Roz, thanks for that info about back-to-backs. Lots of conflicting advice out there. I hope things go well at your appt today. Yes, I can relate to the "perfect cycles, follies, lining".. I get it too - if it's so damn great, why aren't we pregnant!

Tintin - hope you're enjoying your sleep-ins now :) Good luck with the jabbing on Fri.

Sarah, hang in there. I know the drugs are horrible. Good luck with your u/s tomorrow.

No news from me. Bit anxious about Sat transfer - more so about embryo not thawing.. Have made appt with new dr (Luk Rombauts) for 1/7. Time to move on I reckon!

Hang in there everyone,

Karen

This message was edited by Salval on Thursday, 9 June 2005 @ 10:57 AM

brighton

morning!

sorry couldn't post yesterday as decided to stay at home on the sofa! My headache is still a killer one so I'll probably snuck off again later.

tracy - keep those follies growing girl,I'll let you know tomorrow what my scan reveals. I'm really nervous that there's either too many or not any! Our EPU will be more or less the same day. I suppose its just one good one that we need anyway.

steph - good luck today...

flick - thats amazing!

kirril - all I can say is FANTASTIC!I started to well up at your line about you all blubbing! That will be me (if I get that far)

3bubs - I'm really feeling your frustration, sorry to hear its just dragging on and on. Hope it gets sorted real soon. - xx

sue - good luck with the coming PGD and get stabbing!

ratty/alison/m&c/helen - cheering for you and your 2ww.

sorry if I've missed anyone its not intentional! I read all the threads and posts avidly and there is so much going on.

not much to report from me, scan tomorrow - yipee, just want to see what's happening in there. I think I'm being a real moody snappy cow which doesn't help in my job where I should be being nice to people but I have no patience!!!

I'll post tomorrow after the scan and check in later for any news...

see ya

sarah xxx

magicmummy

WOW! I just printed this thread off to catch up...61 pages! ;) I think I'm up with everyone's news now finally though.

First of all, Roz, Smiles and Ali - I'm so sorry to read about your BFNs. I was shattered for you TBH. I wanted nothing but wonderful news for all of us in the June thread. I hope you have taken time to be as self-indulgent as possible. I am thinking of you.

Shel - congrats on the EPU. I hope ET goes well. How's your donor feeling now?

Sue - a break in...last thing you probably need right now.

Kirril - how are you going? Time passing slowly enough for you? I'm keeping everything crossed. :)

Salval - good luck for the thaw/transfer. (And you're not the only one having trouble keeping up.) ;)

Sarah - good luck for tomorrow's scan. looking forward to hearing your results!

Lifesgood - I hope today's BT gives you some higher levels so you don't have to wait anymore.

Tracy66 - don't be discouraged by the lower numbers (easy for me to say I know). I had two u/s leading up to EPU and the visible follie numbers changed by +10 between those two scans...so there may just be some smaller ones that didn't show up easily that might get a growth spurt in the last few days. In any case, I hope the 4 you have are super quality.

Alison and Ratty - obsess away. I know I would be! I so hope next Thursday and Friday brings GREAT news for you both.

M&C - congrats on the ET...and the successful thaw. Fingers crossed for the 19th!!!

Mum2Lara - I'm thinking of you and am so happy the clinic haven't ruled out the fresh transfer. Rest up.

SueJ - welcome - good luck this cycle!

Helen - congrats on your long-awaited 2WW. I hope it ends perfectly!!!

Steph - so did you HPT????

And Mel - what's happening with you??? Anymore HPT +s?

My news is I'm still waiting for the all important BT results tmw to see if I can go ahead with a fresh transfer (time is going very slowly). I am not feeling sick, just sore and bloated still, so hopefully OHSS is becoming less of a risk with each passing day! Can't wait to get another report from the lab on how my embies are doing...that will come tomorrow too.

To anyone I've missed, apologies, I did try and do a big catch up!

Fxx

Flick (32), DH (33)

TTC#1 since April 2004

Lap/Hyst/D&C March 2005

Male factor, PCOS

Clomid tracking cycle(50mg)- March/April 2005

IVF (ICSI) cycle #1 - EPU 7 June 05

This message was edited by Flick72 on 9 June 2005 @ 12:20 PM

Hi Girls,

My internet has been down since Tuesday and I have been at a conference away from work all week! Ahhh! Glad to see so many happy things going on in this forum!

2ww going v. slow! I made it through my b-day yesterday with a few tears but I am okay now! Not holding up much hope for bt Monday as I caved and did a hpt this morning - BFN. Planning next cycle in my head now.....

Will try to do personals from home if my internet is back up......

all the best to you girls...G

blanky

I HPTed this morning (14dpo) and got a BFN. Not holding out much hope for my beta on Saturday, but AF hasn't turned up either :|.

Steph 9dp5dt

Guest ckrmum

Steph, I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for you. While there's no AF there's still hope. Good luck.

Cheers,

Helen.

1dp5dt - beta 18/6.

ratbag

come on girls hang in there we need out first BFP for the month!

Ratty

TTC#1 - 4xICSI, 2xFET and 1xIUI

BT 17/6

mum2brodie

Hi ladies,

Just want to wish everyone the best of luck. Unfortuntly after being told I had 5 grade 1 embies to come in and transfer at 5pm today.

I received a call on my way there that the PGD had found that all of the embies are seriously abnormal. Glad in one way that I dont have to go through another M/C.

DS was a fluke - Have to weigh up now if we keep trying. I will still keep an eye out for everyone and hope to see lots of good news.

Felicity.

Me 35 3/4

3yrs of IVF with ICSI

3M/C

Brodie 2/1/04 from 3rd transfer(2nd FET)

stimming again for PGD EPU 6/6

ratbag

so sorry felicity - but as you say it's best to know. Not that that takes the pain away.

Thinking of you,

Ratty

TTC#1 - 4xICSI, 2xFET and 1xIUI

BT 17/6

The_old_me

Felicity I still don't know what to say. I've emailed you. It's just not supposed to be THIS hard. Crying for you. Please take care, love to you and DH.

Flick, so glad to hear from you. You're sounding in better spirits too. Crossing all for good news for you tomorrow.

6749...2?..! Happy birthday for yesterday!! I'm sorry you were sad, I have to say though that yes these days my b/days aren't all that celebratory for me either. And, hey, Monday is still 4 days away - in the world of HCG isn't that a fair while? All is not lost just yet. Hang in there.

Steph, damn those HPT's. How can one little stick hold so much power... Two days to go, everything still crossed for you too.

Brighton, aww thanks mate! Ugh, killer headaches = the pits. Good luck for your scan, oooh you must be thrilled to be moving along - it seems to be going quickly (to me anyway!). Why does everyone else's stuff go so fast and yet yours feels like it's being carried on the back of a freaking turtle?!??? LOL

brighton

Just saw your news Felicity, I'm so sorry. I suppose you're right about not going through another m/c and thats why we are too doing PGD. Take care honey xx

milk&coffee

Felicity - so sorry to read your news.

6749 and Steph - Hang in there. I have everything crossed for you.

Me 31

DH 29

PCOS

TTC#1 Dec 03

5 x Clomid

1 x IVF - BFN

FET - 2 "Snow Bubs" on board

Beta - 19/6

alisona

Hi Everyone

No news from my corner of the world. I am dying to HPT but it is way too early.

Tracy - all the best for EPU. Hopefully your 4 eggs will make 4 beautiful embryos.

Lifesgood - good luck with the FET. Hopefully you'll O soon so you don't have to wait any longer.

3bubs - I hope you can get some info about why they're making you wait so long. How frustrating. Good luck for when you do start.

Shel - great news about EPU. I hope you get some lovely embies to transfer.

Sue - bummer about the office break-in. Just what you need right now.

Karen - I hope your embies thaw perfectly and that the transfer goes well.

Sarah - sorry to hear about the headaches. Good luck at the scan tomorrow. I know what you mean about wanting to know what is going on in there. There should be a little window on our tummies so we can have a peak.

Felicity - glad the OHSS hasn't developed too much. I really hope you get to transfer.

G - I agree that Monday is still a long way away....its not over yet. How many dpo are you?

Steph - dammit. I really thought you'd get a BFP. I hope that evil pee stick was a dud and that you get good news at your beta.

Felicity - I am so sorry to hear your news. I agree it is better to know and not have to go through another miscarriage, but it is still heartbreaking. Take care of yourself.

Kirril & Ratty - how are you surviving the wait???

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Alison

LadyBump66