Sign in to follow this  
Sheeva33

Could I be pregnant?

Sheeva33

Hi ladies, I had unprotected s e x on 7th and 8th of Nov and I had a positive opk on 14th and 15th of Nov. I now feel a bit of cramping and back ache. I was wondering if there is a chance to be pregnant? And when i can do a pregnancy test? Thank you

Etta

Hi Sheeva - I don't know what a positive OPK means but I think it means you have ovulated? So you had sex, ovulated and now you have cramping? Wouldn't this just be your period?

Astrocyte

If you had sex 6-7 days before you ovulated then the likelihood you're pregnant would be low. The sperm would have had to survive for 6-7 days before the egg was released in order to fertilise it. You need to ovulate for an egg to be there for the sperm to fertilise and in your case there was no egg then because you had not yet ovulated. 

Edited by Astrocyte
  • Like 2

Lou-bags

If you ovulated around the 14th it’s probably a little early to test (you are likely around 8 days post ovulation and so might test negative even if you are pregnant). I’d wait another few days and test. Say Saturday? If you can stand the wait?

You could try testing earlier. I did get a positive pregnancy test about 9 or 10 days post ovulation with my second pregnancy. But like I said, if you got a negative test it could be a false negative due to testing too early.

Its unlikely but not impossible to conceive when having sex 6 or so days prior to ovulation. (My 7yo was conceived like that...).

Best wishes for the result you are hoping for, whatever that is.  

Holidayromp

Unlikely. 

What are your cycle lengths?