PurpleTiger

And we say goodbye to another woman killed in violence (trigger warning)

PurpleTiger

I guess with EB forums closing, it is time to to recognise one more death of a woman by the hands of someone she knows who also happens to be male.

Celeste was stabbed by a former (male) work colleague.

Goodbye Celeste Manno and thinking of her friends and family, and loved ones.

(link)

Crimes against women need to be taken more seriously, especially stalking. My ex stalked me (included putting spyware on the home PC and physical stalking) as well as two other women.

He has been charged with assault and will probably get off with a diversion order - essentially a good behaviour bond where the perpetrator may need to attend a course or "apologise" with no criminal conviction - this after a history of many years of domestic violence (evidence provided).  And more people were impacted by his violence. 

More information on the number of women killed by people they know can be found here.

Edited by PurpleTiger
  • Like 2

nori_roll

Some men really ****ing hate us don’t they? 

This is so heartbreaking, that poor girl and her poor family. 

Sorry you have had to go through that OP, there’s a change petition you’ve probably seen here to criminalise coercive control - still hasn’t reached its 10k goal so maybe we can prompt a few more sigs:

https://www.change.org/p/criminalise-coercive-control-in-australia?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_24190938_en-GB%3A0&recruited_by_id=4a6e3310-ea0a-11ea-a4d4-87999481d43d&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=share_petition

• Like 3

PurpleTiger

Thank you @nori_roll, i have passed this on.

• Like 1

Charli73

This really hit home and I don’t know why, she was just nice to him one day at work and he became obsessed with her... 

Her poor family, friends, just awful. 

• Like 2

TigerQueenofSheeba

It seems like such a hill to climb to get this issue taken seriously.

I know so many have lost their lives, but honestly, if people like Hannah and her kids getting burned alive can't fix this... then what will?

• Like 1

Gruffalo's Child

How horrifying and heartbreaking.  Thank you Nori Roll, I've also shared the link - let's hope it reaches 10,000 very soon.

Reading that article, the sentence that he was being treated in hospital for a hand that was injured during the attack  felt like a punch - I don't envy doctors having to do this, it must be very, very difficult at times to retain a professional manner with some patients.

• Like 3