Sign in to follow this  
Hypnic Jerk

Unending period

Hypnic Jerk

Normally I'm on the pill, I skip the sugar tablets so as not to get a period but I have to allow one in every 6 months or so.

This time round it had been ages since I'd had a period so I stopped, then stayed off the pill for a month for 1 cycle.  It returned perfectly on time but it hasn't stopped.  It's been like 3 weeks.  Very minor flow, like day 4 or 5.

I started back up on the pill the first day it started so the whole period has been pretty minor but it's giving me the irrits.

My GP is always booked up 3 weeks in advance and I'm not keen to seen another for this issue.

Jenflea

It COULD be unrelated to your period. I've had polyps that have bled, but that was actually quite dark and heavy off and on with some spotting, not a constant light period. 

Ring the GP and ask if you can go on a cancellation list maybe, or see someone else. Only way to find out what it is is to see someone. 

I feel your pain though, my fab GP left and now the woman I see is..OK..but not nearly as good. It's hard breaking in a new GP! Even if they're not used often. 

• Like 1

No Drama Please

I’m not sure how old you are but that happened to a friend of mine and it was menopause. Her GP gave her an injection that finished it immediately but said it’s something you do need to get looked at (not trying to scare you, but maybe go to a GP earlier if you can)

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef
34 minutes ago, No Drama Please said:

I’m not sure how old you are but that happened to a friend of mine and it was menopause. Her GP gave her an injection that finished it immediately but said it’s something you do need to get looked at (not trying to scare you, but maybe go to a GP earlier if you can)

Unlikely to be old enough for menopause as the pill is a stroke risk once you reach your mid 40s 😭 (got  but I agree its good to go to docs asap.   

• Like 1

Jenflea

Early menopause happens too. 

Hypnic Jerk

I'm early 40s.  Stroke risk has been discussed with me by my GP as related to flying and other risk factors which I don't have.  I thought it finally finished yesterday but nup.  Bright red too.

I can't see anyone today as I've just had a COVID test - woke up with a head cold this morning and I work in a public role.  Fortunately I have an appt for DD this week with our GP which I'm going to confiscate from her.  Should have the results back by then but if not I could make it Telehealth.

Thanks for the comments.

• Like 1

Jenflea

@Hypnic Jerk a friend had a period last 9 or 10 days before she got it checked out, her GP said sometimes it just happens.