Wolf87

*Sensitive* spotting at 5 weeks EDIT - AntiD?

Wolf87

Hi Everyone

I had a blood test at 12dp5dt last Tuesday. Blood test result was great, over 600Hcg and progesterone over100. Have done pregnancy tests since, and the lines have progressed well, and the last test I did was on Monday and the Clearblue had kicked into 3+weeks. 

However yesterday I had some brown spotting - didn’t stress too much as I know that isn’t that unusual. This morning though I was going for a pee, and there was fresh blood in the bowl. There hasn’t been much since, little bits of spotting, but my gut tells me things aren’t going to end well. I feel like the only reason I’m not getting more is because I’m still on progesterone. 

I have a blood test tomorrow to check levels - and I know I’m not out yet - but if this does go downhill, what should I expect? Would it be just like a heavy period at this stage? Just after some personal experiences. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Wolf87

Jenflea

Don't panic yet! It might be implantation bleeding or something, or it could be any number of other things. 

I had bleeding right through my second pregnancy(DD) and it wasn't ever explained. She's a healthy 10 yr old now, so it MAY not be worst case!

My MC(the pregnancy before her) was pretty painless actually, just some bleeding for a few days, less than I expected actually, but every woman is different. 

Finger's crossed you get good news tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Jenflea

Oh, my MC was right on 5 weeks as well, and I was on progesterone too. 

Wolf87

Thanks Jenflea, I really hope my gut feeling is proved wrong. How did you come to realise you were having a MC with the previous pregnancy? Thanks for sharing, I know it’s not an easy thing to talk about x 

Pink opal

Hi. I had a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks (picked up at 8 weeks, progesterone masked it). I was told to expect a heavy period, but I was unprepared for the amount of tissue that I passed and the size of it.  It was quite traumatic (the whole miscarriage but especially the passing of the tissue), I think largely because I wasn’t prepared for it. Fingers and toes crossed for you. 

Edited by Pink opal

maryanneK

I'm sorry you are going through this. I had several miscarriages at 5-6 weeks and to be honest if I hadn't already known that i was pregnant, I don't think I would have noticed anything much more than a normal period. Not especially painful or heavy at that stage. I only knew they were miscarriages because of repeated blood tests and watching my HCG drop. I'm really sorry for what you are going through but in my experience it wasn't physically painful.

• Like 1

Wolf87

Sorry to hear that Pink Opal, that sounds pretty awful. 

Thanks for your words Maryanne, and so sorry you had to go through this multiple times. 

Sounds like the intensity can vary - thanks for your advice everyone. 

• Like 1

nasty buddha

I'm sorry.  I have never miscarried, but I empathise with the fear when seeing blood when pregnant.  

Just sharing that it may not be a miscarriage. 

I had a subchronic  haematoma with both my pregnancies. The first one, I knew I was pregnant and had  a ridiculous amount of bleeding at 6 weeks. They called it a threatened miscarriage due to the size and location of the hemorrhage to the embryo.

The second, I didn't know I was pregnant, just thought my period was strange. I found out I was pregnant when throwing up at 9 or 10 weeks and was suprised to find out how far along I was as I thought I had a period but apparently that was a smaller bleed from a smaller subchoronic haematoma.

Beanette

I have had two MC at around that time. One was just like a heavy period, the other was like basically going into "labour" to pass the tissue and was extremely traumatic and painful.

I have had five pregnancies total (3 MC and two children) and have had some degree of spotting in them all. I have my fingers crossed for you @Wolf87 that what you're experiencing is nothing serious, and that your blood test goes well xx 

Jenflea

My pregnancies were through IVF so when I started bleeding I went into the clinic and had a scan and blood test. 

Then once my HCG dropped I tried again which resulted in DD. 

No idea why I had bleeding during her pregnancy, maybe it's a uterus issue *shrugs*. I've also had polyps that bled so I'm paranoid about checking for blood, still, every time I go to the loo. 

• Like 1

lozoodle

I'm sorry to hear you're stressing! I had a loss at the 5 week mark, it honestly was just like a period, maybe a bit more crampy than normal. I didn't have to "do" anything, but my doctor did request a repeat bloods a week or two later just to check the levels were coming down as they should be. 

I hope this is just a bit of normal spotting for you. I have had 3 kids and with my third I spotted on and off for a lot of the pregnancy! 

• Like 1

22Fruitmincepies

I had two losses at about 5 weeks, the first was horrendous, labour-like levels of pain, huge amounts of blood, just awful. Second one was similar but not quite as intense (easier because I knew what was happening, harder because it was happening again). Fingers crossed it’s not a MC for you. 

Wolf87

God some of these sound horrendous. Sorry you all had to go through them :(

TMI WARNING

There wasn’t any blood this morning *touch wood*, just a couple of tiny specs of brown in my normal white discharge. I hope I’m one of the lucky ones 😖

• Like 6

Daffy2016

I also had a loss around 5 weeks. I had thigh cramps for a few hours, spotting, then the urge to do a poo (sorry TMI!). That’s when the bleeding started properly and there was a small clot. It wasn’t pleasant but not much more than a period, with no pain after that bit.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Wolf87

Ok so bloods were good. And no more spotting. Cautiously hopeful? God the wait to scan is going to be horrible (all being well and if I get there). 

Before I got off the phone when the nurse rang with my results, I asked if the fact that I was Rhesus neg was an issue, she said not this early. However she checked with the doc and rang me back and said although it’s highly unlikely this early and a tiny bleed, I should get some anti d - and to contact my Gp. Couldnt get into my regular GP so went to a bulk billing one near my work - they said they couldn’t do it and that it had to be a midwife? 
I’ll call my clinic in the morning, but wondering if this was an issue for any of you guys? 

WaitForMe
10 minutes ago, Wolf87 said:

Ok so bloods were good. And no more spotting. Cautiously hopeful? God the wait to scan is going to be horrible (all being well and if I get there). 

Before I got off the phone when the nurse rang with my results, I asked if the fact that I was Rhesus neg was an issue, she said not this early. However she checked with the doc and rang me back and said although it’s highly unlikely this early and a tiny bleed, I should get some anti d - and to contact my Gp. Couldnt get into my regular GP so went to a bulk billing one near my work - they said they couldn’t do it and that it had to be a midwife? 
I’ll call my clinic in the morning, but wondering if this was an issue for any of you guys? 

I haven't had spotting early on but I have had miscarriages - I got the anti-d at the hospital in the ER. This included one time they forgot and rang me up later telling me to come back in, no mention of seeing my midwife in the clinic at the same hospital.

• Like 1

Wolf87

Yep thanks - rang clinic today and they said now guidelines say you don’t need it unless you’re 10 weeks or have a D&C. 

Scan booked for 24th - I will update. 

Thanks everyone 🥰

• Like 2

Wolf87

Oh and yay for halfway there Andi! Hope to see your updates on the new forum ♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nasty buddha

For me (early bleeding only)I had blood tests done, there were no antibodies detected, so no anti-d at 6 weeks. I had them after the birth.  Both my babies were rhesus positive and I'm negative. 

• Like 1

Wolf87
On 13/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, *Andi* said:

Thanks @Wolf87! I'm over there, will look out for yours too! I'm now 20+5, and we found out this week it's a boy and a girl ❤️

How exciting! So happy to hear. 

On 13/11/2020 at 10:49 PM, nasty buddha said:

For me (early bleeding only)I had blood tests done, there were no antibodies detected, so no anti-d at 6 weeks. I had them after the birth.  Both my babies were rhesus positive and I'm negative. 

My first daughter was the same blood type as me so I haven’t had the Anti D before. Fingers crossed if I need it I won’t need it for a good while 🤞

• Thanks 1