Sugarplum Poobah

New Frozen Kindle (probably permanently fried) -- contact Amazon or JB HiFi

Sugarplum Poobah

I have a new kindle -- less than two weeks old. I transferred some files from my pc into the kindle documents file this afternoon and then ejected the kindle. Computer told me it was safe to remove so I did. Kindle thought otherwise and gave me an error message. After 20 mins or so I tried to restart it (40 secs on the power button). It's now sitting on the boy under the tree screen with no progress bar visible. I've put in on charge in case the whole process somehow drained the battery. But I think it's royally fried. Do I take it back to JB hifi or contact Amazon? Any experience with either path? (I've taken faulty things back to JB previously and they were fantastic so I think this is probably my best bet as I can hopefully get an on-the-spot replacement and not have to deal with current mail delays).

But I'd be interested to know what others experiences have been.

seayork2002

I have heard there is a reset button maybe pinhole size at the bottom near the button?

Sugarplum Poobah
2 hours ago, seayork2002 said:

I have heard there is a reset button maybe pinhole size at the bottom near the button?

Only on much older Kindles unfortunately. I think this one's stuffed -- quite possibly an out of the box issue as it's been slow from the get go.

4*shining*stars

Take it back to JB Hifi as that is who you entered the sale contract with.

• Like 1

Sugarplum Poobah

And as an update -- apparently it just needed a few hours to think about what it had done. Came back with an error message and apparently none of the files I'd transferred available. I then did a factory reset and it (so far) seems fine. I think I may have over-estimated its grunt power... Lesson learnt!

• Like 3

BECZ

As a future note, I’m sure I’ve read that JB will replace the item with a new one within a certain period (at least 1 month) and then help you deal with it through warranty in other ways.