la di dah

1 month left for baby names

la di dah

Wanna talk names just to talk? What do you think of my list, post your own, I don't care.

I only have a month left to post name threads on EB!

No, not pregnant. Didn't stop me for years, won't stop my nostalgia train.

(But I'm hoping to use a name next year so who knows you may help)

If I follow my self-imposed sibset rules, my boys list at the moment is:

Isaiah 

Nathaniel/Jonathan 

Gabriel 

Elliott 

Zachary/Zacharias/Zachariah

That's if I do all the "rules" for what goes with - 3 or more syllables, reasonably mainstream like my son's name, doesn't start with S or end with N.

I wanted either Biblical or pretty closely derived (Elliott and Zachary are from Elijah and Zechariah) because my son's isn't and I wanted a name a bit more Jewish than my son's but not so much that they don't go together at all.

If I ignore my own made-up rules I also have:

Isaac

Ezra

Cyrus

Llewelyn

Elazar

Theodore 

Leonardo 

For girls' long names I am all over the shop.

Lillian

Katharine, Katerina

Vivian / Vivienne

Liora 

Ketzia

Miranda

Theodora/Dorothea

Octavia

Marigold

Rosamund / Rosemary / Rosella / Rosalina (but not Rosalie!)

And for shorter ones 

Luna 

Esther

Ivy

Lilac

Celeste

Briar

Kestrel

Twila

Judith 

Noa

Libi (like lee-bee)

Talia/Talya

Fay

Clare

Blythe

I have some random questions/thoughts I'll likely post in this thread but this is already too long

Love yuhz

• Like 2

Serapod

You have a nice list, especially for male names. My son's first and middle names are in your non rule following list. 

As for girl names I like 

Constance, Esther/Hester, Abigail, Imogen, Amelia 

Boys I like 

Nathaniel, Johnathan (no nicknames for either name), Daniel, Lawrence, 

• Like 1

Amica

Love Elliot and Isaac from your boy list but I pretty much like them all. 

Not fond of really any from your girl list apart from Clare which I really like. 

• Like 1

Gudrun

Thank you LDD for starting this thread.  There was a name thread on Twitter today which severely disrupted my plans!

My short list for you is:

Isaiah

Nathaniel

Gabriel

Ezra

Cyrus

Llewellyn (this spelling?)

Theodore

Liora

Octavia

Marigold

Luna

Esther

Lilac

Briar

Noa

For the sibset maybe Gabriel and Esther

• Like 2

Kalanchoe

Theodore & Elliott are both on my very short list for DS3 due in December... I’m currently trying to decide which goes best with Samson & Benjamin :)

From your girls names I really like Marigold (I know 2 lovely little Goldies), Blythe, Celeste & Esther.

• Like 2

kerilyntaryn
13 minutes ago, la di dah said:

hey first of all come join us and everybump.com.au

Isaiah, Nathaniel/Jonathan, Gabriel, Elliott, Zachary/Zacharias/Zachariah, I like Nathaniel, Jonathan, Gabriel, Elliott and Zachary from this list

others Alexander, Nicolas,  Dominic,  Anthony, Christopher, Ezekiel, Joshua, Josiah,  Oliver, Timothy, Malachi,  Xavier, Raphael,  Benjamin,  (although it ends with N but so does Jonathan and you listed that and both go well with Sebastian),  Elijah,  Tobias,  Phineas,  Anthony,  Alastair,  Philemon, Thaddeus,  Tobiah

Theodore from you list goes well too (I like Ezra and Isaac too)

I like Lillian, Katharine, Katerina, Vivian / Vivienne,  Kezia,  Miranda, Esther, Celeste,  Claire, Talia

• Like 1

la di dah

I'm a member over there as of like a day ago, but there's no name threads over there yet lmao

• Like 3

*bucket*

Boys:

Theodore 

Jonathan (although it breaks the ending in 'n' rule)

Isaac

Isaiah

Zachariah

Elliott

Gabriel 

Girls:

Miranda

Clare

Blythe

Antonia ?

Marigold

Katharine

Octavia

Theodora

Talia

Vivienne

• Like 2

kerilyntaryn
13 minutes ago, Kalanchoe said:

Theodore & Elliott are both on my very short list for DS3 due in December... I’m currently trying to decide which goes best with Samson & Benjamin :)

I think with a Samson and Benjamin,  you should have another Biblical n ending - Jonathan,  Aaron,  Gideon, Reuben, Cain, Philemon, Zion, Dathan, Jabin, Jamin, Javon, Timon,  Ethan, Jason, Jordan,  John

• Like 1

kerilyntaryn
8 minutes ago, la di dah said:

I'm a member over there as of like a day ago, but there's no name threads over there yet lmao

You can always start one

la di dah
7 minutes ago, kerilyntaryn said:

Isaiah, Nathaniel/Jonathan, Gabriel, Elliott, Zachary/Zacharias/Zachariah, I like Nathaniel, Jonathan, Gabriel, Elliott and Zachary from this list

others Alexander, Nicolas, Dominic, Anthony, Christopher, Ezekiel, Joshua, Josiah, Oliver, Timothy, Malachi, Xavier, Raphael, Benjamin, (although it ends with N but so does Jonathan and you listed that and both go well with Sebastian), Elijah, Tobias, Phineas, Anthony, Alastair, Philemon, Thaddeus, Tobiah

Christopher would kill my mother.

I like Alexander, Benjamin, Xavier, and Tobias, Oliver, and Malachi but they are all taken by family or my friends have used them on their kids.

Thaddeus is appealing but I worry how many people around here would call him Fattiest. th- gets f here a lot.

I do like Dominic.

Phineas is cute.

One of the others is on my sister's  list and one is the male form so if I take them she'll kill me haha 😅

Jonathan is a breaker I just always think of it as the same as Nathaniel because of the meaning being the same and I can't decide which I like better. 

DirtyStreetPie

Joseph. I know a really cute one!

I like most of the names on your list. I did, however, think Libi was an alternate spelling for Libby, so people may mispronounce it as I have.

Blythe sounds posh. If I met a Blythe, I'd think her parents were wealthy. Don't know why hehe.

• Like 1

kerilyntaryn

Nathaniel a nn Jonathan are both great, I think I slightly prefer Nathaniel 

la di dah
46 minutes ago, DirtyStreetPie said:

Joseph. I know a really cute one!

I like most of the names on your list. I did, however, think Libi was an alternate spelling for Libby, so people may mispronounce it as I have.

Blythe sounds posh. If I met a Blythe, I'd think her parents were wealthy. Don't know why hehe.

Joseph is a classic but taken in the family and Jews of my background don't like to repeat the names of living relatives so the closest I could come is Joel. (Which I like but the other half doesn't)

Libi isn't easy for Australians. I just find it a cheerful sound and it means "my heart."  I like Libby but it's a bit nickname-ish, not sure what I like as a long form for it though.

Blythe as posh is interesting. To me it and Fay and Clare just have that effortless strong but femme effect. I saw a study that most people like longer names for girls than they do for boys but I had to reverse that.

• Like 1

kerilyntaryn

What about Lilibeth, Llzabeth, Lilbet, Elizabelle or Elizabeth 

Edited by kerilyntaryn

Pooks_

I am still firmly team Rosemary and when I see the name, you pop into my mind. 

Behind Hazel Eyes

I really like Nathaniel, Zachary, Rosalie, Rosemary and Luna from your lists.  My favourite names are very different.  The two names I loved and never got a chance to use are Ebony and Bronte.  

• Like 2

Zippypeaks

Joshua, Noah, Georgia and Genevieve are the names that got away for me.

Prancer is coming

From your list, I am really liking Ezra at the moment.  It never did anything for me before (and when I was naming my boys) but love it now.  And I have always loved Octavia.  My surname is too long for it.  If my DS had been a girl, Blythe was at the top of my list.  However, there were 2 ways of pronouncing it and I never worked out which one I preferred!

Names I would have loved to have used were Sapphire.  Followed by Raven.

And for a boy I really like Devon, but it problematic with the sandwich meat being the same name.  Still like Mack too, but I just could not find a middle name that did not sound like a MacDonalds burger when said together.

Islander

Briar!!! Oh man I’m in love! I’m devastated I didn’t think of that name for my girl!  From your lists I love:

Elliott

Gabriel

Theodore

Marigold

Celeste 

and obviously Briar

• Like 1

Marinated.

I love 'Nathaniel' - it's strong, masculine and elegant. It was on my name list if I'd had a boy. 'Gabriel' is another favourite.

'Lillian' is beautiful for a girl. 

Soontobegran

I don't usually add much to a name thread but I have a love for Harriet and have been wishing silently that there would be one in my family but to no avail.

For a boy I am partial to Teddy ( Theodore ).

I feel I am going to have to buy some cats and use these names though....by grandbaby well has dried up I think :)

• Like 3

blueskies12

I love Theodore- Teddy, too! I also love Alexander.

For girls: Lily, Daisy and Clara

• Like 1

PuddingPlease

What a beautiful list of girls names. 

kerilyntaryn

Estelle, Miranda, Matilda,  Penelope,  Alice, Julian, Julius, Eleanor, Gabrielle, Adeline, Evangeline, Genevieve, Portia, Chelsea, Chantal, Abigail,  Caroline, Cassandra, Vanessa, Bianca, Amelia, Amy, Evelyn, Hazel, Laura,  Faith, Isabel, Lauren,  Naomi, Rebekah, Susannah, Phoebe, Penelope, Megan, Ruby, Ada, Felicity, Leticia, Jacinta, Jacinda, Tamara, Talitha, Zara, Eden, Yasmin, Meredith