Karlooney77

Follow-up to the Lletz procedure

Karlooney77

So I had my procedure on the 16th of Oct. Every went fine, really groggy afterwards and slept the rest of the day away.

I was supposed to get my period over the next couple of days, and I did get it as usual, and it sucked that I couldn't use a tampon and had to stick with pads. But a couple times at work I gave up and used a tampon but I didn't put it all the way in which was uncomfortable.

My period only lasts 5 days (I'm on the pill which makes it regular, and runs everything like clockwork). But it is now day 9 and it still hasn't stopped and I'm just wondering if i need to see a doctor or how long do I wait to see one of the bleeding still hasn't stopped.

Thanks in advance.

Soontobegran

Is it your period do you think or bleeding from the procedure still? It is normal to have some light bleeding from the wound on the cervix at this stage.

If it is as heavy as a period then probably it would be a good idea to see your GP to check you don't have an infection.

Try not to use tampons.

Good luck.

• Like 1

lizzybirdsworth

My period after my lletz was longer and really heavy. It needed cauterising. I had the same issue after my first birth. Always best to get checked if things don’t seem ‘normal’  even just to put your mind at ease 😊

Karlooney77

It's not heavy, my periods are usually light but this seems different, its even lighter but heavier than just spotting, and its a little watery/watered down (i don't know how else to describe it) when I'm wiping.

Soontobegran
18 minutes ago, Karlooney77 said:

It's not heavy, my periods are usually light but this seems different, its even lighter but heavier than just spotting, and its a little watery/watered down (i don't know how else to describe it) when I'm wiping.

I would just keep an eye on it, if it isn't bright and heavy you could probably wait and see how it is tomorrow. Serous/watery blood can mean it is coming from a healing wound site

If you are worried it is still unusual then see your GP for sure. Women bleed for different lengths of time.

• Like 1

lizzybirdsworth

After my period stopped I did have a watery blood discharge for about a month.