EB-Letitia

Forum closure date extended until November 30

EB-Letitia
Hi everyone, 

We have listened to your feedback regarding concerns about the notice period of the EB forums closure, and have made a decision to extend that date until November 30.

We hope that gives members time to make contact with everyone they wish to keep in touch with and download any information of importance to them. 

Thanks again to everyone who has made the forums a success over the past two decades including our administrators, moderators and members. Your time and efforts are appreciated. 

Regards, 
Letitia Rowlands
Editor, Essential Baby

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Datrys

Thanks, Letitia, the extra time is much appreciated.

• Like 1

Chchgirl

Thank you, that's wonderful 😊

TigerQueenofSheeba

That's good news. 

Is there scope to save the EB forums? Are they open to being convinced? 

• Like 2

Ozquoll
10 minutes ago, TigerQueenofSheeba said:

That's good news. 

Is there scope to save the EB forums? Are they open to being convinced? 

Bugger 'em, I say. If they don't want us, we don't want them! Thanks to the amazing community efforts of @Mister Mum, @Zeppelina and many others, we already have a wonderful new forum .

ETA: www everybump.com.au  FTW!!

Edited by Ozquoll
New forum URL
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

RynandStompy

Thank you. I'm glad there's more time to copy my earlier post history.  And for some previous posters to  have more time to find out and save/reconnect if they choose

• Like 1

DQMission

OP, I suspect you DONT actually consider feedback, otherwise you wouldnt be closing the site and axing jobs with a week's notice to begin with. 

• Like 25

Slapdasherie
3 minutes ago, Ozquoll said:

Bugger 'em, I say. If they don't want us, we don't want them! Thanks to the amazing community efforts of @Mister Mum, @Zeppelina and many others, we already have a wonderful new forum .

Glad I’m not the only one who had this reaction- there are already over 400 members at the new site.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

No Drama Please

Edited by No Drama Please
  • Like 43

Babetty
11 minutes ago, Ozquoll said:

Yes, I'm only here to encourage and redirect people to everybump - no EBer left behind!

• Like 15

Mister Mum
11 minutes ago, No Drama Please said:

Call me a cynic but I think this has a lot more to do with members on here organising a brand new working forum which already has 400 members in less than 24 hours than actually listening to feedback or caring about the valuable community.

I'm a huge cynic but I promise you there is nothing subversive going on :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TigerQueenofSheeba
30 minutes ago, Ozquoll said:

So true.

Ernegirl

Well that is a kinder response, so that we have time to pack up and go before being unceremoniously kicked out.

• Like 6

rosie28

To the extent that this allows people to gather information and the staff to have time to find another job I’m thrilled. But the community is over at www.everybump.com.au come and join if you haven’t already!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

rosie28

I’m also considering some emails to EB advertisers....maybe I’m petty, but I wonder if they know...

• Like 5

Ernegirl

Plus we'll always have Pari- the US Election 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Silverstreak

I do appreciate the extra time given. That said, it seems that when it comes to Nine, money talks yet has little good to say.

When a door closes, a window opens. A lot of members are now climbing out this window and heading towards a new safe space, where they can continue to talk, share ideas and support each other. Perhaps such things are of little value to corporations, but it is of immense value to myself. Not all things in life can be quantified by money.

Edited by Silverstreak
EFS
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

CrankyM

I'm glad for the extra time, but meh, I'm somewhat cynical as to this decision. Glad the mods have time to find another job though. I do plan to go through the what's for dinner thread and collate the recipes there. I know I've got one or two on there that I've lost my version of so need to find it again before they delete eveyrhting.

magic_marker

So much for the protest.

Cherubs

79A0F812-5067-42FE-87FF-0DFE03293C1F.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 20

Lady Sybil Vimes

I’m glad the forums are staying open a little longer. I wish we could have a real explanation for why the decision was made to close them, though.

• Like 6

Ernegirl

Yes, I'd like to know the rationale. I honestly suspect politics more than money

• Like 1

MerryMadrigalMadge
2 hours ago, rosie28 said:

I’m also considering some emails to EB advertisers....maybe I’m petty, but I wonder if they know...

I messaged every Nine Board member, the head of Digital, their complaint page, twitter etc. 

I have no idea if that worked or not, if it all went to spam/junk but I've worked at banks for over 20 years - I've seen complaints to board members directly are often far more effective than the official complaints channel.

Anyway, the extension is all lovely, but still, absolutely lousy decision process with zero regard for members is still shitty, still disrespectful, still cowardly, still insulting and still so hurtful.

• Like 20

AprilEthereal

Seems odd to me that the forums are closing. Especially given the recent upgrade. 

• Like 4

solongandthanksfor

admin please erase all my activity. I can't find a way to do it myself.