needs to get out

What *do* I think?

needs to get out
6 minutes ago, Mister Mum said:

Please join us over at https://www.everybump.com.au/ - the community and culture lives on :)

yer I have, but it doesn't stop the whole history of here being lost, and of those people who miss this tiny window of being able to switch over...

I'm cross.

• Like 12

Mister Mum
6 minutes ago, needs to get out said:

yer I have, but it doesn't stop the whole history of here being lost, and of those people who miss this tiny window of being able to switch over...

I'm cross.

Damn right - rage on!

• Like 2

Jenflea

That is one fine flouncing dress!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

needs to get out

I made a tweet and a hashtag

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

YodaTheWrinkledOne
37 minutes ago, needs to get out said:

I made a tweet and a hashtag

I love the hashtag! #SaveEB

• Like 4

**Xena**

It's a really shitty thing to do. So much advice and support lost. I have almost 26,000 posts on here. A lot of those I probably don't want to remember :lol: but there are so many amazing women on here, sharing so much advice that is so helpful to so many women.

I came here 15 years ago as a young mum who felt quite isolated because even though I had friends, none of them had kids. EB was a community of fellow parents who I could both talk kids with and also not have to talk kids with. I've been further educated not only on children related things (MCN, child restraints, night terrors etc) but also on politics and feminism and LGBTQIA+ issues. Not to mention all the mental health support. No one seemed to know about or talk about anxiety when I was first diagnosed 16 years ago, EB knew and talked about it though. In fact they knew and talked about a lot of "taboo" topics.

It's just such a waste to get rid of the collective wisdom and support of thousands of women. The written memories of those mothers and babies who have now passed on but I thought would live on forever here. So I don't blame you for being angry because I am too.

Edited by **Xena**
Added and edited
  • Like 24

PurpleWitch

I hear ya.

I am p*ssed.

I have been a member since the teal days before you had to even sign in!

Back to when I was pregnant with my now soontobe 17 year old. Probably even before.

I was fairly "controversial" and a bit of a w*n*er some times. But goddamn I made some friendships on this site. Life long ones.

Sarah, I will get to Tasmania! ❤️

I feel a little teary and regretful. So many posts lost. 

• Like 5

PurpleWitch

AND I STILL HAVE 5 WARNING POINTS! haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

purplekitty
1 minute ago, PurpleWitch said:

Only five?  :)

• Like 1

PurpleWitch
4 minutes ago, purplekitty said:

Only five?  :)

I earned some back for good behaviour. Then I think they gave up.

And I became too tired to argue :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

a letter to Elise.

I feel really sad about it all. So many years, so many great chats, friends, connection... EB got me through the lonely days of motherhood. I can’t believe they’ve made this decision when we need these online connections more than ever. 

• Like 4

Mrs Zee

I miss Nat too. I was lucky enough to connect with her IRL and she was who I thought of first when I learnt this was all being erased.

I appreciate your post. I always wondered why you deleted me. I mean I know i can be a b**ch and get people off side but I always always stand up for wrong doings and  I am fiercely loyal.

I do wish our collective words of truth to you had stuck more, I hate to see how you are still talking about yourself. 

• Like 4

Paddlepop

needs to get out: I've missed you. :hugs:  I'd love it if you'd refriend me on FB. PM if you can't remember my FB name. Just send a PM with a ? (literally just a question mark) and I'll send my name to you. You don't need to write anything in the PM. You deserve friends and support. I still think of Nat too. I miss her. I wonder how her little boy is doing. Guess he's not so little now. She loved him fiercely. I'm sad and upset too that EB's collective experiences can be erased so easily at the whim of a faceless corporation. **** them. We'll rebuild at everybump but it won't be the same without the two decades of past posts to search through and learn from.  

• Like 3

Chchgirl

This place has been great. Nobody gets on with everyone,just like real life, but I honestly can't think of anyone I actually don't like on here..

Edited by Chchgirl
  • Like 8

needs to get out
10 hours ago, Mrs Zee said:

I always wondered why you deleted me. 

I do wish our collective words of truth to you had stuck more, I hate to see how you are still talking about yourself. 

I deleted everyone :( I realised that my response to being deleted by one person was absurd and it was a sign that I don't have the skills to belong in close contact with people. I had no right to be feeling like that or to subject others to the bullshit in my head.

I try to distract myself from it, but this year has been particularly difficult.

• Sad 1

MegMogandFiestyCat

Needs to get out, I have often wondered how you are going. I have sent you a message, it would be lovely to reconnect.

I miss Nat too.

Nora.

I just received the email. I’ve been here since my daughter was a baby 17 years ago. I don’t really come here much these days but am very sad to see the forums are going to be shut down. 

• Like 3

needs to get out
On 24/10/2020 at 9:44 AM, MegMogandFiestyCat said:

Needs to get out, I have often wondered how you are going. I have sent you a message, it would be lovely to reconnect.

I miss Nat too.

ah thanks, I wonder about you and your children too. I was thinking about you just the other day in fact, before this came about!

• Like 1

jojonbeanie
On 23/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, PurpleWitch said:

Me too. We obviously haven't been trying hard enough.

• Haha 1

Nasty Teens

Needs to get out, did you have a different user name back in the day? I think I remember you. I left the bar when I needed them most...went through a really hard time with no support in real life (cause the people who knew what was happening didn't care) and no support online cause I didn't talk about what was happening. I always thought the bar was full of awesome people. Didn't always agree with them, but still, regardless of whether we agreed or not, everyone was awesome.

• Like 2

Tiger Print

I think of you often and remember you fondly.  Shared experience of being sandgropers.  I hope you and your family are well.  Send me a pm if you would like to reconnect. 

Mrs Zee
25 minutes ago, Nasty Teens said:

Needs to get out, did you have a different user name back in the day? I think I remember you. I left the bar when I needed them most...went through a really hard time with no support in real life (cause the people who knew what was happening didn't care) and no support online cause I didn't talk about what was happening. I always thought the bar was full of awesome people. Didn't always agree with them, but still, regardless of whether we agreed or not, everyone was awesome.

I really hope things are better for you now. I enjoyed your friendship. 

Silverstreak

I've always thought you're a sweetie pie Needs to get out and I enjoy reading your posts.