Sign in to follow this  
Lovesherboy

Nintendo switch lite

Lovesherboy

Anyone got one? 
Difference to switch ?

Lovesherboy

Ok thanks! 

I was hoping it for just something in the car as we live quite far from most places, my kids don’t play on the tv they have Wii U and it doesn’t get used 

My 9 year old son  has a old Xbox one and use a few games

My 13 son has a pc instead

Edited by Lovesherboy

L27

Switch can be used handheld. I would get that. It's worth it. I'm not really someone who plays handheld but the Switch is bigger than the lite and just all round better. The price difference is pretty minimal when you consider what you get for it. 

• Like 2

AdelTwins

Out of the box the Switch can be used by 2 players at once for some games. You simply detach the controllers and pop out the stand on the main unit.

Once connected to the TV you can also buy extra controllers. We have 4 players on Mario kart at once.

Its slightly bigger, so when playing in handheld mode it suits larger hand spans.

The Switch Lite is slightly smaller due to the controllers not coming off. The screen is also a little bit smaller (5.5 inches instead of 6.2) however it’s the same resolution.

Switch lite can’t connect to the tv, but can play with other switches if you have the same game. You can also buy additional controllers and prop the unit up if you want to play a 2 person game.

Overall, the Switch is the most versatile. We started with that. My older kids are getting their own Switch lite. It’s a fabulous system and has parental controls if you need them.

• Like 1

José

I have no experience with either but have had multiple kids tell me dont get the lite! 

Lovesherboy

So what would be the best way to buy for 2 kids if they play separate a lot?

can I buy one game and they both use it but on their owner account? 

AdelTwins

If you buy the physical game cartridge from the retail shop then they can both set up their own Nintendo accounts and use the same game. Either sharing one switch (with 2 user profiles) or with their own switch.

If you buy digital games then they will not be able to share them.

We had one switch with 4 user profiles (dad, mum & 2 kids). We all shared the switch and the games. We have found that wasn’t really working as the kids wanted to use it at the same time. They recently got a switch lite each (combined bday present from us and great/grandparents) and we share game cartridges between the 3 switches. DH & I share the main switch and kids use it if they want to use it on the TV. Most of the time they use their own switch lite.

I have added parental controls which limit the age rating of games they can play, stopped them accessing the store and added daily screen limits. It works very well.