MadMarchMasterchef

Likely trigger. No intent of sexual assualt?

FeralZombieMum

I just had this pop up on the news, and saw the footage, and it was sickening to watch.

This verdict has made me mad as well.

It clearly shows Jackson Williams grabbing the nurse from behind, dragging her into the laneway, and lying on top of her. I wonder how many other women he has done this to?

• Like 5

kadoodle

Kissing??!! Is that judge out of her mind?

I hope there’s an appeal.

• Like 7

Green Sage

I think the intent was sexual assault. Why else do you pull a woman down a lane way and drag her to the ground?? The issue seems to have been proving “beyond reasonable doubt”. It’s ridiculous, and sickening, to think he will get off with a puny assault charge. 

• Like 10

Green Sage
1 minute ago, kadoodle said:

Kissing??!! Is that judge out of her mind?

I hope there’s an appeal.

I hope they appeal too. But it’s so unfair on the victim to have to relive this in another trial. 

• Like 9

Green Sage

From the article:

"He does not attempt to kiss the complainant," the judge said.

"He does not attempt to remove her clothing, or pull at her clothing or attempt to undo or remove his clothing”

well, maybe that’s cause he was drunk?? As he admitted?? It takes a drunk man longer than 30 seconds to try to remove someone’s clothes, I’m guessing.  Imagine if he has had a few minutes. :( 
Thank god the attack was interrupted. 

• Like 4

Charli73

Disgusting.. that is all 

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef

I dont know whether we can say for sure that he was trying to sexually assualt her, but the judge's comments are awful.  They seem to imply that sexual assualt or rape are crimes of passion.  They are not, they are abuse of power and putting hand over victims mouth is very common.   

Edited by MadMarchMasterchef
  • Like 9

Lou-bags

That is so distressing to watch! That poor woman. Just recently I heard an interview with a woman who was assaulted in somewhat similar circumstances by the Claremont Serial Killer, in her workplace, prior to when his killing began. It destroyed her life in many ways. 

This guy is a scumbag! 

Edited to add that I seem to recall that the Claremont guy (Bradley Edwards) was also charged with some minor crime for what he did. And he clearly escalated. There is no way this is the first time Jackson Willams did something like this, and I doubt it will be the last either. I hope he's in some kind of offenders program. And that I'm wrong and he never hurts anyone again. 

Edited by Lou-bags
  • Like 6

Riotproof

Does the judge not know what you can do while clothed? Of course he was trying to assault her. 

• Like 4

Ozquoll

Is that judge fair dinkum? Does she think would-be rapists go in for foreplay? Very weird comments, especially from a female judge 🤨.

Edited by Ozquoll
  • Like 3

Soontobegran

I am completely gob smacked.  I don't care if he 'intended' to sexually assault her, in her mind she was probably sure he was going to. 

She will never get over this.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

MadMarchMasterchef

Actually if anything a rapist would be unlikely to try to kiss as it would leave more DNA.   I seriously hope there is a retraction of that statement. 

• Like 3

Soontobegran

My husband hadn't seen it so I showed him and all he could say was " Thank $#%@ I am retired from the police force.

They spend weeks getting a prosecution case prepared for these cases and just have to stand there and watch the " soft $%#& courts " throw it in the bin.

His potty mouth is as bad as mine....sorry.

• Like 12

purplekitty

Any woman knows what this is about.

His genitals are in close contact with her FFS,sexual enough for me.

• Like 3

Chelli

I had to leave the room in disgust when I saw this on the news tonight. That judge is a ****wit.

• Like 1

Riotproof

I just can’t get over it. How many sexual assault cases aren’t prosecuted because of a lack of evidence? and yet, here we are, with photographic evidence and still, still, still.. 

• Like 8

Murderino
1 hour ago, Lou-bags said:

That is so distressing to watch! That poor woman. Just recently I heard an interview with a woman who was assaulted in somewhat similar circumstances by the Claremont Serial Killer, in her workplace, prior to when his killing began. It destroyed her life in many ways. 

This guy is a scumbag! 

Edited to add that I seem to recall that the Claremont guy (Bradley Edwards) was also charged with some minor crime for what he did. And he clearly escalated. There is no way this is the first time Jackson Willams did something like this, and I doubt it will be the last either. I hope he's in some kind of offenders program. And that I'm wrong and he never hurts anyone again. 

I just listened to a podcast about this and yes he was charged with some sort of simple assault for that attack despite the fact he tried to drag her into the bathroom near her office. His boss came and told her how he was a good bloke he was and he was stressed blah, blah, blah.

The kids are up with me so I haven't opened the link yet.  Will look at that when they are in bed.

EDIT

I've watched it now and it's horrifying.

Edited by Murderino
  • Like 1

meljbau

Thank goodness that the attack was disrupted after 37 seconds by another man entering the lane way. If he hadn't come across them I fear in the next few seconds that sexual penetration would have occurred. 

Also, I didn't think being kissed was an indicator that a sexual attack was going to take place. 

Edited by meljbau
  • Sad 2

eponee

I saw that on the news tonight and it made me feel so uncomfortable.  How awful for that poor woman!

purpleblaze

I have never been in this type of situation but if I had to imagine what a rape scene would look like this would be it.  FFS what did the judge think he was trying to do, grab her phone?  The fact that he's pinned her to the ground and lying on top of her is plenty reason enough.  The things men get away with makes my blood boil!

• Like 8

CallMeFeral

WTF, the sheer ignorance. What does she think rape is, some kind of romantic seduction? Can't be rape, he didn't bring her flowers.

**** this sh*t. 

• Like 5

CallMeFeral

And you know what? Give us a damned angry icon. Why do we not get an angry icon. Are women only allowed to be sad, confused or thankful? Let us be angry dammit!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

nori_roll

This is just so bloody infuriating. 

3 hours ago, Murderino said:

I just listened to a podcast about this and yes he was charged with some sort of simple assault for that attack despite the fact he tried to drag her into the bathroom near her office. His boss came and told her how he was a good bloke he was and he was stressed blah, blah, blah.

The kids are up with me so I haven't opened the link yet.  Will look at that when they are in bed.

EDIT

I've watched it now and it's horrifying.

I think I listened to the same podcast - it’s close to home for me I was a similar age at the time of the murders. And I now live a stones throw from where the perp grew up and committed his first crimes 😟

That whole story about the woman who was assaulted at work and then he just got to keep his job - unbelievable! 

• Like 2

lazycritter

That judge has gotta be on the take. 

Can't 

Even 

• Like 1