Sign in to follow this  
jmjsa

Christmas Holidays - what do your children do

jmjsa

I’m thinking ahead and trying to think about what my children can do on their 8 week Christmas break.  I will  on holidays for 5 of the weeks. Kids are 14, 13 & 13.  The 14 year old has just got a job so hopefully he will get a bit of work to keep him busy.  One of the 13 year olds will be laid up after surgery in a leg cast to start with and then recovering.  We will try and get away but it will be for 5 days at the most.  My kids are home bodies and would love to stay home on technology all day if I let them.  

So what do your kids get up to and how can I keep my guys busy and not spending all day on technology.  

ekbaby

My 12 yo had a broken limb last summer holidays and it really sucked :( and he did spend a lot more time watching movies and playing video games than he normally would 

normally they go swimming a lot (at pool at home or go to the beach or public pool where they set up inflatables in the school holidays). 

Prancer is coming

Our local council run some good programs for teens - surfing lessons, bowling and movies, cooking classes, movie making etc.  They are reasonably priced (compared to after school care) and usually stuff my teen is into.  She is quite happy turning up knowing no one, but at least your guys can have each other if this is an issue.  

Do they do any sport/music/coding?  Plenty of sports and hobbies do a few days of workshops over the holidays.

Tinky Winky Woo

Most likely not a lot.  Money is tight, I am working, and chances are we won't be able to travel.

luke's mummu

I find it’s really difficult in the Christmas holidays, as there’s less structured activities. We try to do a few play dates and have a jobs list if I have to work.