Kallie88

Vic Victory support thread. Go you beauties!!

BornToLove
3 minutes ago, Kallie88 said:

And on a personal note I also wanted to say how privileged I feel to have come through this with all of you. You are such an amazing group of people and truly show the best of what we victorians are xx

As always, be kind :)

Awww I have have enjoyed these threads, thanks for creating them 😊 

eta -gold!

Edited by BornToLove
  • Like 7

Lorem ipsum

Silver!

Eta- love the thread title Kallie! 

Edited by Lorem ipsum
  • Like 1

Silverstreak

Ooh bronze!

annodam

Been out all day & way too many people not doing the right thing out there...

Mose

Hand sani! (I believe that was announced last thread as prize for missing the podium!)

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

MsLaurie

Hahahahaha I thought this thread was going to be about the netball!

Feeling reasonable about the timetable of changes. But think there’s a bit of silliness about the grand final. Really think it would be better to have a way for people to watch in groups (maybe like a drive-in set up? Or defined picnic zones at parks??) as I think a lot will be very tempted to break the rules.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

~Peahen~

Still catching up on the announcements but I managed to get the gist thanks to everyone updating in here today. 

I'm extremely happy for everyone who can see some of their family and friends now and hope that if we keep going this way we can see those that are further away soon. 

My kids had not seen their only living Grandparents for almost a year when covid hit, they were due to come here in April but of course that got canned.  Who knows when they will get to see them again. I imagine my folks are getting very impatient. (they are in QLD). 

My husband got what he wanted out of today's announcements and that's made me super happy. All I want is for him and my kids to be happy. My daughter can now see her friend. This is huge for her. 

• Like 7

leosmum

Thanks @Kallie88 - I feel the same.

I’ve just blown my stack in the general COVID thread in response to some insensitive bullsh*t from a non-Victorian so I think I should stick to our VIC support thread from now on.

• Like 14

Ozquoll

**HAIRDRESSERS ARE BACK**

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I may have already texted my hairdresser to make an appointment....

• Like 4

JRA
23 minutes ago, Kallie88 said:

And on a personal note I also wanted to say how privileged I feel to have come through this with all of you. You are such an amazing group of people and truly show the best of what we victorians are xx

I have to say, this has made me feel closest to people on EB ever. I have been here 18 years, and this has meant the most to me.

Thanks

• Like 20

JRA
9 minutes ago, MsLaurie said:

Hahahahaha I thought this thread was going to be about the netball!

Feeling reasonable about the timetable of changes. But think there’s a bit of silliness about the grand final. Really think it would be better to have a way for people to watch in groups (maybe like a drive-in set up? Or defined picnic zones at parks??) as I think a lot will be very tempted to break the rules.

It would be interesting if councils set up big screens, then people could picnic in their groups?

• Like 12

annodam

LM, it really p*sses me off when non-Victorians comment about Victoria!

I stay right out of that other thread, the rest of the inter-staters can go & get fk'ed as far as I'm concerned, they are not welcome in this thread!

Their pretend "caring" makes me vomit!

Yeah take care Victorians but don't come anywhere near me --- yeah right rack off!

• Like 4

leosmum
Just now, JRA said:

It would be interesting if councils set up big screens, then people could picnic in their groups?

That’s a great idea JRA!

• Like 1

Lorem ipsum
10 minutes ago, JRA said:

I have to say, this has made me feel closest to people on EB ever. I have been here 18 years, and this has meant the most to me.

Thanks

Yep, I've been on here for 10ish years, and haven't posted since TTC ( DS is now 8). I'm so glad I did, this is very special. Thank you all

Edited by Lorem ipsum
  • Like 7

Chchgirl

Xx

Edited by Chchgirl
  • Like 1

magic_marker
19 minutes ago, annodam said:

Been out all day & way too many people not doing the right thing out there...

Is this a contradiction? Just sayin'

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

leosmum
3 minutes ago, annodam said:

LM, it really p*sses me off when non-Victorians comment about Victoria!

I stay right out of that other thread, the rest of the inter-staters can go & get fk'ed as far as I'm concerned, they are not welcome in this thread!

Their pretend "caring" makes me vomit!

Yeah take care Victorians but don't come anywhere near me --- yeah right rack off!

Exactly annodam! I basically got told I had no right to be upset about the NZers turning up in VIC because my parents in SA could have come here - they’d just have to quarantine on the way back. Um, no, actually. The border between SA and VIC is hard shut from the SA side so my parents couldn’t go home if they came here. And as much as they want to see me and their beautiful grandsons, it’s not practical for them to be stuck here indefinitely - nor do I want them exposed to covid as they are both over 70. I just couldn’t believe the insensitivity.

Edited by leosmum
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

nom_de_plume

I might *just* make the first page! 

So glad we're here!

• Like 4

magic_marker
Just now, nom_de_plume said:

I might *just* make the first page! 

So glad we're here!

You made it into the OP's post, sweetie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

~Jolly_F~
2 minutes ago, leosmum said:

Exactly annodam! I basically got told I had no right to be upset about the NZers turning up in VIC because my parents in SA could have come here - they’d just have to quarantine on the way back. Um, no, actually. The border between SA and VIC is hard shut from the SA side so my parents couldn’t go home if they came here. And as much as they want to see me and their beautiful grandsons, it’s not practical for them to be stuck here indefinitely - nor do I want them exposed to covid as they are both over 70. I just couldn’t believe the insensitivity.

Some of those posts were really out of line. I’m sorry for your situation Leosmum! It’s sucks being apart from family. 

I have just been reading along, I don’t get it but I don’t pretend to care, I actually do care and hope you guys get some kind of normality soon! 

• Like 10

leosmum
3 minutes ago, ~Jolly_F~ said:

Some of those posts were really out of line. I’m sorry for your situation Leosmum! It’s sucks being apart from family. 

I have just been reading along, I don’t get it but I don’t pretend to care, I actually do care and hope you guys get some kind of normality soon! 

Thanks so much Jolly, really appreciate that! 😍

• Like 2

Meepy

Glad to have made it to a Vic Victory support thread.  Congratulations to everyone, you have all really helped my journey from terrified at the beginning to adjusting and now to being happy we’ve got through to this stage.  I feel very sorry for all those in our state who have lost family members.  I can’t fathom how they would be dealing with the pile on from outside and the media.  

• Like 9

~Peahen~

I posted in the other thread this morning. I was one of the ones not getting the angst. I didn't and still don't know all the details but honestly I had just imagined they were Victorians returning home and I was happy for them and their families. I certainly didn't mean to be insensitive to those here not seeing their families. I just wanted to be happy for anyone who does get to. 

I guess I didn't think anyone would be coming into Victoria unless they were returning home. I mean, why would you? It's not exactly a holiday here right now. Can't go anywhere.  Can't eat out. Can't shop. Perhaps it's going to be like an extreme sport now lol. Extreme holidaying.  

• Like 3

MsLaurie

I don’t necessarily have an issue with the NZ travellers. I agree they’re probably returning Vic’s. It’s just galling that yet again the Feds have ignored any possible implications of their actions, gone “LOL OH WELL” when problems pointed out, then tried to make it State Govt’s responsibility for dealing with the situation. Shoddy implementation yet again. 

• Like 18