Sign in to follow this  
GabsLi

Toddler 'M' words have become 'B'

GabsLi

Hello all, first - tot is only 12.5 months old so I know I can't expect a gamut of words yet. But I'm just wondering if I should be worried that he's 'lost' some sounds? M was his first sound for months, followed by 'mamama'. Then it was 'yayaya' and 'aba' and finally 'dada'. Now it's all 'B' noises. 'Mama' is now 'baba', 'moo' is 'boo', you get the picture. Even 'dada' has become baba.

Anyone face something similar? Do I need to worry?

22Fruitmincepies

Totally normal as far as I know, they are just trying out all the sounds and get all excited about the new ones they can make. It’s so cute hearing all those new sounds, and amazing to think of how quickly their brains are developing. 

• Like 5

GabsLi

Oh ok, thanks! Good to know; yes it's super cute (when not worried there's something wrong!)

PrincessPeach

At that age - not a problem. If that is still happening as he gets closer to 2, then yes it’s a problem.

rosie28

Not an issue at that age I think- they get stuck on the sound of the moment and then move on. By 2 you’d want that mostly sorted out and a fair few recognisable words (our speechy said 50).

• Like 1