seayork2002

Friday fluffy - relationship deal breakers (lighthearted)

seayork2002

Not speaking of anything too serious though it is meant to be taking lightly ( I may have done this one before)

What DH had to accept of me is 

Christmas is about as much random colour that does not match as much as possible

Our fridge will always have random fridge magnets, postcards, paper reminders etc.

My love of garden gnomes

What I have had to accept of DH

His love of football (soccer) is as deep as his dna to him (he is not obsessed though)

He will always be an artist (a BS artist somedays I tell myself)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ozquoll

Won't lie, a love of garden gnomes would be a deal-breaker for me 😆

This isn't a deal-breaker, but it could have been...DH loves vintage cars. He is a reasonably handy self-taught mechanic. But he used to buy terrible old cars "to do them up" and they would then sit in the yard not getting done, or worse, he would spend hundreds of dollars on a part, hours and hours installing it, and then realise that another part costing hundreds of dollars also needed to be replaced. This part would often only be available on special order from overseas. It would take months to arrive, during which time the car wreck would sit there making my yard look ugly, and then when DH got around to installing it, he would find yet another problem with another part 🤨. Rinse and repeat.

The one really serious fight me and DH have ever had was over one of these wrecks that he promised would be fixed and gleaming by a certain date (spoiler alert - it wasn't even close to fixed). I have learned to head off any old-car enthusiasm on his part....

• Like 2

seayork2002

I don't have actually have the garden gnomes yet! (well I had a couple a few years ago) I just reserve the right to have them if I choose to 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Ozquoll

^^^

Your poor husband, always with the threat of garden gnomes hanging over his head !!😁😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

seayork2002
1 minute ago, Ozquoll said:

^^^

Your poor husband, always with the threat of garden gnomes hanging over his head !!😁😂😂

I am not afraid to use it

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Kallie88

I have had to accept about dh:

His need to be doing something/ have something on - games, his phone, the tv.  the man can't just BE. Drives me mad sometimes lol

Him putting things off for no good reason other than "they'll keep" even when they don't keep. Like not renewing his license until he was caught and slapped with a $400 fine. Just seems dumb to me but it's his MO

Things DH has had to accept about me:

I hate mornings and will never just get up all chipper like he can lol

"So hun, I was thinking...." will mean he has to do something or I will be buying something 😄

• Like 2

kadoodle

DH’s insistence that the AFL is biased against Essendon, and are trying to ruin them has come close. I’d potentially do a Cloud St and live in a tent on the lawn if there was another drug saga.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Lucrezia Bauble

dh had to accept my Floordrobe - i could have the biggest wardrobe in the world and still have spillage on the floor. i can’t help it. DH is too chirpy in the morning. I’ve learnt to live with it, but it is grounds for divorce.

• Like 4

PocketIcikleflakes

DP, I've had to accept that everything needs to be symmetrical, but also entirely illogical.

Also he's the person who makes fines and prison sentences necessary because he just won't follow rules. He also doesn't take fines etc seriously until he's right on the cusp of consequences, Mr "you're driving now because I only have two points left on my licence".

He had to put up with me by perpetually disorganised except when it comes to the kids and I go overboard.

And my organised clutter.

• Like 1

Jenflea

Dh puts up with my mess and crap housewife 'skills' and the flamingos I have scattered around the house (including one hip height one in the bathroom that falls over if it's bumped lol) and I put up with his AFL watching and his snoring. 

• Like 3

seayork2002

Oh another is I cannot cook

• Like 1

Kallie88

I should have put DHs snoring too! Lol. Goes with his not sorting sh*t out since he's never got it looked at either

• Like 2

Crombek
41 minutes ago, Kallie88 said:

His need to be doing something/ have something on - games, his phone, the tv.  the man can't just BE. Drives me mad sometimes lol

Him putting things off for no good reason other than "they'll keep" even when they don't keep. Like not renewing his license until he was caught and slapped with a $400 fine. Just seems dumb to me but it's his MO

"So hun, I was thinking...." will mean he has to do something or I will be buying something 😄

"So I've been thinking..." is the most terrifying phrase in my marriage 😂😂.

I have to put up with DH not ever being here, but also not ever wanting to pay people for jobs he "can" do himself. I've resorted to responding "Yes I know you're *capable* of it, but exactly *when* will you be home to do it?"

And race cars. That never ever go. 

And beginning passion projects when the last is 80% complete, but I'm also just as bad. 

The snoring.

He has to put up with: my appalling financial education and management skills and complete lack of motivation to learn.

My habit of putting dirty dishes on top of the dishwasher, instead of straight in them. I know, I'm an EB monster.

The weird throat clicking I make in my sleep

• Haha 2

MooGuru

DH - is either completely and utterly obsessed with something. Or has zero interest. There is no in between. A new hobby means he is 100% all in, he buys all the equipment, watches all the youtube tutorials, joins 4 different clubs, talks like he's a master at it. Three months later all the equipment is relegated to the garage, never to be mentioned again (except for refusals to get rid of it when I say we should because "one day...."

Me - I need to be pushed to make change. I love a pros and cons list! And I enjoy snooping. DH is used to him suggesting a suburb to live in and then hearing: "Wow, did you know x suburb has appeared in police media statements 14 times in the past three years." Or "hmm the 1908 flood plans included the next suburb. With the change in environment, increased housing etc I wonder whether this area could be considered flood prone?" I would probably make a great risk analyst for an insurer :lol:.  DH is firmly in camp "I'll think about it if it happens"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ytt
7 hours ago, MooGuru said:

DH - is either completely and utterly obsessed with something. Or has zero interest. There is no in between. A new hobby means he is 100% all in, he buys all the equipment, watches all the youtube tutorials, joins 4 different clubs, talks like he's a master at it. Three months later all the equipment is relegated to the garage, never to be mentioned again (except for refusals to get rid of it when I say we should because "one day...."

OMG this is my DH and once he has got everything he moves on to the next. Since he has been off work due to covid our 4wd has new tires, new bullbar, new mats, all new LED lights - inside and out (it's about 12 years old but looks brand new, I love this car it has over 370000 kms on the clock). Oh and sold a kayak but decked out the other and decided that it needed to be ceiling mounted rather than wall mounted lol.

Then it moved to 3d printers, got a small one and did some prints then researched and got not one but two Ender 3d printers. Spent weeks and weeks tweeking then all the new 'parts' arrived bit by bit in the mail - you know update this and that, make it quieter etc etc. Printed off a few things and I sold a few fidget toys (OMG if I could get him to make more I could set up a market stall and sell, they are amazing, kids at school love them). Totally obsessed and has every single thing plus more - 'cos you need 3 beds! and even bottles to spray cleaning stuff on...

He has now moved on to smokers (ie bbq's), he dabbled before but now he has a Green Mountain Grill electric pellet smoker and EVERY single item possible - including barrels to store the numerous flavour pellets . Sigh, we had a kids play room that kids vacated and it's now his store room. It doesn't have a door as such so I'm lucky nobody visits or they would think it was a shop! 

Tomorrow he is buying a new webber...... Webber smoker, electric smoker, gas BBQ and now a Webber BBQ - apparently it's all he will need.

Hey if we have to sell our house down the track because his occupation doesn't pick up then he better find a property in the middle of nowhere that doesn't cost much to store his sh*t. sigh....

He has to put up with me forgetting everything. Three trips to the shop to remember to get apple juice to spriz his smoked meat . sigh

• Like 2

Blue Shoe
33 minutes ago, ytt said:

OMG this is my DH and once he has got everything he moves on to the next. Since he has been off work due to covid our 4wd has new tires, new bullbar, new mats, all new LED lights - inside and out (it's about 12 years old but looks brand new, I love this car it has over 370000 kms on the clock). Oh and sold a kayak but decked out the other and decided that it needed to be ceiling mounted rather than wall mounted lol.

Then it moved to 3d printers, got a small one and did some prints then researched and got not one but two Ender 3d printers. Spent weeks and weeks tweeking then all the new 'parts' arrived bit by bit in the mail - you know update this and that, make it quieter etc etc. Printed off a few things and I sold a few fidget toys (OMG if I could get him to make more I could set up a market stall and sell, they are amazing, kids at school love them). Totally obsessed and has every single thing plus more - 'cos you need 3 beds! and even bottles to spray cleaning stuff on...

He has now moved on to smokers (ie bbq's), he dabbled before but now he has a Green Mountain Grill electric pellet smoker and EVERY single item possible - including barrels to store the numerous flavour pellets . Sigh, we had a kids play room that kids vacated and it's now his store room. It doesn't have a door as such so I'm lucky nobody visits or they would think it was a shop! 

Tomorrow he is buying a new webber...... Webber smoker, electric smoker, gas BBQ and now a Webber BBQ - apparently it's all he will need.

Hey if we have to sell our house down the track because his occupation doesn't pick up then he better find a property in the middle of nowhere that doesn't cost much to store his sh*t. sigh....

He has to put up with me forgetting everything. Three trips to the shop to remember to get apple juice to spriz his smoked meat . sigh

This is my DH, too!! With his collection of bbq’s/smokers... the fish tank he now neglects... the gym equipment nobody uses... the home brew setup waiting for weather that’s not too hot/cold...

• Haha 1

PurpleWitch

I have to accept that wherever we go we will always run into someone connected to basketball. Regardless of where we are. Lombok. Busselton. Coles.

The topic is 95% of the time basketball.

I zone out.

• Like 1

MooGuru
38 minutes ago, ytt said:

3 minutes ago, Blue Shoe said:

This is my DH, too!! With his collection of bbq’s/smokers... the fish tank he now neglects... the gym equipment nobody uses... the home brew setup waiting for weather that’s not too hot/cold...

Ha! DH is researching smokers at the moment  :lol:

• Haha 1

Bethlehem Babe
9 hours ago, Kallie88 said:

My DH. 
Always needs a project. Always cleaning. 

me? My snoring apparently and my mess/ lack of interest in housekeeping. 

• Like 1

c00l

I've had to accept that DH will always be randomly pacing around the house for no reason and ends up in doorways that I'm trying to use to actually,you know, get to somewhere for a reason.(It doesn't help that he is also 6ft 8, so takes up a lot of room wherever he is).

DH has to accept I will always leave saucepans to soak in the sink overnight,which he hates.

• Like 2

ytt
1 hour ago, MooGuru said:

Ha! DH is researching smokers at the moment  :lol:

nooooooooo lol I'm trying to get DH to sell his first Webber smoker so he can get a Webber BBQ....   

But he got an electric pellet smoker. Big bucks but sooooo much easier than coals. google pellet smokers, more exy but easier to use!!!

Dianalynch

Dh makes a clicking sound with his jaw when he chews, plenty of grounds just there 

he puts up with, well, a lot. I’m quite rude, messy and disorganised, and I often take the biggest portion of the treat food just because I think women usually end up with less and I should make a stand -  taking the last tim tam as a feminist act. Yeah he has loads of grounds. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Hands Up

Breathes loudly.

But in all seriousness, sneezes very loudly at least eight times in a row, every night.

• Like 1

ImperatorFuriosa

DP had to accept I don't cook. 

I had to accept DP has a way of getting his over grown fingernails and toenails off without using scissors, clippers or his teeth............

PuddingPlease
12 minutes ago, ImperatorFuriosa said:

DP had to accept I don't cook. 

I had to accept DP has a way of getting his over grown fingernails and toenails off without using scissors, clippers or his teeth............

What sorcery is this?

Seriously, how?