Sign in to follow this  
Lovesherboy

Christmas Survivor..

Lovesherboy

Hi!

I'm creating a ‘survivor’ obstacle course for Christmas

I have 6 kids each day (different sets, apart from mine)

Kids ranging from 1-13

I have so far

1. Lock on bags with 6 keys but only 1 fits the lock 

2. I’m making a puzzle out of Pine blocks and painting a design on it to be put together 

3. Tennis balls 1-20 need to be put in order 

4. Throw hand bean bags into hula hoops

And this is where I need help I want to do something like a bath/bucket etc with blocks and they need to find the blocks and then make a word with them...

What would I use for it and fill it with?

hay,water? Don’t want to be too messy

other ideas I have are crawling under cargo net, ducks maybe labelled and fishing rods? 

i have 4 acres so space isn’t a issue, I have a creek there too if that helps with inspiration 

Love to hear from you! 

• Like 1

Redchick2

No suggestions but now I want to come to your house for Christmas! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

*Marty*

What about buckets with holes in them.  They have to transport water (using the bucket with holes) from one vessel to another (or have a ful bucket of water and they have to use a cup with holes in it to fill one bucket from another (with one hand behind their back))

Here are some survivor slogans for your puzzle

• Like 4

Lovesherboy

Bump 

Bereckii
On 15/10/2020 at 12:18 AM, Lovesherboy said:

And this is where I need help I want to do something like a bath/bucket etc with blocks and they need to find the blocks and then make a word with them...

What would I use for it and fill it with?

hay,water? Don’t want to be too messy

You could fill the bath or a plastic tub with shredded newspaper. Just tear individual pages into narrow strips (long narrow strips is the important bit here). It will get a bit messy as they dig through it, but easy to quickly tidy away. We did similar in about 4 plastic tubs in our back yard for a party, so can attest that both the shredding of the paper and also the tidy up at end are pretty quick and easy. One newspaper makes a surprisingly big pile when ripped into narrow strips, it hides things pretty well if you mix it all around.

Another idea for hidden clues - decorate a tree in your yard with Christmas decorations (e.g. baubles) that are actually hidden clues (maybe a puzzle or scrambled word or something, so you need to put the pieces together to get the clue). The tree will look Christmassy on arrival, but is actually "clues in pain sight". 

Another idea would be messages or clues or something in balloons - pop the balloons to find the clues. Or maybe lots of balloons but only one of the balloons has the clue, so they need to pop a bunch to find what they need. Again the balloons could look like decorations, until they get to that part of the game. Or, alternatively, a bunch of small waterballoons (filled with air, not water). You can fill a tub of balloons. You clue would need to be pretty small to fit in a water balloon though.

Your Christmas sounds AWESOME! 

Bereckii

A few other task ideas:

SCRAMBLED CHRISTMAS JOKE: you could have a Christmas themed joke written on a page. In an attached envelope (or in a Christmas cracker that they have to pop - you can make a Christmas cracker yourself using a toilet roll and Christmas paper) have a bunch of individual letters (e.g. scrabble letters) that need to be unscrambled to spell the answer to the joke.

FIND FATHER CRISTMAS: have a series of clues that lead them from one location to another, the aim being to find a toy (or print our or whatever) of Father Christmas at the final location. Clue locations along the way could be Santa-related (e.g. clues could be hidden at the fire place, in a Christmas stocking, in a cookie jar, on a Christmas tree, etc)

Hmmm, the above ideas might be more scavenger hunt than Survivor-related. They might inspire some ideas though.

Pilar Palabundar

Ha ha, sorry OP, I though you were going to ask for advice on how to survive Christmas with family dynamics, covid etc.

Good luck with it.. sounds a treat.

Bereckii

A few other activity ideas:

Balancing ball race (soccer ball, sticks) https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/373306256618022679/

Balloon ball race (balloons, tennis balls, bucket): https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/373306256618022586/

Ball through the the hole in the box:  https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/373306256616960389/

Hula hoop lasso (hoops, soccer balls and rope): https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/373306256613993202/

Fill the bucket (buckets, sponges, water): https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/373306256613830814/

If you want ideas for clues, these might be useful - websites for generating different kinds of cryptic clue messages:

Edited by Bereckii

DragonsGrace

Could you use that GelliBaf type stuff for the find a block? There are different kinds now I think, not just Jelly

Lovesherboy
11 hours ago, Bereckii said:

A few other task ideas:

SCRAMBLED CHRISTMAS JOKE: you could have a Christmas themed joke written on a page. In an attached envelope (or in a Christmas cracker that they have to pop - you can make a Christmas cracker yourself using a toilet roll and Christmas paper) have a bunch of individual letters (e.g. scrabble letters) that need to be unscrambled to spell the answer to the joke.

FIND FATHER CRISTMAS: have a series of clues that lead them from one location to another, the aim being to find a toy (or print our or whatever) of Father Christmas at the final location. Clue locations along the way could be Santa-related (e.g. clues could be hidden at the fire place, in a Christmas stocking, in a cookie jar, on a Christmas tree, etc)

Hmmm, the above ideas might be more scavenger hunt than Survivor-related. They might inspire some ideas though.

That’s ok! Just games related is awesome! Something to get them off the games