Sign in to follow this  
Bebecita

CCS Balancing

Bebecita

Just wondering if anyone else is finding that there are long delays in balancing their childcare subsidy for 2019/2020 financial year.   Our tax returns were completed back in August and when I enquired with centrelink in late September they couldn't give any indication on when they would balance payments, as unfortunately 'there is no magic button we can press' and I just need to be patient and keep checking mygov account.   It's a bit frustrating as I deliberately overestimate our income by a fair bit so as not to end up with a debt, but now feel like the money they owe us is being held in limbo indefinitely.

gatheringpieces

Also still waiting.

Heard on the grapevine that families that were likely to have an overpayment are not being processed yet but who knows if there's any truth to that.

melanieb530

Ours is still not balanced for 2018/19!

Did tax returns early this year. 

• Like 1

Lou-bags

I have also heard that they are delayed and that it’s due to Covid I think? So that people don’t have to repay overpayment debts at this time? We are waiting on balancing for 18/19 and 19/20

We are due to repay a $5k plus overpayment (their mistake that I picked up as soon as it landed in my account) from 18/19.

Edited by Lou-bags

Crazyone26989

My husband finally did his tax return about 3 weeks ago and a week or so later Centrelink had completed our CSS balancing. We overpaid but only by $60. 

BornToLove

We do our tax every year in early August. I didn’t get the 18/19 rebalancing until July of this year (almost a full year after both of us did our tax). Centrelink was on it this year though, I received the 19/20 rebalancing in September (about 6 weeks after doing our taxes). 

GingerbreadWoman

I did my tax in late July and my CCS was balanced last week. So hopefully yours is not too far away. 

Caitlin Happymeal

I won’t go into my wacky conspiracy theory about them wanting to recoup some interest due to all the extra human services handouts this year, because I really don’t know if that’s even a possibility haha. 

but yeah, it looks like a very very small percentage have been completed. We are still waiting, it’s frustrating because we shouldn’t have a debt based on our reporting, so it’s not like we are a part of the “debt pause” bundle, but then again, how would we know if they stuffed up and overpaid us (wouldn’t be the first time CL have done that to us 🙄)

Our taxes were well and truly done in July so I really don’t know what the holdup is. 

• Like 1

melanieb530
8 hours ago, Lou-bags said:

I have also heard that they are delayed and that it’s due to Covid I think? So that people don’t have to repay overpayment debts at this time? We are waiting on balancing for 18/19 and 19/20

We are due to repay a $5k plus overpayment (their mistake that I picked up as soon as it landed in my account) from 18/19.

Sorry to hear about the stuff up but I’m glad to hear we’re not the only ones still waiting on the 18-19 financial year as well as 19-20. I phoned about it several times early to mid year with no success so have left it as it should only be a relatively small amount either way. 

• Like 1

Murderino
10 hours ago, gatheringpieces said:

Also still waiting.

Heard on the grapevine that families that were likely to have an overpayment are not being processed yet but who knows if there's any truth to that.

It’s absolutely true  A quick google gets their website

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/topics/owing-money-centrelink-debt/30701#a1

• Like 1

rosie28

Can’t speak to 19/20, but we put in DH’s return for 18/19 in July (he has a business and there were some complications) and it was balanced 1 week after he revived his NOA and refund. I was most impressed. We’ll not get to 19/20 until May.

IamtheMumma

Mine isn't processed. There shouldn't be a debt because I didn't work for over half the year. 

Fossy
5 hours ago, GingerbreadWoman said:

I did my tax in late July and my CCS was balanced last week. So hopefully yours is not too far away. 

Us too,, we did our tax July 30,  our CCS is being paid tomorrow. So hopefully everyone still waiting should be getting paid soon. 

IamtheMumma

Mine is being paid tomorrow.