Sister wants to breastfeed my baby

Chamomile
Posted (edited)

Edited by Chamomile
  • Like 5

YodaTheWrinkledOne
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

This, or I think there's an element of culture not being revealed if it is true. I personally know of in Indian culture, the last born child being handed over to a childless aunt and uncle to raise from birth. It also can happen in Polynesian cultures.

same here. But that's not the same as what the OP is describing.

ETA: I just realised it's OP's first EB post, so there's that too...

Edited by YodaTheWrinkledOne

Megan004

Thanks for everyone's input I have not told my partner of her plains as I think he'll hit the roof. I'm catching up with my sister over the weekend and I will be able to voice my concerns with her plains. I do feel sorry for her , most of you are right I do think she needs to speak with a professional to help deal with her problems.  

• Like 6

magic_marker

Let her do it when the baby get some teeth. That'll fix it. Other than that, l would suggest a mental health professional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

lazycritter

If she's really craving the newborn experience,  she could always volunteer in a maternity ward.  There were never enough nurses to help.  Even just needing someone to hold the baby so I could sleep for an hour. 

The breastfeeding thing...please say no. 

Babies aren't just about breastfeeding. I loathed it and I didn't even have much pain. There is no euphoric feeling if that's what she's after.  Not in my experience and no one I know either. 

• Like 3

MumsyToBigOnes
On 09/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, lazycritter said:

If she's really craving the newborn experience,  she could always volunteer in a maternity ward.  There were never enough nurses to help.  Even just needing someone to hold the baby so I could sleep for an hour. 

I really doubt this could occur. I know in NICU & PICU there is generally a waiting list of volunteers. They tend to be retired nurses or allied professionals. I’m sure once she is asked why she wants to do it and about her own family background they would detect a red flag and she would be told thanks but no thanks. If it was that easy there would be a lot more mentally unstable volunteers waltzing out of these units with ‘their baby’, don’t really think that’s a scenario any new mum wants no matter how desperate they are for a rest. 

• Like 7

knottygirl

My sister and I both breastfed each other’s babies. But we had babies at the same time. 

this all sounds very ‘hand that rocks the cradle’ (anyone remember that movie?)

• Like 1