seayork2002

Medical direction needed (maybe period related?)

seayork2002

I am being seen by a GP and a endocrinologist so I am not asking to be diagnosed by internet but they are at a loss to explain my pain.

I will try and keep it short

8ish years ago I had bad hot flushes and felt sick a lot, and nauseous a lot.

GP did tests and sent me for an MRI which picked up a growth on my pituitary gland, went to the endocrinologist, I have been seen on and off since by them and a GP. I was on medication and had a follow up MRI – all clear 

Throughout this time I have had ultrasounds (mainly pelvic ones I think) CT scans and tonnes of blood tests.

As of last month I have been told I am not menopausal/premenopausal , no need to be on tablets anymore, I have slight cholesterol, need Vitamin tablets and have small fibroids.

Through out all this my periods are totally regular with timing but up and down with flow, but I am still getting hot flushes, feel sick a lot and have zero energy, now I am getting period pains pretty bad (not bed ridden bad).

What I want to know is what do I ask the GP to check me for now? - I am 45 (I may have posted about this before but the pain is getting flippin worse!)

born.a.girl

So the endocrinologist also is at a loss?

I'd ask for a full pituitary panel to be done - it may well have already been done if you've had a lot of blood tests.

seayork2002
Just now, born.a.girl said:

So the endocrinologist also is at a loss?

I'd ask for a full pituitary panel to be done - it may well have already been done if you've had a lot of blood tests.

Yes, they seem to be - I have had my blood results emailed to me so I can check what I have been checked for but I can't think of any thing blood related they have NOT checked for (well I am not a doctor but it takes them ages for them to go thought the results) and it covers everything I can think of .

The pituitary and prolactin is the two words that stand out more than most

Soontobegran

Presuming Thyroid Function Tests have been done?

seayork2002
1 minute ago, Soontobegran said:

Presuming Thyroid Function Tests have been done?

Yes, good point though! - both over and under have been tested and all normal 

• Like 1

born.a.girl

Google 'full pituitary panel' and see if what's listed there has been done. I appreciate prolactin has been.

• Like 1

tintin78

Have you been investigated for Endometriosis? Your symptoms are very common endo symptoms. A laparoscopy would be the only definitive way to see if this is the cause. 

• Like 2

ckmelb
1 hour ago, tintin78 said:

Have you been investigated for Endometriosis? Your symptoms are very common endo symptoms. A laparoscopy would be the only definitive way to see if this is the cause. 

I was going to say the same thing. Find a good gyno (I don't recall where you are based, if in Melbourne I have one that takes endo and similar pain seriously).

Also not sure if this is something you would be willing to try, but a very good acupuncturist could help regulate things in there. I saw a large number  of acupuncturists while I was trying to get pregnant and there are definitely some that are substantially better than others, even if it seems like they are doing the same thing.

• Like 1

Not Escapin Xmas

Do you take Nexium by any chance? That turned out to be the culprit with me with a lot of the same symptoms...

• Like 1

seayork2002
3 hours ago, Not Escapin Xmas said:

Do you take Nexium by any chance? That turned out to be the culprit with me with a lot of the same symptoms...

No I was on Dostinex but not for a while now, thanks everyone I think one of the doctors mentioned Endometriosis a while ago but can't remember if they ruled it out so will ask my GP about it and will look into the other things mentionend

• Like 4