can'tstayaway

Qld State Election 2020

can'tstayaway

The writs have been issued and the date is set for October 31.  

I genuinely don’t know who to vote for.  I dislike the major party candidates and don’t know who else is running.

Nominations close on Sunday 11th.

It looks like it’s going to be a choice of the least bad.  

purplekitty

Adani is a big sticking point for me.

My sitting Labor MP rang and we had an hour long conversation, read argument, about Labor policies.

I'm sure she was ringing around because the Greens are a major threat in the inner city.

• Like 1

can'tstayaway

Yep, Adani is an issue for me too.  And the approvals of the other mines recently.  The unions have her by the short and curlies.

I’m also in a seat that is likely to vote in the Greens.  I’ve been trying to get the candidate to state their position on border restrictions but they haven’t replied or it’s just their Pre approved electioneering material.

I don’t trust Deb Frecklington or the LNP.  She doesn’t have the support of her own party and wouldn’t be able to control them if she did win government.

foom

Adani is a big issue for me to, but I understand Labor is stuck. Whether I like it or not, there are a lot of people who do want mining to continue and new mines. I may think they have been misled by the promises made by certain people but this is a democracy.

I'd rather Labor than LNP in government any day. But I actually like my local member who is LNP. Probably one of the few that are somewhat little l liberal so I would like to vote for him, just not the rest of his party.

The other candidate is from the Informed Medical Options Party. No thanks I like flouride in the water and I'm pro-vax. At least I know who to put last.

• Like 1

Team Awesome

Some years I work from the bottom of the list up when preparing my own how to vote - LNP, Clive, ON all jostle for that bottom number as I know is the state will be worse off under any of those. I’m in an area that could swing to ON so I need to make sure our votes count. 

Thanks  for the reminder not to answer unknown calls the last federal election drove me mental from them and the recorded messages. 

purplekitty

Since I've lived in Qld.,30 years now,I don't believe the LNP has ever offered a viable option as a government.

• Like 2

JustCurious100

Fingers crossed for a covid safe sausage sizzle!

purplekitty

And here we go.

Politics in one of Queensland’s most hotly contested seats, South Brisbane, has turned ugly over a social media post.

The Greens' South Brisbane branch secretary posted on her personal Twitter account a news article quoting the electorate's Labor MP, Jackie Trad, adding: "This party is the nastiest skank b**ch I've ever met. DO NOT TRUST THEM. they are a fugly s*ut!!!!!" to the tweet.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/queensland/politics-gets-dirty-in-south-brisbane-in-week-one-as-greens-taunt-alp-20201008-p563e5.html?fbclid=IwAR3CgAPgb2Hz-zPPEwgIFnXj8PRF_UC2X865UQspfx8CnFdc1zuUZpd8Y88

He's wrong. :rofl:

Nobody wants to speak to him.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-09/campbell-newman-says-lnp-treat-him-like-voldemort-qld-election/12747790

Edited by purplekitty
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

~Jolly_F~

I am leaving - so who do you want me to leave you with??

The pickings are slim this way.. 

Most likely I will vote Labor with a side of greens (if there is a greens candidate)! 

Edited by ~Jolly_F~

Hands Up

Jesus that branch secretary should be sacked. Doesn’t matter what side of politics you are on that is so unprofessional.

• Like 4

purplekitty
9 hours ago, ~Jolly_F~ said:

I am leaving - so who do you want me to leave you with??

The pickings are slim this way.. 

Most likely I will vote Labor with a side of greens (if there is a greens candidate)! 

How much time do you have for me to list them?

Meepy

She’s a woman, in Scummo’s mind, why would he take her?  Probably not his choice as leader, either, should be at home looking after the kids and chickens.

can'tstayaway

It seems Morrison has avoided photo ops with her too.

I reckon he knows she’s a slim chance of winning and will unlikely retain the leadership of the State LNP so he doesn’t want to be seen as too close to her.

Elements of the Party are actually screwed up enough to want to lose the election so that DF doesn’t win and become leader which would cement her power and authority.  They would rather lose, get rid of her and start afresh with their, likely male, preferred leader.  And the LNP wonder why the electorate don’t like them.

• Like 2

~Jolly_F~
5 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

I reckon he knows she’s a slim chance of winning and will unlikely retain the leadership of the State LNP so he doesn’t want to be seen as too close to her.

Elements of the Party are actually screwed up enough to want to lose the election so that DF doesn’t win and become leader which would cement her power and authority.  They would rather lose, get rid of her and start afresh with their, likely male, preferred leader.  And the LNP wonder why the electorate don’t like them.

You seem very confident that the LNP won’t win? I wish I shared that confidence.. 

can'tstayaway
7 minutes ago, ~Jolly_F~ said:

You seem very confident that the LNP won’t win? I wish I shared that confidence.. 

Wishful thinking 😁

You’re in North Qld right?  That’s always been more independent/conservative leaning territory.  Labor just has to hold the seats they have, they don’t need to win LNP seats.  Their biggest threat are the Greens in the city seats.  It wouldn’t take much of a swing for the Greens to take them.  At the last election, Jackie Trad only won based on LNP preferences and in this election, the LNP are referencing the Greens.

The ALP have also been attacked and undermined by certain unions.  It’s partly why the recent mining approvals got rushed through - to appease the unions.  Don’t know if it’s enough on its own but the LNP are not offering a viable alternative.

Romeo Void
30 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

I think maybe he'd gotten wind of the fact she was going to be thrown to the election watchdog by her own party.  He was putting distance between them.

• Like 1

purplekitty

• Confused 2

purplekitty

image.thumb.png.fd925daa1d1672f9429cc78254c6b6b8.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bethlehem Babe

Didn’t you hear, it was just a joke! He’s hilarious. Or not. 

purplekitty
Just now, Bethlehem Babe said:

Didn’t you hear, it was just a joke! He’s hilarious. Or not. 

Of course,the funniest jokes are always about oppressing women.

• Like 6

Lesley225

Can't see anything amusing in that...

Sancti-claws

I can see how that would be a sarcastic and amusing comment - however, it is all about context and who you are addressing and when you are running for election and in a party where its not a given that your potential voters wouldn't take it in a light vein (or indeed opposition voters who will jump on it) then it doesn't show smarts.  Perhaps an education was wasted there?

I am just glad that I rethought my visiting my folks this month, as it is indeed LNP heartland and I am often reminded that I disappoint with my greenie commie views on offer whenever the trumpet is blown (and my father blows the trumpet often).

Disclaimer - my aunt was actually a federal Liberal senator in the 70s and member in the 80s and she would have absolutely eviscerated someone making such a throwaway comment.  She had bumper stickers "A Woman's Place Is In The House - Of Representatives"

• Like 3

purplekitty

Dirty tricks from the forced birthers Cherish Life,including dodgyness to get around election donations.

Who'd have thunk it?

Is lying and deceit one of the Commandments?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/16/lnp-senator-and-broncos-chairman-back-queensland-anti-abortion-campaign-containing-baseless-claims?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=soc_568&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1602821652

• Sad 1

purplekitty

Is anyone watching?