Silver Girl

Nappies larger than size 6

Silver Girl

DD is 4 and still needs a night nappy. She’s outgrowing the current nappies (Coles size 6/16kg+).

Is there a larger nappy available at supermarkets or online? I’d like one with tabs rather than pullups/Dry Nights etc, as sometimes she does a poo on waking and I hate taking off dirty pullups. (Or alternatively any tips on removal would be very welcome.)

I’m open to MCN and used them before she day TT, but having said that she’s a very heavy wetter and sometimes even leaks through the disposables.

laridae
Posted (edited)

My 6 year old wears huggies nappy pants size 6 to bed. I think they are a little bigger than the nappies, as DH brought nappies home accidentally once and they were a little small.

Edited by laridae
  • Like 1

Kiwi Bicycle

Huggies Dry nights are the largest disposal nappy, as they are for kids up to age 8 or 9.  My suggestion for taking dirty pull ups off is to take her next to the toilet ( so over a wipable surface), undo one side, hold the crutch of the nappy ( so with the poo) and then do the other side.  Tip poo if solid striaght, into the toilet.

I had trouble TT my DS ( ovreractive bladder plus was a hider when he pooed. He wasn't day TT until he was 5) so I understand the struggle and no judgement, but is there anyway you can train her out of pooing in her nappy or is there other issues at play? 

If you want to go the reuseable nappy route, google incontinence aids for children. They will have larger sized nappies. 

• Like 1

Green Sage

The sides of pull ups easily rip apart, then they come off like a normal nappy. Have you tried that?

as mentioned, the dry nights have 2 sizes, I think, that are bigger than the size 6 nappies. 

• Like 5

Hands Up

DS1 was in night nappies until 5.5

We found the expensive overnight nappies leaked. We went back to Woolworths brand little ones 15-25kg or baby love 15-25 kg if on special. 
Is she holding on to poos and that’s why it’s happening in the morning? Both my kids had constipation on and off for years. It was movicol under medical supervision that saved us from those patterns. 

• Like 1

TheirMum2

We also use Huggies Drynites. If my DD has pooed I just lay her down and undo both sides of the pull-up like I would a normal nappy. The middle size is for 17-30kgs and there is a larger size if needed (we use this size - my DD is 21kgs). There are boy and girl specific nappies - my little girl is devastated as she would love to wear the Spiderman design. Good luck and I hope you find something that does what your DD needs.

• Like 1

Not Escapin Xmas

The sides on night nappies come apart down the seams, presumably made for situations like yours. DD is 9 and very nearly toilet trained, which is exciting :) Hopefully your DD will get there earlier than my DD!

• Like 1

PrincessPeach

SHP sandman’s were always the go to recommended for heavy night wetting babies for cloth nappies. And I know there are other options out there if you think you are going to be in it for the long haul.

They have a size guide on their website so you can have a look around to see if they might fit & there is always the secondhand market for cloth nappies.

My 20kg 4 year old still fits into the older style baby beehinds bamboo fitted nappies & I have large sized PUL covers for him.

• Like 1

MumsyToBigOnes

I don’t understand the ‘hate taking off dirty pull ups’ thing? There is no difference in pull ups than a nappy. The pull ups are designed to easily rip down each side with no effort so you can get them off easily without mess anywhere, so really they are actually easier to get off with less mess than a nappy! 

• Like 1

Murderino

My 9 year old still needs a night nappy and I use Babylove  Junior nappypants.

• Like 1

melanieb530

Muderino, do you mean the older kids overnight pull ups not younger kids nappies? 10 year old DD using the Huggies I'm wondering how do the Huggies compare to the Babylove? I probably should just buy a packet and try for myself but I remember with the Babylove nappies compared to the huggies nappies that the Babylove in the same sizing seemed bigger and leaked more so I went to the Huggies dry nights 

• Like 1

Kallie88

We use Aldi pull ups for our 4yo, they do easily rip down the sides if there's poo same as the others. we've tried mcn but when she wees it's just too much so we went back to the pull ups. 

• Like 1

Silver Girl

Thanks all. I’ve learned something - I didn’t know the sides of pull ups ripped easily. That will make my life easier!

I’ll look into the MCN suggestions too. I hate sending single use nappies to landfill unless absolutely necessary.

Murderino
20 hours ago, melanieb530 said:

Muderino, do you mean the older kids overnight pull ups not younger kids nappies? 10 year old DD using the Huggies I'm wondering how do the Huggies compare to the Babylove? I probably should just buy a packet and try for myself but I remember with the Babylove nappies compared to the huggies nappies that the Babylove in the same sizing seemed bigger and leaked more so I went to the Huggies dry nights 

It is these ones:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/711380?cmpid=smsm:ds:GOOGLE:Woolies_8458_BAU_Shopping_Smart_Others_WW-0001:PRODUCT_GROUP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxPDhgqKd7AIVUyUrCh1Bfw78EAQYAiABEgLnRPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used cloth till he got too big and flooded them and I couldn't get enough absorbency in them.  Then I got Babylove in a smaller size and we never tried anything else.

• Thanks 1

melanieb530

Thanks Murderino, will try them for size if they still fit your 9yo.