Sign in to follow this  
Wonderstruck

SCN tips for a newbie

Kaz83

Absolutely fantastic news!! Enjoy being in your own space and being able to pick her up whenever you like!!

Wonderstruck

She will be discharged Saturday. Slightly nervous as they don't have facilities to room in...

• Like 3

Riotproof

Love to you, @wonderstruck. 
I’m really surprised they don’t have facilities for that. 

Wonderstruck
3 hours ago, Riotproof said:

Love to you, @wonderstruck. 
I’m really surprised they don’t have facilities for that. 

It's a lovely special care nursery (bub has their own room) at a Private Hospital but there is only a recliner. I'm not that surprised as when I had bub there maternity was full and they set up an overflow ward on an old unused ward and they've been doing that a lot. I think they're planning to expand the hospital maternity ward in the future as it's very popular. 

• Like 1

Riotproof

Ah. I had my kids at a big tertiary hospital. They had three parents rooms for the nicu and special care nursery to use before sending first timers home. Upon reflection, we didn’t need it for Dd. 
Either way I am so glad you are getting her home. That has to be the best news I’ve heard recently. 

• Like 1

blueskies12

That is wonderful news. Saturday is close! How nice to be home all together.

Ellie bean
5 hours ago, Wonderstruck said:

It's a lovely special care nursery (bub has their own room) at a Private Hospital but there is only a recliner. I'm not that surprised as when I had bub there maternity was full and they set up an overflow ward on an old unused ward and they've been doing that a lot. I think they're planning to expand the hospital maternity ward in the future as it's very popular. 

Different circumstances but I got surprisingly good at sleeping g on those recliners!

I hope she is home safe and sound really soon 

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

She's home. It's been a stressful day as DD1 woke up with croup and I was worried about bringing DD2 home. The neonatal paed wasn't worried and said it's bound to happen.

I feel like I'm learning all this again and stressed about the night ahead but hoping my anxieties settle soon. 

• Like 4

Kaz83

Wonderful news she is home (not about the croup!!) 

You do feel like it's all new, the nurses kept saying to me "you've done this twice before" and I said yes, but not with a premmie!! 

I'm sure you will be settled in in no time. Enjoy being home!!

• Like 1

Riotproof

@Wonderstruck i am so glad she is home! 

it is daunting, and a bit scary. I hope you’ve got DH around for practical support.

You’ve been amazing. Post in here if you need to overnight. There are night owls and people in wa. We’ll help in anyway we can.

• Like 2

Wonderstruck
5 minutes ago, Riotproof said:

@Wonderstruck i am so glad she is home! 

it is daunting, and a bit scary. I hope you’ve got DH around for practical support.

You’ve been amazing. Post in here if you need to overnight. There are night owls and people in wa. We’ll help in anyway we can.

Thank you! It's so anticlimactic and such a strange way to come home with a baby!

• Like 3

lucky 2

Best wishes for tonight, she'll probably sleep after feeds until she gets closer to term, then all bets are off!😊

xx

• Like 1

blueskies12

Hope tonight goes well. I think it is very understandable you would be anxious if your DD1 isn't 100%. Go easy on yourself. Come on here or www.everybump.com.au if you feel like chatting. We are here for you!

blackcat20

Glad she's home, best of luck for the first night.

gatheringpieces

Just sending some love to you x hope DD1 feels better soon too

Wonderstruck

Thanks all. She's been very grunty and squirmy. I can't remember what's normal especially as DD1 was a very unsettled reflux and allergy baby. 

I'm feeling a bit less anxious after the first night. Just hoping DD1 doesn't share her germs!

• Like 1