Silver Girl

Getty Images/Stocksy

Silver Girl

My DS has developed an interest in photography.

I had the idea that he could put some of his images on a stock image website like Getty Images or Stocksy etc. I want to encourage him - lockdown is taking its toll on him - and just know how rapt he would be if any of his photos were used somewhere (knowing that this may be quite unlikely).

Do you know how this all works, is it something an ordinary person can do relatively easily? Any tips?

Kiwi Bicycle

Would he like his photos used by artists and turned into art? I am a member of Paint my Photo website as an artist. They take all sorts of photos and if artists use them they are required to post a picture of the artwork created from them. People also leaves comments etc. It's  a nice and and take situation.

• Like 2

Silver Girl

Thanks Kiwi Bicycle - that sounds awesome and also very interesting. Do you photograph or paint?

Edit - I just reread your post and can see you’re an artist.

Edited by Silver Girl

ghost_cat

A possible option is Unsplash.  It doesn't cost anything to upload/contribute and while they ask users to attribute you, they don't have to.  You can always reverse Google image search to see if your image has been used. That aside, it was a bit of fun for me to see if there was interest in my photos.  I had one of my photos picked up to promote the Antarctica 3D experience at the National Museum in Canberra, which was a nice ego boost.

• Like 1

little lion

I don’t know the specifics but artists can sell their work printed on to various items like phone cases on RedBubble. 

• Like 1