Nozycat

Junior Masterchef

Nozycat

I love Masterchef and adooore Junior Masterchef.  So looking forward to this and am loving the ads.

• Like 2

Chchgirl

Same, I really like it 😁

• Like 1

FiveAus

When does it start?

Bam1

I love Masterchef but won’t watch Junior Masterchef  - it’s too nice. Not that I want the Judges to be nasty to the children - I think they handle the tone with the children well, its just not gritty enough for me.

• Like 3

Mose

When does it start? We don't normally watch commercial tv, but DS loves MasterChef, so willing to give this a go in lockdown at least....

Catzilla

October 11 I thought I heard it starts.

Nozycat
10 hours ago, Bam1 said:

I love Masterchef but won’t watch Junior Masterchef  - it’s too nice. Not that I want the Judges to be nasty to the children - I think they handle the tone with the children well, its just not gritty enough for me.

That's why I love it, I have so much gritty in my life, nice to have something that is so feel good for me.

• Like 3

Chchgirl

Look I'm a huge Jock fan, he can yell at me any day.

But i love Junior Masterchef cos those kids are so talented. 

They inspire me while I heat up nuggets in the airfryer 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

PuddingPlease

Thank you for posting this, my kids would really enjoy it but I probably wouldn't have known to look out for it. What channel is it on?

hills mum bec

Looking forward to it.  I haven’t seen any ads except for the preview during the MC grand final.  Love the new judges.

eponee

I was just flicking through the latest No Idea (dont judge me!!!) and read that one of Sashi's (2018 winner) children is in this season

Nozycat

Yes have seen him on the ads.

Nozycat

Just watched the first ep and loved it, makes me smile so much.  Those kids are amazing.

• Like 3

Riotproof

We are watching it next day with miss 5. So cute. She (and me too) really like Ben, but they are all soooo cute. 

• Like 3

hills mum bec

I watched it.  The talent of some of those kids is amazing.  I'm not usually a fan of shows with Junior contestants, I find it a bit cringy.  Will see how I go with this show.

• Like 1

Sancti-claws

We are watching it in replay the day (or so) after.

• Like 1

RynandStompy

We watched  it on 10play last night. It was good they didn't delay and made it available from 7.30pm, as we don't have actual TV reception at our place. 

The show was lovely, and the competitors are so talented and engaging.

However, this was the first time in about a year, we've watched a show as if it was free to air.

We could deal with having ads, but I was frankly surprised and disappointed that ads for SportsBet, Bojack Horseman &  SouthPark, and Jack Daniels were deemed suitable for Junior Masterchef audience. I feel like an elderly wowser for saying it, but it seems off to normalise and advertise those to a  tween audience - because they will be watching. Obviously the money for prime placement ads is the priority for 10.

Just because 10 can, doesn't mean it should.

• Like 7

Chchgirl

It's not bad at all, not too cringey.

These kids put me to shame 🤣

• Like 1

amdirel

I watched it tonight. So far no one too obnoxious,  which is why I always avoid "junior" shows. That little Ben is sooo adorable!

I must say though, most of these kids I don't believe they have this much skill and knowledge without a good bit of hothousing, and scripting.

Also- money. What 12 year old has repeated experience cooking with ruby chocolate, duck breast etc? 

Edited by amdirel
  • Like 6

Sancti-claws

lol loved one little fellow (we have only seen 1/2 of the 1st episode) who admitted to having lobster several times a week.  I am assuming that someone in the family is a lobster fisherman or wholesaler.

9 hours ago, RynandStompy said:

We watched  it on 10play last night. It was good they didn't delay and made it available from 7.30pm, as we don't have actual TV reception at our place. 

The show was lovely, and the competitors are so talented and engaging.

However, this was the first time in about a year, we've watched a show as if it was free to air.

We could deal with having ads, but I was frankly surprised and disappointed that ads for SportsBet, Bojack Horseman &  SouthPark, and Jack Daniels were deemed suitable for Junior Masterchef audience. I feel like an elderly wowser for saying it, but it seems off to normalise and advertise those to a  tween audience - because they will be watching. Obviously the money for prime placement ads is the priority for 10.

Just because 10 can, doesn't mean it should.

We didn't notice any ads of such ilk - in fact, DD was happy because we wouldn't have too many "horrible" ads (we have been watching a zoo show on the Nine platform and the amount of action shows being advertised is cringy)

• Like 1

BadCat

While I can take or leave the normal Masterchef, I love Junior Masterchef.  There's just one kid there that annoys me.  I won't say who because I don't want to attack some kid online.  I have a favourite though.  I want Georgia to win.

• Like 1

RynandStompy
1 hour ago, Sancti-claws said:

We didn't notice any ads of such ilk - in fact, DD was happy because we wouldn't have too many "horrible" ads (we have been watching a zoo show on the Nine platform and the amount of action shows being advertised is cringy)

That's interesting and good to know.

We're  going to watch the rest on delay so can manage earlier bedtime for school nights. I wonder if the ads change if you watch later, or if there's a extra filter somewhere we could add.

It's the first time in months we've watched any show on 10Play. I'm glad I mentioned it because now I know there could  be a way to filter their ads.

Riotproof

I record it on my pvr so we can skip ads. Didn’t notice any awful ones. They’d be bound by regulations on tv at 7.30 I think? 

• Like 1

amdirel
3 hours ago, Riotproof said:

I record it on my pvr so we can skip ads. Didn’t notice any awful ones. They’d be bound by regulations on tv at 7.30 I think? 

You would think so, but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't breaking any rules.

I had an email battle with a couple of official agencies earlier this year (they were both passing the buck to each other, so I got nowhere), when I was watching a tweeny PG rated movie with the kids in the evening, and the ad for the sex toy shop came on, you know, the one that shows thrusting and people's faces mid-orgasm? My kids were horrified and incredibly uncomfortable and took themselves immediately to bed. But that ad and the channel were not breaking any rules apparently. I am so freaking p!ssed off about it. But I have no other action to take. :(

• Like 2

Riotproof

Probably another reason why live tv is dying. 

• Like 1