Riotproof

I lost my purse today ...

Riotproof

Didn’t even have time to notice yet, and I’ve just had a knock on the door. A man was there returning it to me. Feeling quite chuffed by it, it’s never happened to me before. Such a nice thing. 

Also feeling quite stupid because I know exactly how I dropped it. 

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 23

BECZ

That’s great to hear!  

I read the title of your post and though, oh no!

Just goes to show that there are still honest people out there.

My mum was visiting us a few weeks ago and I sent her to a stand along supermarket the next suburb over, rather than going into our large shopping centre.  This suburb is largely made up of DOH tenants and the bulk of it surrounds this store.

Well, I gave mum $50 (much to her disgust) as we needed garlic bread to have with dinner.  

Surprisingly she used my money, but bought other stuff for the kids (treats) with her own money.  Well she put the $40+ change in her pocket to give back to me and returned home to notice that the $40 in notes had fallen out of her pocket. 

It had just become dark, so she rushed back to check that it hadn’t fallen out as she got in the car and by chance was still there.  I told her to just go back in and ask as she it may have fallen out at the checkout and sometimes people are honest, well low and behold, she dropped at the store entry and someone had handed it in!  As my mum said, “It restored her faith in humanity!”

I had already kissed that money goodbye!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Riotproof

Yes. I was honestly so shocked I said thank you over and over. 
so lucky for your mum. 

• Like 2

Lifesgood

That's lovely Riotproof 🥰

I once had a couple knock on my door returning DHs drivers license which he lost when he went for a run one day.

There are plenty of good people in the world.

• Like 4

Sancti-claws

My mum dropped her phone in the car park at the local shopping centre at Christmas - we got a call from the daughter of the lady who had found it (the lady was similar vintage to my mum, so requiring daughterly assistance!)

I love restoration of faith in human spirit - we need it so much these days.

Edited by Sancti-claws
  • Like 3