MadMarchMasterchef

Calling centrelink....

MadMarchMasterchef

I made a minor typo when applying for CCS - put in wrong return to work date by a couple of days,  but wont affect my income.   

I suppose I need to call them to let them know.  I have a hyperactive toddler,  when is the best time of day to call them?  Are people managing to get through currently? 

(My claim was approved and I cant see how to edit the claim on mygov) 

Squeekums The Elf

I rang a couple weeks ago and got through in a few minutes mid morning. I was so shocked I actually remarked to the woman it was the fastest pick up I've ever had on centerlink, she seemed rather chuffed lol

Dp has rung a few times over last few months and wait time has gone from over an hour to 5 minutes on some calls, varied times of day

I don't want to jinx anything but they may have put call center staff on for once. 

• Like 1

BECZ

Think they added lots of staff for Covid. 

I had to call them twice, once Just after lockdowns for Covid started (not related, but couldnt really wait) and again about 4 weeks later.  Both times, I was off the phone within 15 minutes!  Totally shocked!

Once was mid morning and the other around 3pm.

Edited by BECZ
Typo
  • Like 1

seayork2002

I remember having to call and visit centrelink a lot for my much younger siblings when I was a teenager there was always something! it was a while ago now but first thing in the morning the second the lines opened was best and then at 10am or 11am seemed to be a quiet time so not sure if that is like this now

also try the 'calling from overseas direct number' that worked for me for another call center place

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef

Thats great if they added more staff!   Employs people and reduces the stress for existing employees. 👍

• Like 1

Squeekums The Elf
4 hours ago, MadMarchMasterchef said:

Thats great if they added more staff!   Employs people and reduces the stress for existing employees. 👍

We can hope, shame it took a pandemic

• Like 1

klr75

8am in the dot was always the time to call. But as above they are well staffed at the moment.  A good friend of mine works there and only told me about a week ago if I had any questions or issues wait times are minimal!!

• Like 1

amaza

I have had to call the disability line twice in the last couple of months and both times have had no wait to get through. Both times I was completely shocked.

• Like 1

ImperatorFuriosa

In the last 5 years when I do need to ring them I never get through.

MadMarchMasterchef
9 hours ago, ImperatorFuriosa said:

In the last 5 years when I do need to ring them I never get through.

That was the issue I had - I have previous threads on here about being disconnected after waiting on hold for an hour.😡   -  hence the thread now.  Its also really hard for me to ring at 8am as I have 3 kids to drop off, and have to get to work myself! 

ImperatorFuriosa
32 minutes ago, MadMarchMasterchef said:

That was the issue I had - I have previous threads on here about being disconnected after waiting on hold for an hour.😡   -  hence the thread now.  Its also really hard for me to ring at 8am as I have 3 kids to drop off, and have to get to work myself! 

That would be very annoying. I went in person one time and I thought nope and turned around and left. The crowd was huge.

Murderino
20 hours ago, MadMarchMasterchef said:

It’s only great if they weren’t hired by labour hire companies and then contracted to Centrelink AND will be kept on after the LNP voter base who didn’t need access before COVID go back to not needing access.

• Like 2