Sign in to follow this  
Hands Up

Rubber toed trainers/sneakers

Hands Up

I’ve been looking for trainers for a while in a size 1 for a five year old and am having no luck. I thought EB might be able to help! It seems this style of shoe (where the rubber covers the top 2 cm of the shoe) ages out but DS2 is a serial shoe scuffer and kills his shoes before he grows out of them! 
Has anyone seen this style in a bigger size?

Paddlepop

This often gets mentioned in back to school threads. One of the main English online shops has them. Boden maybe, or M&S, or something like that?

BECZ

I think most people get them from M&S.  I haven’t personally tried them, but I’m sure there ar3 plenty of others that have and I don’t remember any bad feedback.

What colour are you after? 

Hands Up

Oh they would be good for school thank you and I’ll definitely get some but I’m also after trainers (more like sport shoes). Any colour fine 🙂

Edited by Hands Up

BornToLove

DD wears out her shoes in the toes faster than she outgrows them. I find ASICS are decent as they tend to have leather around the toe area more than other brands. Some just have a plastic coating over the toes (nikes in particular). 

• Like 1

CrankyM

We’ve had these before. https://www.asics.com/au/en-au/gt-2000-8-gs/p/0020018509.402 
I got 6 months out of them and they still look mostly fine, just the kid outgrew them. Where we live, getting 6 months out of a shoe is pretty good. This is them being worn 5-6 days a week. They don’t have the rubber come up like the other ones but they have a reinforced “leather” section on the toe that helps with wear and tear. 

Edited by CrankyM

BECZ

We recently bought DS2 these as he has to have predominantly white ot black shoes for everyday school uniform.

https://www.google.com.au/shopping/product/17635837659172345813?q=adidas+kids+shoes&client=safari&hl=en-au&biw=1024&bih=666&tbs=vw:g,ss:44&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ALeKk036p1PfbkBd2fpyv0bxpIiRCmUOrg:1600793939498&prds=epd:970071568555548412,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

They come in Velcro too

https://www.google.com.au/shopping/product/3122995354543248945?q=adidas+kids+shoes&client=safari&hl=en-au&biw=1024&bih=666&tbs=vw:g,ss:44&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ALeKk036p1PfbkBd2fpyv0bxpIiRCmUOrg:1600793939498&prds=epd:13321963648166214842,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

They’re not ideal as a sports shoe, but fine for running around the playground, playing handball etc.

ETA...just incase you can’t tell, the entire toe area, leading up to the tongue is rubber.

Edited by BECZ

Prancer is coming

We have had the marks and Spencer ones and they were really hardy..  The toe was very much still in tact - my kids wore out the sole first instead!

Edited by Prancer is coming