JomoMum

If you had three days to yourself

JomoMum

What would you want to do?

A friend and I have booked three nights away in a beautiful cottage on a large property on the NSW mid north coast, but a bit inland. 

Ive never done this before, and am unlikely to get the chance to do it again, so I want to try and make the most of it!! 

What would you want to do? Sleep? Watch movies? Walk? Read books? 

Food suggestions? I’m planning a spicy curry that my kids wouldn’t normally eat haha 😍

Any worthy R rated movies? Drinking games? 🙃

• Like 1

Let-it-go

Omg well where would I start.  I’d pack books, really good booze, research and book some good restaurants, look up bushwalks and go for at least 1 big walk.  I also enjoy a town with nice shops to wander.  I love having at least 1 late morning - sleep in, wake up make coffee & breaky, take it back to bed, read for at least an hr.  When I’m away with friends, I always warn them that I will do that 1 morning, they are welcome to breakfast without me. 

I probably wouldn’t waste my time on movies, I can do that at home. 

HAVE FUN!!!!!

ETA if there are no restaurants then I’d do at least 1 easy dinner of cheese, pate, bread, nibble stuff, that kind of thing.

Edited by Let-it-go
  • Like 5

José

I'd want to find a day spa. 

• Like 3

Tinky Winky Woo

Books, no cooking, just relaxing without having a plan.  Eating when I want what I want

• Like 3

blueskies12
1 hour ago, Let-it-go said:

Omg well where would I start.  I’d pack books, really good booze, research and book some good restaurants, look up bushwalks and go for at least 1 big walk.  I also enjoy a town with nice shops to wander.  I love having at least 1 late morning - sleep in, wake up make coffee & breaky, take it back to bed, read for at least an hr.  When I’m away with friends, I always warn them that I will do that 1 morning, they are welcome to breakfast without me. 

I probably wouldn’t waste my time on movies, I can do that at home. 

HAVE FUN!!!!!

ETA if there are no restaurants then I’d do at least 1 easy dinner of cheese, pate, bread, nibble stuff, that kind of thing.

Oh this sounds like heaven!

I'd particularly like it if they had antique, quirky shops, or shops that sold arty/crafty type things....with coffee and cake afterwards

• Like 5

Freddie'sMum

Everything you have suggested OP - sleep in, eat food that the kids turn their noses up at, wander, potter around, find some local arty crafty type shops and just browse without having to rush anywhere ... sounds like heaven.

Edited by Freddie'sMum
  • Like 1

Kallie88

My friend and i went to the country overnight like a year ago and did a ghost tour lol, that was fun. Sleep in, dinner out. Only one night but was very nice.

I'd want a good mix of doing stuff you couldn't usually/ without heaps of extra effort because kids, and also relaxing time. Since it's with a friend i'd keep movies on the cards, as much as I love reading it doesn't really lend itself to a social trip

Have fun op!

• Like 2

ineedmorecoffee

Sleep in, late breakfast at a nice cafe, wander around markets or shops, stop for coffee and cake,  nice dinner out or cheese platter with wine followed by a classic rom com.

Just realised that sounds all a bit too city like and not something you would necessarily do in the country 😐

• Like 1

JRA
2 hours ago, JomoMum said:

What would you want to do?

A friend and I have booked three nights away in a beautiful cottage on a large property on the NSW mid north coast, but a bit inland. 

Ive never done this before, and am unlikely to get the chance to do it again, so I want to try and make the most of it!! 

What would you want to do? Sleep? Watch movies? Walk? Read books? 

Food suggestions? I’m planning a spicy curry that my kids wouldn’t normally eat haha 😍

Any worthy R rated movies? Drinking games? 🙃

Is it three days to yourself or three days with a friend.

JomoMum
8 hours ago, JRA said:

Is it three days to yourself or three days with a friend.

It’s three days without kids .. so they’re the same thing in my mind 🤷🏻‍♀️

JRA

Hard to reply. Three days with a friend is not something I desire

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

bubskitkat

I would sleep. Take long baths. Watch Netflix movies. Sleep more. Eat nice platers of food. Drink wine

• Like 2

JomoMum
2 hours ago, JRA said:

That’s ok 👍

magic_marker

I'll let you know when the Stage 4 restrictions are over and we're allowed into Regional Victoria.

klr75

Eat, drink, sleep, repeat......

BeAwesome

I've had a glorious 2 days off with no plans (kids are still home but old enough to occupy themselves for most of the part).  I finished one graphic novel I was reading, and started another, and finished another book I was reading.   Leisurely coffee and internet browsing.  Haven't cooked.  Played Nintendo.  Cleaned out my Inbox.  Booked a few appointments I haven't got around to making.  Watched some Netflix.  Bought a dress online.  Chatted with friends.  

~Peahen~
3 hours ago, JRA said:

Had to laugh because first thing I thought I'd do is ditch the friend.

Then I would put my headphones on and listen to audio books non stop while doing jigsaw puzzles on my tablet,  drink tea and eat savoys with crunchy peanut butter and boysenberry jam and enjoy the three days of not having to say a single word.  Ah bliss. 

• Like 5

YodaTheWrinkledOne

Sleep in

Book a massage/facial/pamper session for each day.

Do something local each day (e.g. visit local art gallery, potter about some local shops, go for a walk, etc)

Read, read, read. With a tea or cocktail at all times, depending on what I was in the mood for.

No cooking for the three days. About the most I would do would be put together a antipasto plate for 5 o'clock drinkies each night. I would google the recommended eating places before getting there and try visit a few of those places.

A friend and I are talking about doing something similar soon. We are planning to go somewhere where we can do some kind of cooking course while we are there. I suspect we will eat, read and sleep for most of it. 🤣

• Like 4

3babygirls

I honestly don't know what i'd do with myself.

I'm not good at 'relaxing'. I actually end up stressing more when i'm supposed to be relaxing. 
I'd do some wineries or cute shops, a swim, read, watch a movie etc. 

Hands Up

I do this once a year.

No complicated cooking, lots of snacks. Lots of wine.

Reading, board games, movies, napping.... 

We have no issues filling the time....

LambChop

I would do **** all, sleep, watch movies, eat nice food cooked by someone else

ImperatorFuriosa

Sleep in, read,  eat junk food, drink wine. 

Soontobe7
On 21/09/2020 at 9:05 PM, blueskies12 said:

Oh this sounds like heaven!

I'd particularly like it if they had antique, quirky shops, or shops that sold arty/crafty type things....with coffee and cake afterwards

All of this. Plus a massage and/or yoga class. 

Edited by Soontobe7
Didn't quote the post properly. 🤷‍♀️ All of the suggestions sound amazing! You can tell we have been locked in our houses with our kids for months on end.

Soontobe7
On 21/09/2020 at 9:52 PM, ineedmorecoffee said:

Sleep in, late breakfast at a nice cafe, wander around markets or shops, stop for coffee and cake,  nice dinner out or cheese platter with wine followed by a classic rom com.

Just realised that sounds all a bit too city like and not something you would necessarily do in the country 😐

This is all definitely stuff you would do in the country.

• Like 3

27plus

Don't plan anything. Eat, sleep, get up, decide what to do. Do nothing, do something. Google before you go what is there and then make plans to do them but if you dont do them no biggie. Three days of relaxing means you decide.