Green Sage

Lite n Easy, Jenny Craig, what else?

Green Sage

Need to shift some iso-weight. Thought I’d try lite n easy again, because I had great success with it before. But there are so many more options now.

can anyone recommend something? I’m in Melbourne and want 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, delivered to my door as a kick start. I don’t want a meal plan, I want it all done and delivered. Then maybe 5 days, lunch dinner only,  for a while to maintain. 

I don’t like to exercise other than a walk or bike ride. So I don’t need any fancy muscle building or high protein diets.

blue86

You foodz. Food is all fresh, and yummy

• Like 1

Green Sage
4 minutes ago, blue86 said:

They are quite tasty. But how does that work for breakfast and lunch? I don’t want to have to do any maths to add up calories or anything like that when I order. 

Green Sage
7 minutes ago, blue86 said:

Although, I just realised that I am at home all day now, working from home, so having a cooked lunch might be a good idea. I can easily heat it and eat it. Last time I was on lite n easy I was working, so their rolls and stuff were handy.

ok, they’re on the short list :) 

WaitForMe

We are on Chef Good, started a few weeks ago. We are really happy so far, new meals weekly, fresh and tasty, no weird ingredients.

• Like 1

blue86
23 minutes ago, Green Sage said:

They are quite tasty. But how does that work for breakfast and lunch? I don’t want to have to do any maths to add up calories or anything like that when I order. 

I took to work, there are some that can be eaten fresh, but I did have access to a microwave. For breakfast, I’m not a big eater in the morning so would have a protein shake or one of the protein brownies with coffee

• Like 1

Green Sage
17 minutes ago, WaitForMe said:

We are on Chef Good, started a few weeks ago. We are really happy so far, new meals weekly, fresh and tasty, no weird ingredients.

Ooh, they look good. Never heard of them before. Thanks! 

mumsoon1975

Dietlicious is the best of the (oh so many) brands I've tried. I found it a bit more fresh and less carb-y than Light n Easy. Think they also offer a kick-start plan.

NannyPlumPudding

I have heard good things about my muscle chef. 

nom_de_plume

My Mum gets YouFoodz for lunch and dinners. Just has porridge or toast for breakfast. The meals look a lot more appetising and varied than Lite n Easy or Weight Watchers.

I believe with Lite n Easy etc. You still have to purchase some things i.e. milk, some fruit so it's not all provided for you.

kerilyntaryn

Jenny Craig 

VVV

Just watch the salt content with the You Foodz, Lite N Easy etc - a dietician told me they tend to be high in salt. 

Green Sage
Just now, VVV said:

Just watch the salt content with the You Foodz, Lite N Easy etc - a dietician told me they tend to be high in salt. 

I used to add salt to my lite n easy meals. Lol. I’m a bit of a salt addict. I blame pregnancy, it was my pregnancy craving. 

• Haha 1

literally nobody

has anyone lost weight with lite n easy for eg? 

WaitForMe
3 hours ago, Green Sage said:

Ooh, they look good. Never heard of them before. Thanks! 

I chose them for their vegan options for me, DH gets meat ones. He has shifted quite a bit of weight on it, he makes himself a massive smoothie for lunch and has a "slim & trim" meal plan for dinner. I've lost a bit of weight too but I'm not so strict during the day plus my exercise has gone out the window with demanding work, childcare and remote learning

Green Sage
4 minutes ago, literally nobody said:

I did, 4 years ago.  Lost about 5kg. Which was quite a bit because i wasnt that big to begin with and im short.  Thats all i want to do this time. 5kg, id be very happy with that.  And i found it easy to keep it off because it reset my brain on appropriate portion sizes.  I did the 1500 calorie one too, with very little exercise. 

• Like 1

BusbyWilkes

OP, I’ve just come into this thread straight from the baking thread (for inspiration!) Having a giggle about the delicious things you bake - if I was doing that I would have more than 5kg to lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Green Sage
18 minutes ago, BusbyWilkes said:

OP, I’ve just come into this thread straight from the baking thread (for inspiration!) Having a giggle about the delicious things you bake - if I was doing that I would have more than 5kg to lose.

I have a method, that I call "moderation" and it goes like this, Its OK to have a giant slab of cheesecake, IF, thats ALL you eat that day lol.  I frequently skip lunch and go straight to dessert.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Green Sage

OK, so i have ordered some You Foodz for next week, cause they have next day delivery, i ordered their low calorie options. Ive ordered ChefGood for the week after, also the low calorie options.  I ordered lunches and dinners from both, And ill just have to try really really hard to have a light healthy breakfast and snack on fruit. I might do porridge sachets, for portion control, DH has soem in teh pantry already. If i fail with the snacks and breakfasts, ill go back to lite n easy, its easy to ahve discipline with lite n easy cause all your food for the day is covered, no thinking required. 

• Like 2

WaitForMe

I'm keen to hear your comparison of the two!

• Like 3

onyxmoon
5 hours ago, literally nobody said:

I lost 20kg a few years ago using lite and easy and then did a fair bit of exercise (mostly gym classes). I did a bit of a hybrid model so can't attribute entirely to L&E and only ate the dinners but I found the portions quite large and carb heavy so I often split the dinners into lunch and dinner with some fruit and a snack (almonds/yogurt/protein bar) in between.

Was great for kickstarting the weight loss of many years of the OCP and now that I'm not on it anymore, I've found it easy to maintain the weight loss. Like most I over did it - From 92kg and BMI of 29 to 67kg and BMI of 20 to now settling at an easier to maintain weight of 72kg or so.

• Like 2

literally nobody
3 hours ago, onyxmoon said:

I lost 20kg a few years ago using lite and easy and then did a fair bit of exercise (mostly gym classes). I did a bit of a hybrid model so can't attribute entirely to L&E and only ate the dinners but I found the portions quite large and carb heavy so I often split the dinners into lunch and dinner with some fruit and a snack (almonds/yogurt/protein bar) in between.

Was great for kickstarting the weight loss of many years of the OCP and now that I'm not on it anymore, I've found it easy to maintain the weight loss. Like most I over did it - From 92kg and BMI of 29 to 67kg and BMI of 20 to now settling at an easier to maintain weight of 72kg or so.

oh wow that’s fantastic, well done!

Green Sage
On 19/09/2020 at 2:16 PM, Green Sage said:

OK, so i have ordered some You Foodz for next week, cause they have next day delivery, i ordered their low calorie options. Ive ordered ChefGood for the week after, also the low calorie options.  I ordered lunches and dinners from both, And ill just have to try really really hard to have a light healthy breakfast and snack on fruit. I might do porridge sachets, for portion control, DH has soem in teh pantry already. If i fail with the snacks and breakfasts, ill go back to lite n easy, its easy to ahve discipline with lite n easy cause all your food for the day is covered, no thinking required. 

Update: not a fan of the Youfoodz. It all has that aeroplane-food aftertaste. And all the low calorie options are pretty much chicken and veg, and that got boring very quickly. Compared to lite n easy, for example, which has fresh salads and wraps as options, it’s not as good. Only good thing is you can order it whenever you want. 

expecting my chef-good delivery today. Hopefully it’s a bit better. It certainly seems to have more variety. 

missjones

I've been doing L&E this year - and am down 23kg so far with pretty much no exercise, just diet.

I like the not thinking part - everything delivered - although hate all the packaging!

re: comment above - only need to buy milk ... everything else supplied

Spring menu now has Vegetarian lunch option (so 2 choices for breaky, 3 for lunch, and a few new veg dinner options)

Also love all the different fresh salad options. lots of variety. not bored yet. We give ourselves a guilt free week off every few kg.

• Like 2

mandelbrot

I've tried Macros and so far it's been good. I was just done with spending time in the kitchen cooking separate meals for everyone. No breakfasts, though. No sandwich/wrap/salad things, though.