Sign in to follow this  
JasperAliBenji

Birthday present (blind child)

JasperAliBenji

Just want some tips/suggestions of a birthday present for a blind child. Not sure (besides the obvious) if there are certain things you shouldn't buy eg. Colouring in books??
I was thinking a book that can talk the theme for the party (The invitations) were paw patrol so I assume that's what his interested in... 

thanks in advance :) 

Living Type

As a parent of a child who has vision impairment things with noise or textures are good, such as plays dough, slime, magic sand is a good option. Also musical instruments, 

Fridge phonics a hit with my guy https://www.target.com.au/p/leapfrog-tad-s-fridge-phonics-magnetic-letter-set/62497879

puzzle of their name - the ones in the link are particularly nice as the letters are textured

https://www.tinyme.com.au/personalised-name-puzzle?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtZH7BRDzARIsAGjbK2bkQywZ2pqN3xqVYanbEhRo1FavRmtZw5RGeQkczRMhMiHHVF8ds5MaAv5GEALw_wcB

Dress up costume 

physical play equipment like tunnel, bilbo, 

rosie28

I’m assuming he’s 3-6 years old given he likes Paw Patrol. I’d go with kinetic sand and a heap of tools to go with it. Or sound blocks- they’re often rainbow and lovely looking but there are sets that make 10 different sounds and can be stacked and almost played like an instrument. 

• Like 1

rosie28

Or a musical marble tree? They’re good fun!

Or a Paw Patrol costume?

Edited by rosie28

JasperAliBenji

Thank you so much! They are really great suggestions! 

BECZ

Sorry, off topic, but I’m so glad that they brought back Fridge Phonics!

We bought a set over 10 years ago and I was looking to buy one for a friend’s child a few years ago and the only place I could find them listed was Toys R Us, but the didn’t ever have any stock and finally cut them out too.

It’s too late for anybody I know at the moment, but my kids loved it and they were learning at the same time.

Ours was old and plain square shaped, like the one in this 

but I presume the new shaped (well, not that new as I’m sure it was apple shaped when I was looking to buy it a few years ago) does the same things.

They’re fantastic if anybody with young kids was wondering.

Edited by BECZ