Sign in to follow this  
kadoodle

Multicoloured hair

kadoodle

DS1 is 16, and blonde. His beard (such that it is 🤣) is red. Is this common? His mates are telling him it’s weird. 

Riotproof

Hehehe! It might get more blonde as it grows assuming he wants to grow it. 

• Like 1

~Jolly_F~

It’s common in my family and for other blondes who grow beards.. 

• Like 2

auntycharlie

My husband is a redhead, his body hair is all ginger except for his underarm hair which is dark brown verging on black.

• Haha 3

22Fruitmincepies

My brother is dark blonde with red beard and leg hair. 

• Like 2

MadMarchMasterchef

I know a couple of guys with red hair and brown beard. 

• Like 1

Paddlepop

My DH is (was) blonde and has red in his whiskers. He's never grown a beard so I don't know how much there would be at a longer length but when he's due for a shave there's definitely red in there. 

Edited by Paddlepop
  • Like 1

Jane Jetson

Yep, DH is one of those redheads who go ginger and then blonde as they grow older. His beard is still bright red (aside from the grey bits) and was always much redder than his hair even back when I met him.

I used to know a bloke who had dark brown hair and blonde eyebrows and grew a red beard. He was just a friend of a friend though so I cannot report on the colour of his hair elsewhere!

• Haha 2

kadoodle
18 minutes ago, Jane Jetson said:

Yep, DH is one of those redheads who go ginger and then blonde as they grow older. His beard is still bright red (aside from the grey bits) and was always much redder than his hair even back when I met him.

I used to know a bloke who had dark brown hair and blonde eyebrows and grew a red beard. He was just a friend of a friend though so I cannot report on the colour of his hair elsewhere!

So he was kind of like a tortoiseshell cat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

doubledelight

My ex had mid brown hair but when he would grow a beard it had shades of red through it.

• Like 1

GingerbreadWoman

Lots of brown haired men in my family who have some red beard hairs. I wouldn’t have thought it was particularly uncommon. 

• Like 1

Jenflea

it's not just men who have reddish whiskers.

just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

kadoodle

Thanks everyone. I honestly don’t know many men with facial hair who aren’t dark skinned and dark haired.

Ozquoll

DH has very dark brown hair, but when he has a beard there's a noticeable sprinkling of auburn (and nowadays silver) in it. 

I did see a blonde man on TV with a beard the exact same shade of blonde as his hair, but that is an unusual combo - much more likely to have blonde hair/red beard or blonde hair/light brown beard IME. 

• Like 1

*bucket*

DH was a kind of brown/ginger/red head with a very red beard (now more grey), my Dad and Uncle were both dark brown haired but had red beards, DS was blonde as a youngster, then ashy, now more a light brown but he has a lot of red in his beard. 

• Like 1

born.a.girl

Husband is light brown haired, but had red in his beard.  I'm a full on auburn haired person, one of six auburn haired kids of two red-headed parents.   huge variations though, two went quite brown early in their twenties, one or two turned sandy, one still very auburn (nearly 70) and mine's half way between my two sisters - not going a nice grey - going dirty brown, but on top still quite auburn.

You'll have to take my word for it that one part of me has stayed bright auburn.   Perhaps that's why I don't remove it - leaves me clinging to some vestige of youth.

Daughter is seriously auburn, exactly like mine was.    Only two of my mother's grandchildren had auburn out of the 18 or so, not surprising given it has to come from both parents, and it's a recessive gene.

• Haha 3

BadCat

Certainly common for blond guys to have gingery beards. DC2 does.

• Like 3

Hypnic Jerk

My father was a red head when he was younger, before colour photos existed so I've never seen it.  It's been dark brown/black all my life.

He's now grown a feral beard which is grey, bar the middle section which is red.  DD thought he had dyed it.

• Like 1

Riotproof
1 hour ago, kadoodle said:

Thanks everyone. I honestly don’t know many men with facial hair who aren’t dark skinned and dark haired.

Ds has red hair and through his life it has been dark dark red as a baby, then orange, then more strawberry blonde, right now, it’s a brownish  orange but blonder at the roots. 

• Like 1

Redhead78

I have auburn hair (just in case my user name didn’t give it away). It has got darker as I have got older, most noticeably since I’ve had kids, and is mostly a dark brown now with auburn highlights. I don’t have a beard (at least not on my chin) but I can assure you that the carpet is a more intense red than the curtains 😜

My husband has very dark hair on his head but his beard had some ginger flecks when he was younger, now it is more salt and pepper 

• Like 2

rosie28

Very common if he has any Celtic ancestry. My dad, brother and husband all have it. Not completely red beards but mostly red, and blonde, brown and almost black head hair respectively. 

Edited by rosie28
  • Like 2

ytt

I would say DS was strawberry blond as a kid and kind of darkened, not red, not brown but he has the most ranga beard and he doesn't shave often lol

Only problem is I'm colour blind so when people say DS is a red head I didn't believe them. I'm kind of the same colouring and definitely a ranga where you can't see lol

• Like 1

1ds1dd

My husband was blonde....back when he had hair and if he grows a beard it is BRIGHT red!

CrankyM

See my husband was brown/auburn tinted hair (more grey now) but his beard, well scruff as he’s doesn’t really grow in in, comes through black as night. He had strawberry blonde hair as a kid. (Grandmother was a true redhead). 

• Like 2