Sign in to follow this  
JomoMum

If you could read any book this weekend ..

JomoMum

What would it be? 

I’d love to know about more genres. 

What is the book about? Why do you love it?

Please share :) 

hills mum bec

I'm not really into reading a book twice but I am halfway through Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens and I don't want to put it down.  I think I will be spending this weekend finishing it.

My favourite genre to read is crime/murder.  I also really enjoy books that are character driven, like a character with a hidden secret or a character that has to overcome a problem.  Not sure what you would call that genre, drama maybe?  Where the Crawdads Sing seems to be a bit of everything I like.

• Like 4

Let-it-go
9 minutes ago, hills mum bec said:

I'm not really into reading a book twice but I am halfway through Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens and I don't want to put it down.  I think I will be spending this weekend finishing it.

Fabulous book!  Definitely one of the best reads of the past year or 2.

i have no idea because I currently have no good recommendations 😭.  I’ve been churning through books in the last 5mths and I stood at the library today with a blank brain and no idea what to read.

HMB - if you like that genre, try The Safe Place.

Edited by Let-it-go
  • Like 1

nori_roll

I'm just about ready to download Hilary Mantel's last book in the Thomas Cromwell trilogy - The Mirror and the Light.  I absolutely adored the two previous books, savoured every moment of reading them so have been almost putting this one off as I don't want it to end.

• Like 2

Lucrezia Bauble

my favourite genre is crime/murder too. I love the Nordic/Scandi Noir crime genre - but there’s good stuff coming out of Ireland at the moment and I really enjoy Australia’s Jane Harper and Peter Temple (both crime).

I have Hillary Mantel’s 3rd Wolf Hall trilogy book “The Mirror and the Light” - I need to psyche myself up for it though. Lots of beheadings ....snap @nori_roll!

Edited by Lucrezia Bauble
  • Like 2

ImperatorFuriosa

I'm currently reading Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. Then I'll move on to the 2nd. Awesome fantasy so far.

• Like 1

Crombek

All our Shimmering Skies by Trent Dalton. It's not actually released until the 29th but I would read it right now if I had it.

• Like 1

Let-it-go
2 hours ago, Lucrezia Bauble said:

my favourite genre is crime/murder too. I love the Nordic/Scandi Noir crime genre 

Any recommendations off the top of your head?  I love this genre too.  I did read a great one recently from Iceland called Snare.

Sorry OP I’m derailing.  

• Like 1