ineedmorecoffee

What’s your go to handbag? Fluffy

Paddlepop
3 hours ago, overlytired said:

Wait, you put a purse in a bag?

So many questions.

Of course. Where else would a purse go when you’ve also got keys, phone and other crap to carry. In American it translates as putting a pocketbook into a purse. 

• Like 1

RichardParker

Sometimes a purse is more than a wallet, it crosses the void between wallet and handbag. 

I’m feeling like the Fanny Pack is the ONLY bag, now. 

overlytired
1 hour ago, Lou-bags said:

😂

Yes- it’s quite common for a women’s wallet to be called a purse. 🤷🏻‍♀️

edited time add- on proper inspection the one I linked is not quite the same as mine. I see your confusion now. Mine is essentially a wallet with a strap you can attach. I wouldn’t be able to put anything else in it. I can slide my phone into the side pocket but that’s it- my keys or anything else I need in a bag won’t fit. 

It’s this style:

https://www.thesak.com.au/style/wallets/sakroots-artist-circle-large-smartphone-crossbody-mini-bag-purse-pastel-flower-garden.html

Where I live, a purse is the handbag.

I was imagining being dragged down by a turducken of bags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

overlytired
31 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

Of course. Where else would a purse go when you’ve also got keys, phone and other crap to carry. In American it translates as putting a pocketbook into a purse. 

In Canadian, that's putting your wallet into your purse.

I've never heard any Americans refer to it as a pocketbook.

Im all caught up now LOL.

• Like 2

Green Sage
6 minutes ago, overlytired said:

In Canadian, that's putting your wallet into your purse.

I've never heard any Americans refer to it as a pocketbook.

Im all caught up now LOL.

Wallets and purses are different. in my experience, Wallets are what men mostly use, and often don’t have a spot for coins, they are flat bifold or trifold leather things. A purse is what a woman usually uses and is slightly bigger and has a coin opening.

Probably goes back to the olden days when you had a “coin purse” but now even the wallet-looking purses are called a purse still. 

One of those small evening bags that fit barely anything other than lipstick can also be called a purse. A handbag is bigger. A handbag is Big enough to put your purse in, of course. Lol. 

• Like 1

Green Sage

My mum calls her handbag a purse sometimes and also calls her wallet a purse. So obviously there is some overlap. Or she is just stuck between two worlds. 

• Like 1

Let-it-go

I’d like someone to find me a fabulous backpack style handbag.  Not too big, must be dressy, preferably a leather look as opposed to fabric.  In a basic colour like dark brown, black or navy but can’t be too plain.  But not blingy either.

Not fussy much, hence why I can’t find one 😂.

AllyK81

I adore bum bags PP! I call them belt bags to sound cooler. Hands free for drinking wine out of coffee cup while wrangling kids at the park (yes I am in Melbourne!).

I had a PE Nation one and an Adidas one and then I added a Gucci one. My bestie mocks me mercilessly for them but I love them.

• Like 3

Paddlepop
4 hours ago, Green Sage said:

Wallets and purses are different. in my experience, Wallets are what men mostly use, and often don’t have a spot for coins, they are flat bifold or trifold leather things. A purse is what a woman usually uses and is slightly bigger and has a coin opening.

Pretty much this. Wallet is for men, purse is for women. Wallet is flat so it fits neatly in a pocket. Purse can be any shape or thickness because it goes in a handbag and not a pocket. 

RichardParker: If you want a less obtrusive bum bag option, what about a running belt?  They're designed to be small and lightweight and I think they can fit under your clothes if you're worried about what the neighbours would think of your bum bag. 

• Like 1

BeAwesome

the-santorini-cb_0006_small-santorini-taI'm currently rotating between:

Wanderers Cross Body Bag

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0wiSnak8A1zL3kjnrHQQ

LoungeFly Eevee Bag

louis-vuitton--M41113_PM2_Front%20view.j 

Louis Vuitton Speedy with Strap

purpleblaze

My understanding was that American's say purse like we say handbag.

• Like 1

RichardParker
5 hours ago, Paddlepop said:

RichardParker: If you want a less obtrusive bum bag option, what about a running belt?  They're designed to be small and lightweight and I think they can fit under your clothes if you're worried about what the neighbours would think of your bum bag. 

I’m feeling like I might need several for all the different facets of my full and interesting life; one for Woolworths; one for Bunnings; one for the school pick-up; one for pretending to watch the kids at home.   “Belt-bags” is a more palatable name. I feel like Covid has changed us such that now, all bets are off, and Bum Bags are in again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Paddlepop

Comedian Laura Clery wears a bum bag. Doesn't matter if she's 9 months pregnant or back to pre-baby shape, she's wearing that bum bag to the shops or when out for a walk. She's on all forms of social media. Her FB page is the main place to find her and her videos. She's very funny. 

https://www.facebook.com/laura.clery/?ref=page_internal

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

I have only one shoulder that I can wear a should strap on. My left - my right must be sloped always falls off. But loving cross. Body now!