ineedmorecoffee

What’s your go to handbag? Fluffy

22Fruitmincepies
9 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

Oh gosh!  I think I have recently become allergic to nickel too.  DD has always had the allergy and I thought I’d escaped it.

Earrings that I’ve worn without a problem before, now feel like hot pokers in my ears.  My ears swell up as well.  Putting in my good quality earrings and it immediately feels soothing.

I became allergic to earrings I’d worn for 10 years, but only after I’d become allergic to other things. I found the itch so bad, I had to put cortisone cream on my ears and use an ice pack. Even jewellery that is supposed to be nickel free sets me off, so when I went to get new everyday earrings, I went to an independent jeweller and had a long discussion about my needs. My new earrings are trouble-free. 

Jenflea

I'm currently on the lookout for a bag to replace my current, much loved, Colorado black tote. It's 8 years old and the inside is looking really grubby now(was used since Dd was 2 so lots of toddler snacks and stuff went in it over the years, plus shopping!) and some of the gold isn't as gold as it should be, but it's the perfect size and I love Colorado's leather. 

None of them have long enough straps(I have fat arms and once you add a coat in winter it's impossible to put them on your shoulder) or they aren't real leather. I refuse to pay $240(DJ's I'm looking at you) for a fake leather bag. 

Jenflea

I do have 2 smaller Colorado bags, one cross body(that looks stupid on me cross body, it's too big and sits weird on me with a thin strap)that I use as  shoulder bag, and one that is a shoulder bag but not quite big enough for my needs. 

Jenflea

I haven't looked at TKmaxx, i might look one day. The ones I've been to here seem pretty crappy though. 

Riotproof

It seems to be a luck thing, I must admit, because they don’t keep a steady range. 

• Like 1

*Andi*
3 hours ago, Redhead43 said:

I shouldn’t have clicked on those Wanderer bag links.

Oh I know...the santorini was my first purchase, and I have since bought a small crossbody one for if I am out for dinner or something and don't need much, a tote, and a wallet. I do wait for their sales though, which seem to be after Christmas and midyear usually! 

WaitForMe

I rarely use a handbag these days. My back isn't great. I carry my phone, sometimes a myki card or car key, and thats it. Keyless entry to the house so no need for house keys. I have a little card purse for when I need my drivers license, medicare card etc, but I don't permanently carry them on me.

When I do need a bag, I like a crossbody bag. I have a leather one which I keep meaning to replace with a fabric bag as its quite heavy, which doesn't help with my back. I got it from Strand Bags, its lasted years now and when I was a stay at home mum it got a good workout. Barely sees the light of day now though.

For work, I cycle so I have my bike panniers, I just take one of them up to my desk. I keep a backpack at work for when I need to go across town during work with my laptop, or I just carry my laptop in my hands.

• Like 1

threeinnyc

One of those calico bags my husband brought home from his work conference (Snapchat, Facebook etc) lol

CaSPer79

If I am doing a full shop or going to shopping for clothes I take my cross the cody colorado bag. If I am just ducking in for milk etc I just take my phone with cards and keys.

PrincessPeach

I’ve got a lily bloom bag which is an absolute tardis & weighs almost nothing (when empty).

If I’m ducking to the shops solo though I just throw my wallet into the bottom of my shopping bag - fits my phone & front door key easy.

purpleblaze

In my search for stylish-ish hip packs (sounds much nicer than bum bags) I came across the brand Herschel, who also do a range of other crossbody/messenger bags.  Now I just have to narrow my colour choice down from 93 colours!!

• Like 1

-Emissary-

Because of this thread, I also have a new crossbody bag from The Wanderer. 

I do love the soft leather though and eyeing off some of their bags now.. 

• Like 4

ineedmorecoffee

I ended up getting this bag and it goes with everything. Am still eyeing another crossbody from The Wanderer’s but will  wait for my birthday 🙂

• Like 2

IamOzgirl

Okay , cool so I wasn't the only one swayed! LOL

• Like 1

Lou-bags
On 15/09/2020 at 9:48 PM, 22Fruitmincepies said:

I love that! 

I currently have a sh*tty Kmart cheapy that’s too small for my purse. But I just pay with my phone.

Or take my purse (linked) but no bag, it has a shoulder strap i can click onto it and a phone sleeve bit. 

https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Sakroots-Womens-Luna-Smartphone-Crossbody-Sunlight-Flower-Power-US-Womens-One-Size-Size-None/19880126/product.html

Hands Up
On 16/09/2020 at 7:51 AM, Riotproof said:

I have recently switched to a small backpack handbag and I am loving it. I think there must be something wrong with how I hold my shoulders because I’m always slinging a shoulder bag back on and it drives me crazy. 

Yep I’ve switched to a cross body bag for that reason. Was constantly hitching the shoulder strap of my bag back up and actually that shoulder now sits higher than the other! Not good.

If I’m just getting milk or taking the kids to school etc (all walking distance) I just take my phone.

Forgot to say which one! It’s a Kate Spade and the strap is removable so it can be a clutch at night. 

Edited by Hands Up

RichardParker
On 16/09/2020 at 8:03 PM, can'tstayaway said:

Anyone else see the belt bags and think fanny pack?  

I’ve seen lots of different designer ones and I know they’re trendy but I can’t get past the high pitched voice in my head screaming  ‘fanny pack’ 🤣

My kids are at home at the moment while I WFH, and I’ve discovered the only way to prevent DS screaming for my phone while I’m on it is to use AirPods and hide the phone in my pocket. BUT, many of my clothes don’t have pockets, and DS always spots it anyway, so when I found an old fanny pack amongst DH’s camping gear, I hid the phone in that and have been wearing it around the house and garden all day. It’s so convenient, as I’ve two hands free while I talk on the phone. But OMG, I hope no-one ever sees me.  I’m not convinced a Gucci one would be any better, frankly. 

• Haha 2

nom_de_plume

I don't own any handbags, and haven't done in about 10 years. I don't even own evening bags. I figure that's what suit pockets were invented for.

These days I pay with my phone so I only carry my phone and keys. In pre-Covid times I would also take my wallet or just my debit card.

When not WFH I have a backpack for work that fits my laptop, a notebook, lunch and drink bottle. It's Targus brand.

• Like 2

overlytired
10 hours ago, Lou-bags said:

I love that! 

I currently have a sh*tty Kmart cheapy that’s too small for my purse. But I just pay with my phone.

Or take my purse (linked) but no bag, it has a shoulder strap i can click onto it and a phone sleeve bit. 

https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Sakroots-Womens-Luna-Smartphone-Crossbody-Sunlight-Flower-Power-US-Womens-One-Size-Size-None/19880126/product.html

Wait, you put a purse in a bag?

So many questions.

ImperatorFuriosa

I recently bought this. It fits fits all my meagre items perfectly if I need a bag when I go out. It's supposed to be across body, but I'm to fat for that. So it's perfect to sling across my shoulder.

20293094-01-FT-LL.jpg

teaspoon

My current Hedgren bag - they're hardwearing

original.jpeg

• Like 3

RichardParker

If I ever go anywhere again, I’d like to carry some of these bags.

I love the look of Tote bags, but they hurt my shoulders and are always falling off- take two hands to hold them in their spot.