ineedmorecoffee

What’s your go to handbag? Fluffy

got my tinsel on

Day to day use I have a similar bag to this (but in black) - mine has pockets at each end as well as two on the front. All the pockets are like the right hand pocket in the pic so quite roomy for keys, passes etc.  Have had it for 5 years now and every once in a while I give it a quick hand wash and hang it on the line. 

nylon bag.jpg

• Like 2

Let-it-go

When I’m going to the shops I now use this, it doubles as the shopping bag for whatever I buy.  It’s so beautiful and quite comfy.  I get comments all the time. 

A0329745-6B22-44C7-B039-DB82B997D22F.jpeg

• Like 8

*holdontight*
6 hours ago, Green Sage said:

and OMG at the $4000 handbag. Lol. I don’t think my entire wardrobe is worth that much. 

I dont even think my entire wardrobe comes to 1K :o    I had a look thinking it was in another currency and I was reading the AUD wrong. I'd be too scared to walk around with it. 

I currently have a small Colorado cross body & will use that until it dies!! I dont have any other handbags, just backpacks if I need to fit more stuff in! 

• Like 3

Ruf~Feral~es
7 hours ago, can'tstayaway said:

I’ve considered a water bottle but I’ve never factored fitting a bottle of wine into my bag as a handbag size criteria 😂 

Really?  I thought it was just a given!!!! :)    My smallest bag needs to be able to fit at least a 600ml diet coke bottle.  And my usual daily bag needs to fit both the diet coke, and the wine when required.  

I do also have a cooler bag for wine for dinners out - red in my handbag and white in my rose-gold one.

Sachi Insulated Wine Purse Champagne Gold

• Like 1

Sugarplum Poobah

I have a couple of Crumpler quarfies -- which they unfortunately don't appear to make anymore.  They're a great tough cross-body style with useful pockets and a secured zip compartment.

I have a couple of other Crumpler bags -- an early messenger style which I picked  up in as-new condition (mind you, they stay looking like that forever anyway) for $2 because "nobody wants them" (yeah, right) and a kick-a*se computer bag. The fabric they use is really tough and stays looking fantastic, they're also very washable. Can't love them enough.

Usually these threads make me feel like I've missed a grown-up gene  -- so good to see some fellow Crumpler travelers!

• Like 3

ineedmorecoffee

Oh my, so many great suggestions and so many links to look at, thank you!!

The budget doesn’t really stretch to Gucci or Prada but will definitely be checking out some of the other suggestions.

You all have such good taste, must be a very stylish bunch 😀

GingerbreadWoman

At the budget end, certainly compared to some of the previous posters, I have this (in a different colour, the one I have is a couple of years old so not available any more) 

https://www.strandbags.com.au/handbags/cabrelli-denim-look-large-crossbody-bag/3162343#

Practical with all the pockets, can fit a small water bottle in the end and it stays upright so doesn’t leak, and big enough to fit all the stuff I need to cart around with my allergy kid... 

Dianalynch
4 hours ago, AllyK81 said:

I do. It is so annoying and confusing! Sometimes it logs me in as one and sometimes the other.

I looked at the user name when you posted the bags, thinking ‘it must be allyk...oh wait it’s not wow someone else has as much money as allyk who knew?’ I am so gauche mentioning money like that - beautiful bags though 

I have a crumpler flock of horror, for shops, work, going out, you name it, and when I carry a laptop I have a red crumpler laptop bag. I do have a lady bag it’s dkny but I couldn’t tell you the last time I used it...I could do with an upgrade from my crumpler....the tight a*se in me won’t buy a new one until it’s worn out, and it never wears out a wash in the machine and it looks pristine again 

seayork2002
15 minutes ago, tinselfoil hat said:

I’ve never fallen in love with a handbag and just prefer to use pockets or a backpack. But this has to be pretty close to perfect:

https://www.cathkidston.com/en-gb/sale/bags-and-accessories/bags/400253505248VNTG_BLU.html

I have had a few cath kidston bags over the years I used to live near one of her shops so was there all the time drooling over them

I love them

Edited by seayork2002
spelling
  • Like 1

Redhead43

At the moment, I am alternating between my black Rachel satchel and my fig Rachel tote both by Fossil

...and both obtained with Flybuys points!!

i shouldn’t have clicked on those Wanderer bag links.

*Ker*

I hate handbag shopping so I buy one and use it forever until I need a new one. I couldnt be bothered swapping all my stuff over all the time either. I just make sure mine is big enough to carry a book or my tablet.

I also won't spend a lot on a bag. 

• Like 4

can'tstayaway
10 hours ago, Hini said:

In this WFC time I have been loving my Gucci marmont belt bag. 

Anyone else see the belt bags and think fanny pack?  

I’ve seen lots of different designer ones and I know they’re trendy but I can’t get past the high pitched voice in my head screaming  ‘fanny pack’ 🤣

• Haha 2

Green Sage
32 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

Anyone else see the belt bags and think fanny pack?  

I’ve seen lots of different designer ones and I know they’re trendy but I can’t get past the high pitched voice in my head screaming  ‘fanny pack’ 🤣

They are “bum bags” where I grew up. And will always be bum bags. 

• Like 5

~Jolly_F~

Bum bags here too... it doesn’t matter if you put a deigned label on it and a ridiculous price tag, you still look like a nerd!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IamOzgirl
12 hours ago, PhillipaCrawford said:

My pocket.
I have one handbag- I use it until it falls apart.
Then I buy a new one.
I have an "evening bag" for once or twice a year going out. When we used to do that!

I am not a proper girl in a lot of ways

Yep, I have one handbag until it dies. 

I do have a couple of evening bags, but tend to gravitate to one. 

Same with jewelry I have one ring one bracket and one necklace (don't do earnings anymore) I don't change nor accessories at all! 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl
1 hour ago, Redhead43 said:

At the moment, I am alternating between my black Rachel satchel and my fig Rachel tote both by Fossil

OMH, I love both of those! I loved fossil for years until I moved to Kate spade! 

22Fruitmincepies
1 hour ago, Redhead43 said:

It was a previous EB handbag thread that lead me to getting my wanderers bag. It was an excellent purchase. 

3 minutes ago, IamOzgirl said:

Yep, I have one handbag until it dies. 

I do have a couple of evening bags, but tend to gravitate to one. 

Same with jewelry I have one ring one bracket and one necklace (don't do earnings anymore) I don't change nor accessories at all! 

A newly acquired nickel allergy means I wear my rings and have the choice of two pairs of earrings only. Any new jewellery has to be good quality white gold or platinum (as I don’t do gold gold), so it’s not a casual purchase. 

Green Sage

If we are talking about dream bags. I really like this brand and splashed out on this as a work bag a few years ago.

if I had lots of spare cash I would buy alllll their bags. And wallets. And just all of it.

https://www.dooney.com/wexford-leather-flynn-BWXFD1044.html?dwvar_BWXFD1044_color=JKWHPANA&cgid=dooney-bags-style-tote#pg=9&start=31&sz=120&cgid=dooney-bags-style-tote

• Like 1

GreenEgg

I have this 

https://wandererstravelco.com/collections/all/products/the-marseille-crossbody-clutch?variant=17157192810566

when I don’t need to carry much, fits a kindle, wallet, phone etc easily.  They have a seconds sale once a year or so, it was 50% off and couldn’t work out the fault.

and when I need to carry more I have this

https://www.fossil.com/en-au/products/maya-satchel/ZB7566001.htm

• Like 1

Sentient Puddle
3 hours ago, Sugarplum Poobah said:

I have a couple of Crumpler quarfies -- which they unfortunately don't appear to make anymore.  They're a great tough cross-body style with useful pockets and a secured zip compartment.

I have a couple of other Crumpler bags -- an early messenger style which I picked  up in as-new condition (mind you, they stay looking like that forever anyway) for $2 because "nobody wants them" (yeah, right) and a kick-a*se computer bag. The fabric they use is really tough and stays looking fantastic, they're also very washable. Can't love them enough.

Usually these threads make me feel like I've missed a grown-up gene  -- so good to see some fellow Crumpler travelers!

I maybe shouldnt list all my Crumpler bags but I will 😄 I have a Million Dollar (name of bag) camera bag, a laptop messenger, a backpack and DD inherited my smaller cross body bag.  I also had a cross body that I didnt like as much and I gave it away.  I am currently looking at their anniversary edition messenger bags but it is hard to justify in lockdown Melb at the moment as I have nowhere to go!!!!  And yes they come with a lifetime warranty and last and last and last!!

-Emissary-

I can’t imagine taking a saffiano Prada  handbag just to do a grocery run...seems a bit inconvenient given they’re bloody heavy to carry.. 

My go to bag just to hit the shops quickly is usually my Longchamp tote

can'tstayaway
1 hour ago, 22Fruitmincepies said:

A newly acquired nickel allergy means I wear my rings and have the choice of two pairs of earrings only. Any new jewellery has to be good quality white gold or platinum (as I don’t do gold gold), so it’s not a casual purchase. 

Oh gosh!  I think I have recently become allergic to nickel too.  DD has always had the allergy and I thought I’d escaped it.

Earrings that I’ve worn without a problem before, now feel like hot pokers in my ears.  My ears swell up as well.  Putting in my good quality earrings and it immediately feels soothing.

purpleblaze

Loving the bags ladies, I now just a use a phone  wallet with a credit card .  Was actually thinking of getting a bum bag for wallet and keys when I (in the future) walk the kids to school.  Any half decent suggestions??