ineedmorecoffee

What’s your go to handbag? Fluffy

ineedmorecoffee

Completely fluffy, what’s your go to handbag when you are just going to the supermarket or running errands? I have a nice black leather cross body bag but it feels too fancy for just running to the shops so looking for ideas.

Have been WFH for six months now and don’t really have a need to get dressed up and use my nice handbags so looking for an in between solution. 

Di-NO-ZO

Not a useful answer but I sew my own handbags, including testing new patterns for a couple of designers, so I have a handbag for EVERY occasion.  Only thing is, being in lockdown, now when I leave the house the only thing I just put my credit card and licence in my pocket!  All these pretty bags hanging at the front door are feeling neglected!!

• Like 2

overlytired

I use a sling / pod bag. Which, if compared to the pretty leather bags PPs posted, is slumming it 🤨.

• Like 1

YodaTheWrinkledOne

If I am literally just going to pick up milk and bread or somthing quick, I don't take a handbag, just my purse, phone and keys. But my purse is a small clutch with a wrist strap (my phone and keys can fit inside if I don't have pockets).

If I am going out for a few errands that might take a while, then I use a small Colorado leather crossbody bag with an adjustable strap (sometimes I wear it crossbody, other times I shorten the strap and wear it like a regular handbag). I have learnt from experience that the bigger the bag, the more crap I put into it (that I rarely need), the heavier it gets.

• Like 2

Riotproof

I have recently switched to a small backpack handbag and I am loving it. I think there must be something wrong with how I hold my shoulders because I’m always slinging a shoulder bag back on and it drives me crazy. 

• Like 2

~Jolly_F~

My bra... I only take my phone, which contains the cards I need and my keys!

That said I have a lot of bags if I need them, I don’t stick to the same one, I take whatever I am feeling like on the day.

• Like 3

PhillipaCrawford

My pocket.
I have one handbag- I use it until it falls apart.
Then I buy a new one.
I have an "evening bag" for once or twice a year going out. When we used to do that!

I am not a proper girl in a lot of ways

• Like 7

Silverstreak

Generally I'll take my $30 cross body handbag with me everywhere, but sometimes, if it's raining and I'm just out for a walk with DS I have a little leather cross body bag that holds a couple of things and can be covered by a jacket. 

• Like 1

Riotproof
2 minutes ago, PhillipaCrawford said:

My pocket.
Then I buy a new one.
I have an "evening bag" for once or twice a year going out. When we used to do that!

Yes. This is me too. Not sure I have an evening bag though. 

• Like 3

MadMarchMasterchef
Lesley225

I used to always have a cross body bag but it was hurting my neck and shoulders and i now use a small backpack which is much more comfortable.

• Like 2

SummerStar

Edited by SummerStar
  • Like 1

can'tstayaway

Even prior to covid, if I was just ducking to the supermarket, I would just use our shopping bags.  

I bought 12 calico bags with a side pocket and zip pocket years ago.  For a small shop, I take just the one bag and pop my keys in the zip up pocket and my phone in the side pocket so I can use it for my shopping list.  Très chic!

• Like 2

seayork2002

My current one is a Uniqlo one, it is large enough for a bottle of wine and all the bits I feel I need to carry I always seem to have calico type shopper bags on me, we don't have a car so they go with me

• Like 1

GingerbreadWoman
57 minutes ago, PhillipaCrawford said:

My pocket.
Then I buy a new one.

This is me too. My ‘evening bag’ has now migrated to my DDs dress up box... ‘but Mummy you don’t use it’ :) 

• Like 3

can'tstayaway
4 minutes ago, seayork2002 said:

My current one is a Uniqlo one, it is large enough for a bottle of wine and all the bits I feel I need to carry I always seem to have calico type shopper bags on me, we don't have a car so they go with me

I’ve considered a water bottle but I’ve never factored fitting a bottle of wine into my bag as a handbag size criteria 😂 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

overlytired
10 minutes ago, seayork2002 said:

I'm glad to see you have your priorities in order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

seayork2002
3 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

I’ve considered a water bottle but I’ve never factored fitting a bottle of wine into my bag as a handbag size criteria 😂 

That is a totally real thing I think about, DH rolls his eyes when we are shopping when I mumble 'I can't have that one it won't fit me prosecco in it' he happily drinks it with me though

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sentient Puddle

Crumpler cross body in black of course 😁

• Like 3

Hini

This guy is may fave. I love navy and I can fit my laptop in it if I need to. https://www.prada.com/au/en/women/bags/top_handles/products.large_saffiano_leather_handbag.1BA153_2ERX_F0X63_V_OOF.html?utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_AU&utm_medium=CPC&utm_source=Google&utm_content=Shopping&s_kwcid=AL!8549!3!328738273143!!!g!838975125015!&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8Nbdnqfs6wIVyxErCh3ukAcsEAQYASABEgJUf_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

In this WFC time I have been loving my Gucci marmont belt bag. I am finding my WFC wardrobe very sports luxe so it works well. Doesn't have a lot of capacity but I don't really go anywhere anymore anyway!

• Like 2