eponee

Swoon!!!

Ruf~Feral~es
2 minutes ago, eponee said:

Are you familiar with the property for sale?

The views are lovely but the noise would turn me off.

No - I haven't been along that bit since it was built  - I didn't look closely enough at exactly where on the street is was....... it is a lovely area though.  :) 

• Like 1

eponee
48 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

I'm with you i hate open plan.  My house is late 20s and it has had the opening widened from lounge into kitchen sort of like a double door otherwise modified original.

Open plan has so much unusable space.

I'm not sure what a peninsula is but i do love an island.  One  that has nothing on it so can just be used as prep space.   Just like a table.  My island is one of the things that sold the house to me but i want to enlarge it.  

I wasnt sure what a peninsula was either.  Google told me - 'A peninsula is basically a connected island, converting an L-shaped kitchen layout into a horseshoe or U-shape. In many kitchens that have this layout, the peninsula serves as a room divider that separates the kitchen from a dining or living room area, as seen in this design.'

Jane Jetson

So, it's a breakfast bar then.

Just without the usual orange vinyl stools from the 70s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

seayork2002
3 minutes ago, Jane Jetson said:

So, it's a breakfast bar then.

Just without the usual orange vinyl stools from the 70s.

I love those orange vinyl stools I just loathe sitting on stools and not a fan of breakfast bars but I love retro vinyl

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TheGreenSheep

Beautiful setting. Great styling. I’m usually a fan, but this feels like a holiday rental in my opinion.

22Fruitmincepies

It is most definitely designed as a holiday apartment and not for full time living. 

We are fans of the open plan living way of life, we’ve done the separate kitchen-dining and living room and much prefer open plan. The next house however will have a second living area, it only needs to be small. 

unicycle

Where is the laundry? I can't find it on the plans or in the photos. Also: are many of the photos artist/ architect inspirations rather than actual photos? Is seems like so much smoke and mirrors.

Green Sage
14 hours ago, 22Fruitmincepies said:

So it’s half of the house you see in the main shot???

I think it’s 1/4 actually. Half of the lower floor. So it’s basically a smallish 3 bed 2 bath house with shared facilities. Shared backyard, and I assume, a shared laundry somewhere. Not my cup of tea, even with the view. How do you share a yard like that? Who owns the land? Who does maintenance? How much are the strata fees or whatever applies? Very strange sort of a development. Never seen one like that. And it needs a pool. 

Green Sage

I found the laundry, it’s a European laundry next to the kitchen. 

• Sad 1

eponee

I'd like it even more if it was a stand alone house.  I dont like the idea of sharing a yard.  Or walls.

This one is so lovely https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-tas-norwood-134079042  I shudder at the thought of cleaning all those windows and glass doors though.  It's been sold though so I guess I dont have to worry about that 🤣

eta  the owners were asking for between $895k - $945k

Edited by eponee

~Jolly_F~

Why is everything always so bland in newer houses? All some kind of white... 

• Like 2

Gumbette

I have to wonder with all that space why would you put a shower over the bath!?  And I don't like shared yards / housing.  Give me a run down shack to myself over brand new shared.  You only need on crackpot neighbour to move in and an it's all over.

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 4

RichardParker

Fun for a weekend but not my idea of a family home.