Jump to content
eponee

Swoon!!!

Recommended Posts

hills mum bec

Beautiful looking house & location but just a little too much exposed for me.  All those windows gives me shudders, lack of privacy and lack of warmth.  I live in a very cold climate where for 8 months a year we cover windows with heavy curtains to keep the cold out, there is no way you could keep this house warm where I live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bandwagon

I’m not usually keen on modern houses but that is gorgeous. Love it. I forgot to look at the price...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got my tinsel on

Lovely house - not my style at all though.  

But why do so many agents include those w**ky 'ambience' style photos - do they really think potential buyers will be won over by the pics of the bedside table and lamp, the carved timber bowl or the magazine with a handful of shells scattered over it?

Give me photos of the house and yard/s!!!

  • Like 19
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lesley225

You're supposed to fall in love with the vibe - i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22Fruitmincepies

So it’s half of the house you see in the main shot???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethlehem Babe

Yes, I want to see the top half plans too if included. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got my tinsel on

it seems it's a block of four apartments - the floorplan is all you get (with a shared yard?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jane Jetson

Not my style at all. I'm never going to understand why everyone seems to love having one big living area with the kitchen in it. Usually with lots of hard echoing tile.

Where do you go if you want to read a book when your kids are playing the PlayStation (or vice versa)?

What if you want to relax in the evening after a meal and have to choose between cleaning the kitchen RIGHT NOW while you're full or sitting there looking at the mess? (Or, as in my case, you have an I-cook-you-clean deal with the DH and he's not prompt about doing his half?)

Isn't it horribly expensive to heat and cool?

Yuck, no thanks, I like doors.

Edited by Jane Jetson
Extra words because I can't English today apparently
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwi Bicycle

Actually both us and my in laws have seperate kitchens to living rooms, in laws designed by choice. They didn't want cooking smells in their living room ( they are Chinese) and FIL actually uses the wok burner on the BBQ outside for really smelly cooking. 

My other peeve is how does someone watch tv when you are using a noisy kitchen appliance like a beater, food processor etc?

A combined kitchen and dining is fine, with doors dividing off the living room is actually more appropiate plus you will find some ethnic groups would prefer it that way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ruf~Feral~es

I love the modern, minimalist style, but not that layout.  The bedroom is right off the kitchen, and I agree with others - the open plan kitchen/living wouldn't work for me.  Nor would the shared outdoor space.  

And here's a first world problem for you - my parents live around there,  and some of their best friends live along that road, so I've spent quite a bit of time either just up the road or just down the road from that place....... it is a really noisy waterway!  The view is lovely, but on a summer weekend there are jetskis and boats, and people, and people!  *Yes, definitely first world issue, I know!!  But if I had that sort of money, I'd look for something with more privacy and serentity, just saying.  :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got my tinsel on
50 minutes ago, Jane Jetson said:

Not my style at all. I'm never going to understand why everyone seems to love having one big living area with the kitchen in it. Usually with lots of hard echoing tile.

Where do you want to go if you want to read a book when your kids are playing the PlayStation (or vice versa)?

What if you want to relax in the evening after a meal and have to choose between cleaning the kitchen RIGHT NOW while you're full or sitting there looking at the mess? (Or, as in my case, you have an I-cook-you-clean deal with the DH and he's not prompt about doing his half?)

Isn't it horribly expensive to heat and cool?

Yuck, no thanks, I like doors.

I thought I was the only person left who is not a fan of open plan.  So pleased to know I'm not.

Now I just need to find someone else who isn't a fan of kitchen islands or peninsulas.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seayork2002

I like the colour scheme of the bathroom near the end but not the toilet and the bedroom with the sliding door is ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alias grace
23 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Actually both us and my in laws have seperate kitchens to living rooms, in laws designed by choice. They didn't want cooking smells in their living room ( they are Chinese) and FIL actually uses the wok burner on the BBQ outside for really smelly cooking. 

My other peeve is how does someone watch tv when you are using a noisy kitchen appliance like a beater, food processor etc?

A combined kitchen and dining is fine, with doors dividing off the living room is actually more appropiate plus you will find some ethnic groups would prefer it that way.

Our friends in Singapore have the best set up.  They live in a fairly modestly sized apartment but have the 'show' kitchen out front with a closed door to the 'working' kitchen (with an extra cook top, sink, appliances, etc.) behind.   I guess the 'working' part is just an oversized butler's pantry, but a lot more spacious and functional.  For me, that would be the best of both worlds, especially when entertaining - since I don't necessarily want to be completely shut away in the kitchen but at the same time I do get a degree of performance anxiety preparing food in front of guests (and you can hide the mess)! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozquoll

I agree with Jane Jetson - open plan sux and I can hear the echoes from all those hard surfaces all the way from Victoria 🙉!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~Jolly_F~

So much glass with no curtains is a huge hell no for me!

I love open plan, most open plan houses have a second separate lounge area in my experience. None of the things listed have been problems in the many years of living in an open plan house!!

Edited by ~Jolly_F~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lesley225
4 minutes ago, got my tinsel on said:

I thought I was the only person left who is not a fan of open plan.  So pleased to know I'm not.

Now I just need to find someone else who isn't a fan of kitchen islands or peninsulas.

 

I'm with you i hate open plan.  My house is late 20s and it has had the opening widened from lounge into kitchen sort of like a double door otherwise modified original.

Open plan has so much unusable space.

I'm not sure what a peninsula is but i do love an island.  One  that has nothing on it so can just be used as prep space.   Just like a table.  My island is one of the things that sold the house to me but i want to enlarge it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverstreak

Lovely view but I was most impressed by the sink with the built in hand towel rack lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seayork2002

I like a kitchen with a dining area and maybe room for a sofa and TV (in a dream house) but i like a separate lounge

I dont like separate dining rooms on their own

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrincessPeach
4 minutes ago, ~Jolly_F~ said:

So much glass with no curtains is a huge hell no for me!

I love open plan, most open plan houses have a second separate lounge area in my experience. I don’t know none of the things listed have been problems in the many years of living in an open plan house!!

We have open plan & if it had a second separate living area it would be absolute perfection. As for how to keep it cool - we just open up the windows & doors & let the cool breezes through, add that to the ceiling fans & you are done, if evaporative cooling was effective in humid climates, you could use that. There are very few days in the year we would be wanting to artificially cool the living areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got my tinsel on
12 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

I'm with you i hate open plan.  My house is late 20s and it has had the opening widened from lounge into kitchen sort of like a double door otherwise modified original.

Open plan has so much unusable space.

I'm not sure what a peninsula is but i do love an island.  One  that has nothing on it so can just be used as prep space.   Just like a table.  My island is one of the things that sold the house to me but i want to enlarge it.  

A peninsula is like an island but attached at one end - attached to either a wall and jutting out from that or attached to a bench top perpendicular to it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kitchen+peninsula&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

Edited by got my tinsel on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~Jolly_F~
3 minutes ago, PrincessPeach said:

We have open plan & if it had a second separate living area it would be absolute perfection. As for how to keep it cool - we just open up the windows & doors & let the cool breezes through, add that to the ceiling fans & you are done, if evaporative cooling was effective in humid climates, you could use that. There are very few days in the year we would be wanting to artificially cool the living areas.

Same with ours we open the big sliding doors to the patio and the front door and a nice breeze comes through, turn on ceiling fans, all good. We have a thumping aircon unit which can heat or cool the area. Plus all the bedrooms have aircon units. I don’t pay any more for power living in the tropics than I did living in the cold and snow!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadCat

 I don't like open plan and I wouldn't live on the waterfront.  But OMG all those windows are the shiz.  I love huge windows and I'm not all that interested in curtains at all.  I have huge windows across the front of my house and I almost never pull the curtains in the living areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ernegirl

Each to their own, my first impression is a stack of Ferrero  Rocher cases  hot-gunned together, or a film set house with the missing wall a la the Paddington Bear movie.  I'm firmly in the 19th century when it comes to architecture. But vive la difference!

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eponee
52 minutes ago, Ruf~Feral~es said:

I love the modern, minimalist style, but not that layout.  The bedroom is right off the kitchen, and I agree with others - the open plan kitchen/living wouldn't work for me.  Nor would the shared outdoor space.  

And here's a first world problem for you - my parents live around there,  and some of their best friends live along that road, so I've spent quite a bit of time either just up the road or just down the road from that place....... it is a really noisy waterway!  The view is lovely, but on a summer weekend there are jetskis and boats, and people, and people!  *Yes, definitely first world issue, I know!!  But if I had that sort of money, I'd look for something with more privacy and serentity, just saying.  :) 

Are you familiar with the property for sale?

The views are lovely but the noise would turn me off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...