~*~blizzy~*~

Vacuum recommendations

~*~blizzy~*~

I need to buy a new vacuum and I don’t want to get it wrong. 
I need

- something light as I am in a 2 story so it will go between the levels 

- something that will work on floating floorboards and carpet and tiles

- we have Labradors that come inside so something good with pet hair

- I also lose tonnes of hair. My 8 year old Electrolux would get the head blocked every time and not spin because of my hair wrapped around it 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

I don’t really have a budget but I just want something tried and tested that can do the above. I don’t trust the guys at the shops because they didn’t seem very knowledgeable when I was asking questions. 

Edited by ~*~blizzy~*~
Spelling

Lalala4

Miele for vacuums (though friend swore by something like...nilfisk?).

There’s a great thread on Reddit where a guy who repairs vacuums explains why he doesn’t rate Dyson though some people love them.

but really I’m here to encourage you to get the hair loss checked out, if you haven’t; could be something as simple as low iron (was for me!).

~*~blizzy~*~
3 minutes ago, Lalala4 said:

Miele for vacuums (though friend swore by something like...nilfisk?).

There’s a great thread on Reddit where a guy who repairs vacuums explains why he doesn’t rate Dyson though some people love them.

but really I’m here to encourage you to get the hair loss checked out, if you haven’t; could be something as simple as low iron (was for me!).

Haha! I’m not keen on the dyson, purely cause I’ve watched my friend go thrub3 in the time I’ve had my Electrolux. 

as for the hair loss - is aware of what causes it and I’m having a major flare up at the moment. So I guess it’s not always like this 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

can'tstayaway

Miele Cat and Dog is great.  

Though, now having one of their Compacts and being able to fit the other parts onto it, I would suggest buying two cheaper Miele’s and the turbo head.  

The Cat and Dog is around the $500-600 mark, the cheaper Miele’s are around the $200-300 mark.  Add in a turbo brush which is brilliant for carpets. And you won’t have to move the vacuum up and down stairs.

The C&D has extras like charcoal filters to reduce the pet hair smell being recirculated back into the room.  You can buy replacement filters to fit into the other models too.  

The turbo head has brushes that does a good job picking up hair from carpet.  There’s a powerhead that has a separate motor to turn the rotating brush head.  It was good and required less time to vacuum a room because I didn’t have to run the vacuum over the carpet as many times to pick up all the dog hair.   The unpowered turbo brush is better than no brush.  The only downside is my long hair would get tangled in it and I would have to manually remove it once a week.