Indi

When is the Dan love going to stop?

Lunafreya

Newsflash: people lie

steppy
37 minutes ago, AnythingGoes said:

Ultimately the responsibility sits with him. Given that we are in this situation  because of the previous leaks from hotel quarantine he should have been ensuring that his ministers were ensuring that the hotel quarantine was been run properly this time around. 

No leader of a company gets to say - oh well that issue was happening at a lower level and hence not my problem, or oh well we employed company A and they subcontracted company B - not our problem. They are expected to ask the right questions, have the right processes in place for approvals, standards etc. 

You must live in a different world than I do. In my world, people at the top never get any kind of come uppance and if they do it is alleviated by a large payout. In the meantime, people in middle management or even lowly admin assistants, cleaners etc are sacked, with no package. I've almost never seen a company head take the fall, sans huge payout.

• Like 9

born.a.girl

The people replaced are not security staff.  The police are the security providers, and they don't clean rooms.

• Like 4

22Fruitmincepies
8 minutes ago, steppy said:

You must live in a different world than I do. In my world, people at the top never get any kind of come uppance and if they do it is alleviated by a large payout. In the meantime, people in middle management or even lowly admin assistants, cleaners etc are sacked, with no package. I've almost never seen a company head take the fall, sans huge payout.

I wonder how big the pay out is of the outgoing rio Tinto boss... 

• Like 2

Steggles66
51 minutes ago, AnythingGoes said:

Ultimately the responsibility sits with him. Given that we are in this situation  because of the previous leaks from hotel quarantine he should have been ensuring that his ministers were ensuring that the hotel quarantine was been run properly this time around. 

No leader of a company gets to say - oh well that issue was happening at a lower level and hence not my problem, or oh well we employed company A and they subcontracted company B - not our problem. They are expected to ask the right questions, have the right processes in place for approvals, standards etc. 

Well if we're going with that logic then doesn't  ultimate responsibility sit with Scott Morrison?

After all biosecurity is a national responsibility!!

• Like 17

Soontobegran

Changed my mind, CBF.

Edited by Soontobegran
  • Haha 1

Bono25

I don't get how you think bringing the police in will solve anything. They're not trained and are not medical professionals either. 

• Like 8

Zeppelina

I feel like this thread is the right place for this:

-XZMI4u254Cp1-NUHW3JsNRrlDRBUuC3xIrbk14vPHjulJ8Tqywxlvy6DjS4viUsuNJ1kaPnXhraf4Pi91_jVkv45HfAXsekTCS3MDd_m1mLko5AnuJRM-pgnEitlBqZsOzsVMolJmEVVcussu3MeBCjZtf6bOaBhTN28oJaD3f54a_MdRtbU7-BczVdUTOnSCSg8m33Y7eeiUuQZUkxz18l58eXv3LYhDYq1lBNUaM0N_RERV07NYUwPtir4Vaya1cC_O-EcmLqu4CyYdFGjPTm8shd6wKnu090MAleasezXMWZcGn7PRLEPseyh_uKmILC7XYL0OkA4fhhTWDmJA8fU8gLlLls5VcBgk4u_Wo842_WtT9DDuxR5xX_LuM7fsIvY0NS9kc60a-0wyWWxxrH5TjWfoOLgqmc2OPDxFJZlP_FE01RjDyjSzDydQwFafv8_INSNpXANJX7TpUxi7F1gj6g7HFP5a0ZhkVpnPF1-yHo1x1nY4EGrMI1WegBuuc8Y_bp97Yck02fbZR-UJEv8gIi6humT2xjFZ80Bt9lPhTRLQIQejAoFwquMydHtetorJv7wcVGTcPCste3abyE-AFdDFMt_AjqBgeVnNRkn4Iq96_EGDK2BDf9HnB5o3OdaA9zQQlAgeC3HJWF1Y-HKO1bvACrEOi8cB85VvVKftWkwKXAotTw3wTl2Q=w495-h878-no?authuser=0

It's the same story all over the world. I have friends in the US and the UK living in fear who would give anything to be in Victoria right now, to have a leader who has actually taken this disease seriously from the start, and has continued to do so. I have many relatives who have lived through actual dictatorships who are utterly disgusted by the cries of 'Dictator Dan.' People here have NFI how lucky they are.

(I don't know this person myself, she put the image of her fb post on twitter, which is where I saw it.)

• Like 9

~Jolly_F~
10 hours ago, AnythingGoes said:

Bullsh*t, in what fantasy land do you live.... leaders of companies, presidents, prime ministers (looking after you Scummy), archbishops and so on - they all do it, the say it was happening at a lower level, I didn’t know, it ain’t my problem, so it ain’t on me. 

• Like 2

Stuffed Olive

43 minutes ago, Zeppelina said:

I feel like this thread is the right place for this:

-XZMI4u254Cp1-NUHW3JsNRrlDRBUuC3xIrbk14vPHjulJ8Tqywxlvy6DjS4viUsuNJ1kaPnXhraf4Pi91_jVkv45HfAXsekTCS3MDd_m1mLko5AnuJRM-pgnEitlBqZsOzsVMolJmEVVcussu3MeBCjZtf6bOaBhTN28oJaD3f54a_MdRtbU7-BczVdUTOnSCSg8m33Y7eeiUuQZUkxz18l58eXv3LYhDYq1lBNUaM0N_RERV07NYUwPtir4Vaya1cC_O-EcmLqu4CyYdFGjPTm8shd6wKnu090MAleasezXMWZcGn7PRLEPseyh_uKmILC7XYL0OkA4fhhTWDmJA8fU8gLlLls5VcBgk4u_Wo842_WtT9DDuxR5xX_LuM7fsIvY0NS9kc60a-0wyWWxxrH5TjWfoOLgqmc2OPDxFJZlP_FE01RjDyjSzDydQwFafv8_INSNpXANJX7TpUxi7F1gj6g7HFP5a0ZhkVpnPF1-yHo1x1nY4EGrMI1WegBuuc8Y_bp97Yck02fbZR-UJEv8gIi6humT2xjFZ80Bt9lPhTRLQIQejAoFwquMydHtetorJv7wcVGTcPCste3abyE-AFdDFMt_AjqBgeVnNRkn4Iq96_EGDK2BDf9HnB5o3OdaA9zQQlAgeC3HJWF1Y-HKO1bvACrEOi8cB85VvVKftWkwKXAotTw3wTl2Q=w495-h878-no?authuser=0

It's the same story all over the world. I have friends in the US and the UK living in fear who would give anything to be in Victoria right now, to have a leader who has actually taken this disease seriously from the start, and has continued to do so. I have many relatives who have lived through actual dictatorships who are utterly disgusted by the cries of 'Dictator Dan.' People here have NFI how lucky they are.

(I don't know this person myself, she put the image of her fb post on twitter, which is where I saw it.)

It's ironic that the "lucky country" is whinging so much*, but I guess that's one of the benefits of being lucky! My friends in the UK frequently comment that they wish their government was taking Covid as seriously as the Victorian govt is doing, and that we are being provided so much more information about the progress / epidemiology of the disease than they are. 

* Referring to the media and the entitled!

Edited by Stuffed Olive
  • Like 4