MadMarchMasterchef

Google Pay / Apple pay

SeaPrincess
1 hour ago, ckmelb said:

With Google pay the app actually disables if you don't have a passcode. So you must have a pin for it to work

Good point. I don’t need to unlock my iPhone to use Apple Pay, but it Doesn’t auto-approve anything. I have facial recognition set up, so it looks for my face first, then a 6-digit pin.

IamOzgirl
2 hours ago, nightmarish said:

NSW only. If you go out of state (remember when that was possible) or something falls under federal jurisdiction they won't accept it. So it's good for 9/10 things. 

Yes NSW only. I would carry my wallet on a road trip. I'm talking day to day. 

IamOzgirl
3 hours ago, dadwasathome said:

DP is far closer to the Police than I am, and is of the view that digital licences have been forced without everything being in place.

I said, screw that, the Government needs to take overall responsibility if the police don't like it.

It feels weird to have coins in my pocket these days.

I was actually part of the implementation of the digital license - it was a long process. Def not implemented on a whim. 

Google it, everything says the police will accept it. 

It is a legal government ID. It would not stand up in court if you were charged with failure to produce a license. 

• Like 1

Prancer is coming

I don’t pay for things on my phone, but do it through my watch.  I love that I can leave the house with nothing and still pay for things if needed.  We spend a lot of time at the beach and pool, and means I don’t have to worry about where to stash my phone and wallet whilst in the water, as I don’t need them.  

I carried my card as back up when I first started, but now feel confident.  Only thing I can’t use it for is the sausage sizzles at our beach :)

• Like 1

mumpteen

5 hours ago, SeaPrincess said:

Good point. I don’t need to unlock my iPhone to use Apple Pay, but it Doesn’t auto-approve anything. I have facial recognition set up, so it looks for my face first, then a 6-digit pin.

I have to unlock my Samsung phone to use Google pay. I actually find it more secure than a card - anyone can use your card for up to $100 ($200 now?) in transactions without a PIN but not anyone can unlock your phone.

Edited by mumpteen
  • Like 4

*bucket*
On 04/09/2020 at 1:13 PM, wallofdodo said:

Orginally the Myki app wasn't available for Iphones, but it is now

I can't find Myki for iPhones, and I've never heard it existed. I know about the Android version. What's the iPhone app called?

IamOzgirl
3 hours ago, *bucket* said:

I can't find Myki for iPhones, and I've never heard it existed. I know about the Android version. What's the iPhone app called?

Android only unfortunately 

• Sad 1

wallofdodo

I thought it had been updated for iphone as well, a guy at my work was waiting for it!  

Feral-as-Meggs

Love Apple Pay.  I still keep 1 card in the phone case/wallet as I’m prone to letting my phone run out of batteries.    But like Prancer its great to just take a watch to the beach and not have to look after my wallet. 

Ive occasionally had trouble with old fashioned terminals that demand a PIN after scanning the phone, and once got caught with a transaction limit when I had a large transaction (2 pairs of multifocals) at the optometrist.  I had to ring the bank.  

Inkogneatoh
On 05/09/2020 at 5:49 PM, mumpteen said:

I have to unlock my Samsung phone to use Google pay. I actually find it more secure than a card - anyone can use your card for up to $100 ($200 now?) in transactions without a PIN but not anyone can unlock your phone.

Not sure if it's all banks, but my NAB cards have the microchip disabled, so you can't pay wave with them. Did that last year after my purse was stolen and $600 disappeared in about 10 transaction in 30 minutes (at a servo at 3am). Not 100% sure, but I think I was able to do it via online banking. Means I'm currently getting slightly confusing looks at the moment as I have to insert my card and put in the pin.

IamOzgirl

Did you get the money back though?