IamOzgirl

Plate if Origin

IamOzgirl

Feels like MKR with a different story/hook. 

All bubbly and childish and not serious like Masterchef. 

I hope it doesn't develop to MRK b**chiness. 

)I wasn't going to watch at all, but mum wanted too) 

• Like 1

Riotproof

Yeah. I’m in the no way category. Haven’t watched. The ads have been enough. 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

I'm just annoyed it not a new format. It is just a rebooted MKR, which I was over. 

They even have a dinner table where the competition Fry's the food, and opposing contestant just asked if someone was single! Like seriously it's a cooking show not a dating show! 

• Like 1

Riotproof

That's pretty much what I assumed. I'm a bit disappointed in them. 

Still love to see a Gary actual cooking show though. 

IamOzgirl

Gary hosting his own show? There was one one SBS Food im sure.

• Like 1

Riotproof

Yeah, there was a se Asian one that I liked. That’s where I think he should be.. not this kind of thing. 

Jenflea

I've had enough of middle aged white men on cooking shows so I'm not at all tempted to watch. 

The ads with all the bloody cheering and carry on put me off anyway.  

I also feel a bit ick about judging cultural foods, with one being better than another.  

• Like 1

IamOzgirl
23 minutes ago, Riotproof said:

Yeah, there was a se Asian one that I liked. That’s where I think he should be.. not this kind of thing. 

Have you seen the Boy's  Weekend series? That was funny.

• Like 2

Chchgirl

Honestly I was really looking forward to this as I love all three,  but it was just not very interesting.  I haven't watched MKR for years and this is not Masterchef level.

Missing it tomorrow night as The Masked singer is on but not sure , might watch it next sunday but if it's still boring that will be it from me. I'm not interested in another MKR, I lost interest in that about 5 years ago.

• Like 2

Chocolate Addict

My mum watches cooking shows almost non stop, she watched this. For some strange reason she didn't think it was going to be a cooking contest but the three of them doing cooking from different countries. lol

While she didn't fall asleep watching (like she usually does) I doubt she will keep watching. It really does look like MKR in a new outfit.

• Like 1

Sancti-claws

We watched the first episode last night - unfortunately too MKR and not enough Masterchef.  Dd seemed to enjoy but not sure if that is enough of a hook for me to contemplate another episode.

• Like 1

Chchgirl

I didn't bother last night  as the Masked singer was on, I'll try again Sunday night but I'm not sure I want another MKR, I don't even like the original one.

• Like 1

*Ker*

I watched. It was ok. Maybe I'm just over cooking shows.

• Like 1

Soontobegran

I think it is okay, I'll watch it. There are a couple of seemingly nice and interesting contestants. The food however is less about one country having better food than another and more about the abilities of the chefs.

I laughed a little bit at the French men that sometimes forgot to speak with a French accent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Babetty

We're watching it with the kids. I'm enjoying it - light and fluffy for family viewing, we're not seeing any "journeys" and the judges seem to be relaxed and enjoying themselves too.

I'm not going to learn anything about cooking, but I just might learn about some different cuisines.

• Like 2

Scootaloo

Same here Babetty,  and something light and fluffy hits the mark at the moment. There is too much serious stuff going on in real life at the moment, so it is nice to sit down to a funny family friendly show after dinner. 

• Like 1

Nozycat

I so wanted that octopus dish Greece did the other night, yum.

Gumbette

I'm just happy George Calombaris or Pete Evans weren't in the line up - and yes it appears to be MKR with a different name.

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 4

Inkogneatoh
On 30/08/2020 at 8:39 PM, IamOzgirl said:

Have you seen the Boy's  Weekend series? That was funny.

That was a "watch while sober" show. Manu and Miguel talking to each other fast can very quickly leave me slightly confused when my brain isn't running at full speed.  

I 7plus-ed the show last night. It's not bad. I do like that the other contestants aren't hearing (and parroting) the judges remarks. Then again, I've always considered MKR more a contest with the cooking as a secondary, rather than the cooking taking centre stage over the contestant personality aspect. Totally saw where the question from the Greeks about "What is your country/culture known for?" was going to end.

• Like 1

Nozycat

Mmm mmm mmm - butter chicken, yummy.  Ash reminds me of someone so much, someone nicer, but I can't for the life of me think who.

I am enjoying this show, although I am ff a lot of it, much better and more good-natured than MKR imo which I gave up on a long while ago.  I really like that the contestants are not scoring so it cuts out a lot of the meanness and strategising.

Chocolate Addict

My mum lasted 2 episodes. lol

I saw it rated really badly last week, so bad that Anh Doh's painting show rated better.

• Like 1

Jenflea

I tried watching one episode this week because a friend of a friend was on..I just couldn't watch it.  

So much fanfare and carry on, and then the cooking is very MKR and the 3 judges just rub me the wrong way now, sick of middle aged white men judging I think. 

Chchgirl

I watched it again sunday as nothing else was on but still not that keen. Didn't watch again.

Mose

DS is into it, but I really don't know what the target market is - some of the comments made around the tasting table suggest it isn't really intended as family viewing.

I just like having a show he is into in the evenings, he gets excited for it, and there is little enough excitement here at the moment that we can go with it.  And maybe try to replicate a recipe or two.

• Like 2

Soontobegran

I record and watch later. It is okay, I think it is worth sticking with to see the personalities develop.

• Like 1